Slow Play
Over Serious Guy
Not Serious Enough Guy
Rangers that Dont Enforce
Rangers that think they are judge jury and executioner
The USGA
The R&A
The PGA of America acting like the mafia
Private Clubs employees that forget why they are there.
Public course goers that think they deserve a red carpet under their feet.
Have I mentioned slow play?

I could be here all day. There are a lot of things about this game that I would love to see changed.

Well said JB! All of the above for me.

Cost.
Slow Play
Over Serious Guy
Not Serious Enough Guy
Rangers that Dont Enforce
Rangers that think they are judge jury and executioner
The USGA
The R&A
The PGA of America acting like the mafia
Private Clubs employees that forget why they are there.
Public course goers that think they deserve a red carpet under their feet.
Have I mentioned slow play?

I could be here all day. There are a lot of things about this game that I would love to see changed.

JB just about summed it up pretty good. The original post was good too I agree with that. I don't care about scores and if someone takes practice swings but I absolutely hate when someone is sitting on the fairway teaching whoever they are with how to play, take a crap shot, drop another ball give some more coaching, take another crap shot etc all the while there are 3 groups behind them waiting to tee off! That not even slow play that's driving range play. If someone needs to be coached for every damn shot do it at the range not on the fairway. If your on the course you should at least have a semblance of an idea of how to play the game and not need to have someone holding your hand the whole time. IMO

In my Taylormade catalina 3.0 cart bag:
Callaway RAZR X irons 4-sw
Callaway RAZR X HL 3H 21*
Callaway RAZR Hawk 3W 15*
Callaway RAZR FIT Xtreme 10.5*
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52* wedge
Nike VR pro 60* wedge
Odyssey metal X #9 putter

Drive for show, putt for dough

Sent from my nexus 10 (Tapatalk)

JB, You'd love this tournament I'm at. Threesomes, walking.. 5 hour plus rounds. What the eff

Pace of play. I played a course yesterday with a 260 yard par 4 over water. I watched group after group wait for the green to clear so that guys on the box could go after it. Ask me how many landed within 50 yards of the pin?

Slow play.
Shaggy greens
Slow play
over priced courses
5+ hour rounds

Short season
6 minute intervals of tee times then waiting
The extra 20 bucks for a cart hence one reason I walk
The cost of a round at most courses up here.

Whenever my good round is over and whenever a bad round won't end (if that makes sense?) When I'm playing well, I want to play until I can't stand up anymore. When I'm not playing well, while I still enjoy the game, I'm ready to finish the round and try to evaluate what's going wrong with my game.

The cost of golf - Just finished 9 holes when teeing off at 5:15...$30 dollars and I had to hall you know what to finish. Second would be slow play and the lack of golf etiqutte on the golf course. Playing behind a walker hitting two balls and he failed to let me play through. I was on a cart.

Last would be those numerous practice swings. Some of my buddies feel it is necessary to take 5 and 6 practices swings on every shot. Then end up duffing it. Come on Man!!!

I hate workers who wear ear buds and listen to their Ipods while they work in the line of play. I yell "fore" and they don't hear me and then when my ball lands anywhere near them or in the bunker they are working in they get all pissy acting like I didn't have the courtesy to warn them.

JB and other posters hit just about everything I dislike about golf. I will add golfers who watch too much "TV golf" and have adopted the mannerisms of the professionals - taking 2-3 minutes to read a putt, 30 second pre-shot routines, worrying too much about a slight breeze, etc... Also I dislike golfers who try and play "mind games" with their opponents.

I don't like "ball hawkers" - guys who prowl the rough looking for lost balls, and take out their ball retrievers at every water hazard to fish out balls. Geez, how many balls do you need anyway? That also brings up golfers who use "water balls," when confronted with water on the course. Many times I've seen golfers just miss clearing a water hazard, and I want to tell them that maybe if they had used a good ball they would have made it over.

OK, I'm done! Great thread.

