Equipment regrets?

This is an interesting thread and I thought there'd be a lot more responses. We always here about how great the new clubs are but then that person can't wait to hit something new in 3 months. We never hear anything after the honeymoon is over. I know some have to have the latest and greatest but I'd think the majority just don't mention regrets shortly after purchasing.

Let's see:

- bought an old odyssey #9...hated it
- owned some Mizuno MP 4 (?) blades for 18 miserable holes
- 64 degree wedge...lol @ me
- owned a driving iron about 10 years ago
- x-hot driver aka hook machine
- R11 hybrid

I am sure there are more I am forgetting.

I've been debating if I should go back to my AP2's or stay with my JPX 825 pros that I won

I regret not updating my sticks sooner.

Rocketbladez irons... thank goodness I got a super deal on them so I didn't take a huge bath on them but they were a was of time.
gb

Every three wood I have ever bought...

Same, keep going back to my 4W. And also cutting the length off my old irons, been so used to choking down, couldn't deal with gripping at the end of the club.

I agree that it is whatever works for you, cause I'm a 14 and play players muscle cavities. However the bolded makes absolutely no sense to me. Fat misses are going to tend to be worse with players irons because the thinner sole will dig into the turf easier, whereas GI irons will tend to have a wider sole in order to dig less and therefore alleviate the fat shots. I'm not saying you are wrong, but this just isn't computing, maybe I need some further explanation.

Sorry. I should have noted that my clubs have added bounce in them to resist digging. They were custom ground from Callaway when I got them.

Sorry. I should have noted that my clubs have added bounce in them to resist digging. They were custom ground from Callaway when I got them.

Ahhh NOW that makes sense! I knew I was probably missing some crucial bit of info haha, thanks for the update man.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I regret going with callaway because their irons were cheaper, slowly changing everything in the bag to titleist and once the new 714's are out I'm getting rid of everything callaway! Terrible customer service and they just turning into taylormade with something new every month, really turned off by them.

I love my driver - RAZR fit extreme - but my only wish is the head was 460 rathermtham 440. Would have made it perfect.

In my Taylormade catalina 3.0 cart bag:
Callaway RAZR X irons 4-sw
Callaway RAZR X HL 3H 21*
Callaway RAZR Hawk 3W 15*
Callaway RAZR FIT Xtreme 10.5*
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52* wedge
Nike VR pro 60* wedge
Odyssey metal X #9 putter

Drive for show, putt for dough

Sent from my nexus 10 (Tapatalk)

I regret spending lots of money on clubs and range balls trying to fix a swing that needed help from a teaching pro. I thought that lessons would be to expensive and that I could fix it myself. It would have been much cheaper and my swing would have gotten fixed a lot quicker had just consulted a pro. Silly me...

My hybrids. Spent a crap ton on them and theyre really not that great, imo.

I have another one, I never really fooled with iron shafts that much and yesterday I got cozy with the project x flighted 6.0. I put one in my 2 iron right away.

I have another one, I never really fooled with iron shafts that much and yesterday I got cozy with the project x flighted 6.0. I put one in my 2 iron right away.

Regrets not the shaft.....but a 2 iron?!?!

Seriously? You must be really good Trout Bum. Were you born a ball striker or something?

:)

I'd rather look down on that vs looking at half a tennis shoe lol. I'm not as good as I once was with it Cookie, but I'm as good once as I ever was. ;)

I love my driver - RAZR fit extreme - but my only wish is the head was 460 rathermtham 440. Would have made it perfect.

In my Taylormade catalina 3.0 cart bag:
Callaway RAZR X irons 4-sw
Callaway RAZR X HL 3H 21*
Callaway RAZR Hawk 3W 15*
Callaway RAZR FIT Xtreme 10.5*
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52* wedge
Nike VR pro 60* wedge
Odyssey metal X #9 putter

Drive for show, putt for dough

Sent from my nexus 10 (Tapatalk)
You know that your WITB s in your forum sig right? You don't really need to post it twice!

Lol Smalls!

I regret going with callaway because their irons were cheaper, slowly changing everything in the bag to titleist and once the new 714's are out I'm getting rid of everything callaway! Terrible customer service and they just turning into taylormade with something new every month, really turned off by them.

I'm surprised by this. I've had nothing but great service every time I've called or emailed. Heck, the irons I'm playing weren't available to lefties from what I was told, and I got a set just by making a few call and asking for them. I did have to pay for them mind you.

I am sorry you had bad CS, but I have been thrilled with their service. Also, since when is multiple releases such a bad thing? More clubs coming out give us more options to find what fit us best

Add this for me: thinking that I can't handle a more "demanding" iron. I'm mental, and while I love forgiveness I also love something that forces me to have more focus over the ball. Like I said, mental and all in my head, but it's the way I am.

Add this for me: thinking that I can't handle a more "demanding" iron. I'm mental, and while I love forgiveness I also love something that forces me to have more focus over the ball. Like I said, mental and all in my head, but it's the way I am.

S55's are right up your alley.

Not allowing you to get lazy over the ball is a good thing IMO.

Equipment regrets?

S55's are right up your alley.

Not allowing you to get lazy over the ball is a good thing IMO.

I know people will argue that thought with the "you should play the most forgiving iron you can", and I completely agree with that. But I think people fail to realize different people have different levels of that. I consider myself a pretty solid ball striker, I can compress a golf ball with irons really well, but for me it isn't about overall forgiveness because I am so mental. Give me a little toe forgiveness for my miss and give me a profile that makes me focus in at address knowing I'm not going to get away with certain things and I just play better. I adore my altitudes, I adore all kinds of irons, but having come ALL the way back around now and seeing my iron game improve again with the move to the s55's, it tells me there is something there to my thought process.

I'm trying to hit shots now, not just the ball.

You are a great iron striker. Sharing 2 rounds with you that is a fact sir. I know you are going to take your game to new levels this year and I cannot wait to see more great rounds with the S55s

I have regrets in not buying a club .stupid me .

Customer service has got a long long way to go here in new Zealand compared to America, it was such a battle with callaway when my iron headers started flying off! Six month old clubs and it was like pulling teeth to get a replacement set. But each to their own:) but this guy won't be using callaway again.

Back