EA Ends Relationship with Tiger Woods

EASports stuck with tiger through the hard times, I'm sure there are no hard feelings here.

Personally I hope they go in the "PGA TOUR 2015" route and have a new different player on the front every year like they do with hockey and baseball and football.

TTing

For me it sucks because it has gotten pretty stale and seems a good bit behind other sports games. I also think the speed of gameplay needs to be reduced so you can play a round more quickly.

I can't remember if it was TW 2004 or 2005 but that was my favorite version of the game. So much fun.

I really liked TW 11 and I still play that one even though I have 14. In career mode I just can't find a difficulty level that gives an even playing field; on "Pro" I'll blow away the field regardless of my golfers level and on "expert" with all the aids turned off and the wind blowing the AI shoots a -13 through 18 holes and I can't compete. I suppose the solution is "get better" but I've never had this problem in other games. I've tried a number of different combinations but I either win every tournament or can't win at all.
In TW 11 I can compete on the harder difficulty without having to play the game for hundreds of hours to perfect it. I'll win about 3-5 tourneys a season, miss a few cuts...it just seems to work better.

I can't remember if it was TW 2004 or 2005 but that was my favorite version of the game. So much fun.

I much preferred the old days of putting and I hope they get back to it.

I also hope that they add in more free fake courses, especially the classics, and less purchase only courses.

TTing

Personally I hope they go in the "PGA TOUR 2015" route and have a new different player on the front every year like they do with hockey and baseball and football.

TTing

This makes sense to me. I had a copy of PGA Tour 97 for the PS1 way back when.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not surprised to see this. Glad they aren't giving up on golf games completely though. The looks of what is to come does look impressive. It is kind of bummer they're skipping a year though.

As long as they keep making a quality golf game that is realistic, I don't care. I don't dislike Tiger, but I think it's about time they do something. I don't believe Tiger is THAT much better than everyone anymore and justifies his name all over it. I think a lot of guys have raised their game and can win on any given week and it would be cool to see a new face on the cover each year, maybe POY, or Master's champ... IDK. Maybe they're just sick of Tiger rarely playing anymore.

As long as they keep making a quality golf game that is realistic, I don't care. I don't dislike Tiger, but I think it's about time they do something. I don't believe Tiger is THAT much better than everyone anymore and justifies his name all over it. I think a lot of guys have raised their game and can win on any given week and it would be cool to see a new face on the cover each year, maybe POY, or Master's champ... IDK. Maybe they're just sick of Tiger rarely playing anymore.

I dont think he "rarely plays" anymore.

@EricFisherSBJ EA discontinuing relationship w Tiger Woods after 15+ yrs.

This doesnt mean EA is done with their golf series, it just means it won't be named after Tiger Woods

They are actually working on the next-gen golf game right now...

BXsRUXkCQAAS16k.jpg:large

The new one looks three times better, IMHO. Time to stop paying tiger and putting their money into making a good game!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Makes sense. Why pay Tiger for use of his name? Probably they will just call it, "PGA Tour".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it sucks because it has gotten pretty stale and seems a good bit behind other sports games. I also think the speed of gameplay needs to be reduced so you can play a round more quickly.

Such as....?

It was time for a change...did EA sign Spieth?

Not really surprised by this seems like perfect timing. Can't wait to see what doors may open on the creative front

Dan will be happy once you cannot wear mismatched outfits and crocs hehe

You mean I wont be able to be little Tiger hitting sand shots out of the sandbox anymore?

Rockstar should make a combo GTA/Tiger Woods game. Could be epic.

You mean I wont be able to be little Tiger hitting sand shots out of the sandbox anymore?

Rockstar should make a combo GTA/Tiger Woods game. Could be epic.

GTA V has the golf course

I get what they are doing and I'm sure it has something to do with money but as the only golf game why spend that money. It won't change sales much and if it makes the game better I am all for it.

I used to love playing with four buddies back in the early 00's seeing who could go the lowest but I haven't picked one up lately. The new one looks great though.

I'd buy Jason Dufner 2014.

Main menu is shaped like a can of chew.

Back