Equipment regrets?

I have to disagree. It's what ever works best for you. I play blades and carry a 19.1 HDCP. GI irons just don't work for me as I always take WAY to big of a divot with them and almost every shot ends up being fat.

That being said, right now I really regret my 62° wedge. Never should have bought it as it has cost me more strokes than it was supposed to save.
I agree. Part of my regret was not getting blades, not actually Taylormade or the clubs. I just bought a 4 iron blade and hit it very very well and love the feel of it versus my GI irons. It's just such a better feel to me. When selecting the 4 iron (Callaway X Hot Pro versus GI) i was hitting the blade much farther and straighter. It just feels more natural to me..

Needed a 3W replacement & had some pro shop credit, so I had them order me a 15.5* M1 Mashie without ever laying hands on one.

Big mistake. It was hook city from the 1st swing.

It would be a great club for someone who fights the rights, but it sits in my closet collecting dust.

I have to disagree. It's what ever works best for you. I play blades and carry a 19.1 HDCP. GI irons just don't work for me as I always take WAY to big of a divot with them and almost every shot ends up being fat.

That being said, right now I really regret my 62° wedge. Never should have bought it as it has cost me more strokes than it was supposed to save.

I agree that it is whatever works for you, cause I'm a 14 and play players muscle cavities. However the bolded makes absolutely no sense to me. Fat misses are going to tend to be worse with players irons because the thinner sole will dig into the turf easier, whereas GI irons will tend to have a wider sole in order to dig less and therefore alleviate the fat shots. I'm not saying you are wrong, but this just isn't computing, maybe I need some further explanation.

Most recent regret is my TM Stage 2 - 18.5° hybrid. 1st hybrid I've really struggled with. Should have just stayed with my steel shaft Burners.

Prior to this, I ended up regretting most every fairway wood I carried - until I finally gave up on 'em and became a hybrid guy.

I should have figured out a good wedge setup a LONG time ago. I just did cover all my gaps and upgrade equipment and it's made a big difference for me.

Bought a new old stock TM Burner SF 2.0 driver at a firesale price, without ever swinging it. 4 months later, realized that it really wasn't for me, and there was nothing I was going to do to change that.

I picked up a TM Stage 2 hybrid this summer that I regretted. I could never hit that club. The shaft was the big issue for me and I just had to get rid of it. I will be looking for something else this winter.

Same with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Too many to count... What can I say, I just get excited to get new clubs every now and then...
I now have a stash of old clubs in my office (if my fiancée saw it, she would kill me), which I dispatch through ebay/golfbidder every now and then.

The last one was a Mizuno 3 HiFli hybrid with a shaft that is ridicously stiff. I was very dissapointed, so I had to get myself an i20 to forget about it... :bananadance:

I regret playing Nickent 3DX rc irons for as long as I did, and not grabbing my Burner 2.0's sooner. I regret buying two Mashie M3 hybrids (one regular and one +), as I flip flop back and forth seeing if one is better for me than the other.

I regret not having Titleist driver or woods in my bag until this year.... LOVE that driver !

This Optiforce and me don't get along well at all. See you soon on the BST.

My SeeMore. It's not the best fit for me.

This Optiforce and me don't get along well at all. See you soon on the BST.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? I played it for two rounds and wish I had it in my bag. I'll take it off your hands if you don't get along with it.

I regret that I let my wife hit my Adams a12OS hybrids. I will never get them back.

I spent a lot of time getting my bag right this season and at this point, I like where everything is very much. It's not a regret, but the final piece is getting fit for a putter.

My only regret this year is my X Hot Driver. The rest of the X Hot line has treated me real nicely, but that driver and I just don't get along. Just put the third different shaft in there for one last try, but unless success comes quickly, I'm pulling the plug.

I kinda regret the Odyssey #7, but if not for buying it and then not being able to hit it worth a darn, I would never have looked for a replacement. I'd be hitting the same mediocre putter I had before and not knowing there was a much better putter out there.

So it's kinda like that ex-girlfriend where you kinda regret dating her in that she set half your clothes on fire and stabbed you with a grapefruit spoon, but you're also glad that that relationship changed what you're really looking for in a girl.

My biggest regret is that I have never been fitted for clubs. I am currently playing TaylorMade R11 irons that I purchased from a friend. This is the first decent set of clubs that I have ever owned. I like them but they are all I know so far. I've heard good things about Calloway as well.

I'm hopefully going to get myself fitted in the next year or so. I'm sure I will be on here asking lots of questions.

Seems like every driver I've ever owned

I regret that I sold my Wilson Staff Di11 4 iron. I still miss how easy that club was to hit.

XHP 3w. Wish I would have gone 4w instead!

I also regret cutting down my FGP... too darn short now.

I'm starting to regret not going with X-stiff in my hybrid and woods.

Back