Buckeyeduffer

Reaction score
Handicap
Work
Getting ready to head out for one of if not the last round for the season here. I'll spend the next several weeks in a tree stand before looking towards range work. When does your season end if you don't live south?

Ours only ends when the accumulated snow hits....Otherwise, it's game on. :)

This is the first season i'm playing, but it's like 68 degrees in New Orleans... So I'd imagine there's still a month or two left.

Ends outside when the snow flys. Then I play on the Sim all winter.

Ours only ends when the accumulated snow hits....Otherwise, it's game on. :)

Same. We sometimes can play year round, if you don't mind bundling up like the Randy from Christmas Story. :D

Golfed on Friday it was +18 Celsius..so was yesterday. I wake up today to this...

462aa630baf56db18c92004cb2c121eb.jpg

and it is supposed to be -17 with the windchill overnight!!!

Well ill time to start the countdown to April!!!

We had two great weeks to start October and now two colder than average weeks to end, the forecast doesn't look too promising either. I will play to about 45° and light wind but after that it isn't much fun.

I think mine might have already ended for the year. There are still days where I could golf, but with golfers trying to fit into shorter days, it makes for some busy courses. I've got a putting mat in my basement that's going to be getting my attention until next spring.

Thinking next weekend might be my last round of the year. Not just because of the weather but because baby #2 arrives 11/22.
Maybe sneak a couple more in on weekdays before then if I'm lucky.

No end over here we get to golf all year round. Its great.

Getting ready to head out for one of if not the last round for the season here. I'll spend the next several weeks in a tree stand before looking towards range work. When does your season end if you don't live south?

I played today for the first time in a couple of weeks because of work. My course closes a week from Tuesday, so unless the weather gets bad, I hope to play next weekend and that will be about all for me. Next it is time to get the ice fishing gear in order.

This past month has been the best month of the year. Mostly in the mid to high 70's with lots of sun. However we start with November shortly and the next four months while playable are cold and rainy plus windy on most days. So it is probably a couple times a week at best and then only 9 holes after 1PM. At least we can still get out and play though. I know a lot of you are going to be snow bound for most of the winter so my sympathies go out to all of you. Spring will come soon enough, plus being from upstate NY I know how good you will feel when late March early April approaches. The agony and the extacy.

In a way, our season ends in a few weeks with the MGA 18 hole closer. The course doesn't close but there are no more events until late next spring. So November 16 is the last day of this season and November 17 is the first day of next season.

So far the weather has held out for the most part. Most of the courses are still open, but it is only a matter of days before we probably get our first snow fall. I'm hoping to get one more day of playing in next week or weekend, and it will be simulator golf for the rest of the year.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Ive only spent 1 winter here in Ohio but from what I can tell, it ends around Thanksgiving. It seems like most people around here have given up though. I played 9 yesterday around noon and pretty much had the course to myself. It was the same last week when I was out during the day. The course was even running a, "buy 9 and get the 2nd 9 free" and the course was still a ghost town.

This is the one thing that will probably keep me from ever moving north. I couldn't stand the thought of no golf for months. You guys are tough as nails!

played today. An 8:10 morn tee time and it was 45* but sunny and on the back nine we checked it was 49*. It also became pretty darn windy as the day went on but I have to say we were not cold. The sun makes all the difference.

Anyway it technically goes all year as long as no frost or snow. But lets face it, who wants 34 degrees and windy. Eventually most just hang it up for the year at some point for 3 to 4 months at least and those less willing will hang it up for 5 plus months. As far as closing the muni's they also at some point just call it quits based on judgment call.

I asked the clerks at Bethpage, the Yellow and front nine of the blue are open all winter pending weather. Black will close in a couple weeks and the red will close in about a month.

Most will close up shop after the first hard freeze or big snow. We have courses that will open if the snow melts though. One just has an honor system box and I've played there every winter month at least once. It's not really golf, but it's a way to hit balls on grass. I'll play down to the high 20's if the sun's out and it's not windy.

This is the one thing that will probably keep me from ever moving north. I couldn't stand the thought of no golf for months. You guys are tough as nails!

Yeah, it sucks. There's days Id love to pack up and move to south. My fiancé and I both have awesome jobs here in Ohio though, so it would take a pretty serious job offer for us to move.
Maybe someday Honda will offer me a management level job at their plant in Alabama. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from Florida...played my last round on Friday, hopefully not, but it looks like the season is more or less over here in Finland.

Getting close here. I'm sitting at 882 holes, and want to get to 1,000. 18 today and 54 at the Gauntlet, so hopefully I can find three more rounds before it snows (or drops consistently into the 30s).

We play year round - if no snow, and temps in the 40's with little or no wind, my buddies and I will play. I know some guys who go out every week, no matter what the temperature, as long as there is no snow on the ground. I've seen them trudging around the course in 20 degree weather.

The joys of living in the south. For the most part our season doesn't end. I was playing golf last the week of Christmas in almost 40* weather.

Like most of you, once the snow hits, the clubs start to collect dust. With that said, if it gets up over 40*, it's sunny and not to windy...then I'll get them out and get in a quick round if I can. I've played in every month of the year more than once, and even a few times while it's snowing, but not collected on the ground.

Back