Titleist R&D balls

I have received these a couple of times in the past, but not sure I am going to receive them this time. I believe that part of the reason for being picked a second time was the fact that I provided feedback the first time around. I will be curious to see if I do receive them again.

Monday and Tuesday we are playing at the El Conquistador courses and Wednesday is at Arizona National...some work ir actually going to get done in there somewhere, I swear. Heading home on Thursday. Thanks for the weather tip, cool in the morning though, correct?

yes, low 50s in the morning. I hear we might have some wind. Az National is the course for the University of Arizona golf team. It just re-opened last week after being shut down since late August. They were not paying their water bills to the City of Tucson and water was turned off. Heard it is in really good shape because they are courting a buyer. Nice views, true desert/target golf, many elevation changes, nice clubhouse/restaurant. Medium to high difficulty. The El Conquistador courses are also solid desert courses with lots of challenging holes. Both have lots of wildlife and cactus. The three will give you a good taste of Tucson golf. One note: you will have a long drive from El Conquistador to Az National. Have fun!

I compared (off course) these to some NXT Tour S balls I had and they're pretty similar.

yes, low 50s in the morning. I hear we might have some wind. Az National is the course for the University of Arizona golf team. It just re-opened last week after being shut down since late August. They were not paying their water bills to the City of Tucson and water was turned off. Heard it is in really good shape because they are courting a buyer. Nice views, true desert/target golf, many elevation changes, nice clubhouse/restaurant. Medium to high difficulty. The El Conquistador courses are also solid desert courses with lots of challenging holes. Both have lots of wildlife and cactus. The three will give you a good taste of Tucson golf. One note: you will have a long drive from El Conquistador to Az National. Have fun!
Thanks for the information, I hope to have a good time. This is my third time in Tucson, but the first time golfing there.

I got my sleeve today. May try em out this weekend.

Got mine today. Not sure I'll get out to play with our weather right now before they send the email survey but I hope to give em a go soon.

I received a sleeve today too... Hope the weather warms up a little so I can give them a go.

I've been a member of Team Titleist for a good while and have never received anything to test. I expect it is just random.

Same here, it would almost have to be random as I imagine there are thousands and thousands of us registered.

edit - after thinking about this some more it dawned on me that I did test some NXT-S golf balls for Titleist a year or two ago.

I actually got a sleeve today. Font seems to be similar to NXT as others have said. Seems to be similar to Surlyn on the cover maybe? I'll give them a try tomorrow for a few holes and see what's up.

It's funny that i posted earlier in this thread and then they show up. I actually thought them might be my Challenge Coins. Mine still haven't arrived and I'm starting to get worried.

JM

Got a sleeve today felt very soft Black 1 seen some pics of others with Red 1. Cut it open and appears to be either a NXT Tour S or SOLO.

I just got a sleeve as well. I was like wth.

Add me to the list of those that received the Titleist R&D balls. Hope to try them out this weekend.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

I received a sleeve of these also. Will give them a go this weekend.

Got home from NV this week, 3 test balls waiting in the mail box.
Hopefully I can get out this weekend.

Like everyone else it seems...I got a test sleeve as well. Red numbers...feels like a Surlyn cover. I just signed up 3 days ago so kudos to Titleist.

Black numbers. Hit two of them as well as two each E5, E7, QStar and DT Solo. Three cycles, with Cobra Amp Cell and Nike VR_S drivers. Considering the most solid hits in the fairway, the proto Titleists were among the longest all three cycles. Pretty close distance with DT Solo, E5 and E7. Maybe 5 yard difference. QStars were shortest in this very unscientific test. The new proto Titleists felt solid off both drivers. Will try them on the course tomorrow to see how they do around the green.

Received a sleeve today. Red numbers. Like others have said, my first impression was something in the NXT family. I have never posted on the Titleist forum so that must not be a determining factor. I received a sleeve of Pro V test balls last year also.

Just rolled about 20 putts with these. They feel a lot like the e5 from Bridgestone. Mine are the black numbers. I wonder if this is going to be their Urethane answer to Bridgestone. Will report back with course performance tomorrow. I was fortunate enough to do some e5 testing earlier in the year, so I this will be interesting.

JM

I got a sleeve today. Black number 1's with TEST on the arrow side. They feel really light in my hand. Anyone else notice that?

I got a sleeve today. Black number 1's with TEST on the arrow side. They feel really light in my hand. Anyone else notice that?

Are you an active member on Team Titleist?

eny8yguh.jpg
came in the mail yesterday.

Initially this ball looks and feels like the Velocity. Could be a replacement ball. Could also be an attempt at a new and improved DT Solo

Received a sleeve today. Red numbers. Like others have said, my first impression was something in the NXT family. I have never posted on the Titleist forum so that must not be a determining factor. I received a sleeve of Pro V test balls last year also.

Last year I received the NXT tour s and tour yellow balls to test too. And I have never posted on the forums there either. Seems like it's just a purely random thing

Or...... Maybe they are working with the NSA and are cross-referencing THP user names and shipping addresses with the shipping addresses they have in the Team Titleist database because they KNOW THP members bring it with reliable information and want as many THP members thoughts as possible?

It could have happened like that!....... :act-up:

JM

Mine came today. All black lettering, including the numbers. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play these before the season shuts down completely.

eny8yguh.jpg
came in the mail yesterday.

Initially this ball looks and feels like the Velocity. Could be a replacement ball. Could also be an attempt at a new and improved DT Solo

I got the black numbers, but your comment about the DT Solo is interesting. I hit both the proto and a DT Solo on two holes today to compare. Both were within 3 yards of each other. Not sure about spin yet, but it feels softer than the Velocity.

Back