Texas HS Football Blowout Leads to Bullying Allegation

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a redistricting fight that came up when Western Hills was on the verge of being left out of this district and they fought to stay in it?!

That, I don't know about. Even though, we are in Western Hills school district, we will not be sending out child to any of their schools. So, I do not keep track of their news. I have never heard a positive comment about WH schools.

I'm just waiting for parents to start sending their kids to school engulfed in bubble wrap.

Madness.

either that or hamster balls

Auburn could have pressed bullying charges against most of the SEC last year if all it takes is a blowout.

Good to see common sense prevail, but something tells me this won't be the last time we see this.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. Southwest HS is playing Aledo, and it appears there is going to be a ton of press there, and some are even speculating that Southwest might have a chance to beat Aledo. Aledo is averaging 76pts a game this season, while Southwest is averaging 51. Both teams are holding opposing teams to less than 20 in all games. I will be at the game interested to see whats going on with Aledo!

The word around Southwest is that the Aldeo coach doesnt actually play the entire 2nd or 3rd string, but more so that he will put in 2 guys for one play and then 3 for another, while maintaining the majority of the 1st string throughout the game.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. Southwest HS is playing Aledo, and it appears there is going to be a ton of press there, and some are even speculating that Southwest might have a chance to beat Aledo. Aledo is averaging 76pts a game this season, while Southwest is averaging 51. Both teams are holding opposing teams to less than 20 in all games. I will be at the game interested to see whats going on with Aledo!

The word around Southwest is that the Aldeo coach doesnt actually play the entire 2nd or 3rd string, but more so that he will put in 2 guys for one play and then 3 for another, while maintaining the majority of the 1st string throughout the game.

What field are they playing?

Sounds like he doesn't need to play any 2nd or 3rd stringers for this game, that is unless some parent gets upset that Aledo gets up by double digits and wonders why they aren't getting the same treatment as Western Hills got. :alien:

I have seen Aledo play for several years and they are just that good. Before the district started they played two high caliber teams and one from Mexico and just smoked all of them. They have also scored 84, 77, 84 and now 91 in their district games. And it will not surprise me to see them put up 60 plus in their next game. It's not Aledo's fault for being put in a district that is just horrible. The problem is the UIL, who put them in this district, was trying to help in the cost of transportation. Aledo had to travel hours to play their games before this current alignment. It will be interesting to see what the UIL will do this coming year with realignment. Aledo is the number 1 ranked team in Class 4a and if they played in class 5a they would still be ranked as one of the top teams in Texas.

here's a thought from a logistics standpoint of playing the kids. when I was in school we were allowed so many quarters to play for the year. Whether it not it be JV or varsity. I had to sit out the final Game of the Year on JV because I had played too many quarters across both teams my junior year because we had too many games that we either got blown out or we destroyed somebody. I'm guessing by the way the team has put numbers up in the past that that Coach probably have to worry about some of that issue also so he can't just play all the third string freshman

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I have seen Aledo play for several years and they are just that good. Before the district started they played two high caliber teams and one from Mexico and just smoked all of them. They have also scored 84, 77, 84 and now 91 in their district games. And it will not surprise me to see them put up 60 plus in their next game. It's not Aledo's fault for being put in a district that is just horrible. The problem is the UIL, who put them in this district, was trying to help in the cost of transportation. Aledo had to travel hours to play their games before this current alignment. It will be interesting to see what the UIL will do this coming year with realignment. Aledo is the number 1 ranked team in Class 4a and if they played in class 5a they would still be ranked as one of the top teams in Texas.

This is spot on to me. They have win state titles like 3 of the last 4 years, they have a very solid program out there. I would love to see them stack against teams like Southlake and Trinity to see where they stand.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I believe its at Farrington. Its Southwest homecoming

HA. Who the freak schedules their games. Homecoming games are supposed to be cupcake teams!

This is spot on to me. They have win state titles like 3 of the last 4 years, they have a very solid program out there. I would love to see them stack against teams like Southlake and Trinity to see where they stand.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I have thought about that one. I bet Carroll (I have nephews there) and Trinity wouldn't agree to it. It's lose/lose for them. If they win, they were supposed to. If they lose, it was to a 4A team.

FWIW, if you haven't been to TX H.S. playoff games, they are must see. Watching Allen, Carroll, Westlake, Trinity, etc, play each other in Cowboys (AT&T) Stadium is a great experience..40K or so fans. Tickets and parking are based on high school pricing. Jerry only makes money on the concessions.

I have thought about that one. I bet Carroll (I have nephews there) and Trinity wouldn't agree to it. It's lose/lose for them. If they win, they were supposed to. If they lose, it was to a 4A team.

FWIW, if you haven't been to TX H.S. playoff games, they are must see. Watching Allen, Carroll, Westlake, Trinity, etc, play each other in Cowboys (AT&T) Stadium is a great experience..40K or so fans. Tickets and parking are based on high school pricing. Jerry only makes money on the concessions.

I dont see those teams agreeing either but it would be better competition. I love the HS playoffs, its the only times I have been to Jerry World because I refuse to pay his prices.

Have you been to a Carroll game this year? If not go, their QB is one of the best I have ever seen and he is a Junior.

Watched my hometown Georgetown play for the state title last year against Denton Guyer. Great game.

Have you been to a Carroll game this year? If not go, their QB is one of the best I have ever seen and he is a Junior.

Not yet. Went to one game last year. I'll call my bro and see about getting to one.

I read today that the Carroll K actually may have the National consecutive PAT record (135 or so) that the current Aledo K just broke. No one as S'Lake was paying attention to that record. Come to find out Carroll's K had about 175 consecutive until a miss earlier this year.

It's not like they followed them into the parking lot and kept beating them. The losing team could have quit at any time.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Texas HS coach cleared of bullying;
youth football league discontinues participation trophies

KELLER, Tex. – Many FOX 4 viewers cried foul after a high school football coach in Texas was accused, with his staff, of bullying by a parent of an opposing player whose team lost 91-0. The result of a probe conducted by the Aledo School District found no grounds for the bullying complaint and Aledo’s head coach, Tim Buchanan, faces no discipline according to KDFW.
That story led many of our viewers to lament a perceived sad state of youth and high school sports where it seems that athletes are rewarded just for showing up, as opposed to being rewarded for success. Those people may take an interest into a decision made by a neighboring youth athletic association.

This week the Keller Youth Association’s football division made an announcement on its Facebook page that it will no longer award trophies or medals for participation. The message was simple: Its board feels that rewarding participation doesn’t send the right message to children and they believe trophies should be earned.

The league will continue to award trophies for teams that win their respective ‘Super Bowls.’ While backlash was expected, the response has mostly been positive, both on the Facebook page and on the practice field.

One parent told an inquiring TV station, “We’ve got 10 or 12 trophies and they don’t mean anything to them right now, championship trophy from last year means something.”

http://fox4kc.com/2013/10/24/texas-...l-league-discontinues-participation-trophies/

Sanity restored!!

Good call.

A lesson learned hard is a lesson learned well. How many people owe their success to bullies, if even out of spite?

Back