1. Cost
2. Cost
3. Cost
4. Crappy service at a course after paying a lot to play
5. Lousy marshals/no marshals after paying a lot to play
6. Slow Play
7. Super Fast Play
8. People complaining on the course
9. Cost

Golf is so damn expensive up here I actually really look forward to winter so that I can pay a still-inflated but somewhat reasonable rate.

People that take more than 2 full practice swings (with pause between each)

After the 2nd one I'm just going to start walking to my ball.

Most of mine have already been listed already... cost, slow play, elitist attitudes...

I absolutely love the game of golf, but I hate how it takes me away from my family when I play on the weekends and play outings. Outings are so much fun but they're complete day killers

I dislike that the benefits of lessons and practice seem only temporary. I gets more than a bit frustrating having to work through the same problems over and over and over again.

The elitist attitude is an interesting one. It comes in many shapes and sizes and hardly ever makes any sense. The odd clown has come across my path and told me I shouldn't tuck my shirt in if I can't shoot 69 but I just ignore those kinds of people. I've noticed it a lot when partnered with senior or "junior" members at clubs and just attributed it to teens being teens or bitter old men just being their grumpy old selves.

I hate waiting for people to clear so I can hit, then topping a shot that travels 17.63 yards.

I dislike slow play to the point where everyone finds themselves standing around, hurts my already limited flexibility.

Just call me...Barb

Slow play. Sometimes it can be excruciating. It really takes a concerted effort sometimes to keep your patience when you have to wait on every single shot.

A pet peeve of mine is people playing from the wrong tee (slow pay). A guy I played with in Milwaukee insisted on playing from the back tee because he was "too embarrassed" to play from the white tees. Too embarrassed?! Isn't it embarrassing to play from the back tee and not have your drive clear the red tee? I don't get it, I play from the tee that gives me 6,000-6,300 yards, a distance I am comfortable playing.

I see this question asked from time to time on this or that forum, and I suppose if you're gonna press me for an answer, I'd say that I just don't get to play enough. And this is coming from a guy who's played more than 100 rounds (so far!) this year. But honestly, this is how I feel about the "negatives" within the game of golf:

I don't care how fast I can play, I don't care how slow I have to play. I don't care if I ride or walk. I don't care how often the beer cart comes around. Don't care if I lose my ball, don't care if I have to help find my partner's ball. Don't care if it's raining, windy, foggy, snowing, hot, cold, bugs, or bad partners. Don't care if the greens are fast or slow, fairways are hard or soft, tee boxes are shaggy or short. Don't care if my lie is good, bad, thick, thin, fluffy or tight. Doesn't matter what's the cost, I'd honestly go out there with a semi-round stone and a club shaped stick if that's all I could afford. Like I mentioned before, my only real peeve is that occasionally the sun goes down and I have to come home.......................True story......You can look it up

Slow play & groups that won't let a faster group play through. Or my favorite, the 4some that won't let the single play through.

Letting people play through is not the answer. It actually slows down play. Now if course is not busy sure you should let people play through. But if it is a busy weekend and you go out as a solo you should not expect foursomes let you through if they are on pace with the day. Courses should also do a better job of making people pair up, example a 3 some goes off at 8:50 and a single at 9:10, put them together!

Pace of play is also relative, if it's a busy day and paths only course pace might be 4 hours, slow day it might be 3:30, rangers need to learn this.

I hate slow play but I do try to look at all the variables, and even if it's a day where the course is slow I am still going to enjoy my day on the course, I am not going to get all worked up over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Courses up here are switching to "Cart Paths Only" already and all I can do is groan. I never take a cart but pace of play just takes such a hard hit when this happens.

The part I dislike, is the food and beverage carts have disappeared for the season.
Also, the greens are getting really long from less frequent mowing.

I hate it when people use golf as an excuse to get drunk and treat the cart girls like there just to be hit on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mainly slow play....

Back