Official CG/Srixon Yahoo Fantasy Golf League!

GQMike

PGA APPRENTICE
Reaction score
Handicap
+1.7
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know Cleveland Golf and Srixon started an Official Fantasy Golf League at Yahoo. You can join and participate to try and win Z-Star balls and a CG hat from week to week, set of CG15 wedges at the end of each segment, and CG or Srixon Irons of YOUR CHOICE at the end of the year. Pretty cool deal!

Check it out: http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf/register/joinprivategroup Group:1617 Password: clevelandgolf

The official rules and more info: http://www.facebook.com/notes/cleveland-golf/official-rules-of-the-cleveland-golfsrixon-yahoo-fantasy-league/257123710336

cgfantasygolf.jpg

I'd like to join but I know absolutely nothing about a fantasy league or how any of that stuff works...

We hope some THP'rs win this. Could be a bunch of fun.

I'd like to join but I know absolutely nothing about a fantasy league or how any of that stuff works...

Not too hard really! You just pick a foursome of PGA Tour players each week who you think will do the best at that current tournament. 2 A players (Starter/Bench), 4 B Players (2 starters/2 bench, 2 C players (Starter/Bench) from week to week and how well they do in the tournaments gives you points. Basically you're trying to pick the top 4 each week! You should join, it's fun. Interesting way to watch the tournaments and keep track of tour players all year long too.

Last edited:
Woo!

Good way to get people to try out fantasy golf!

Not too hard really! You just pick a foursome of PGA Tour players each week who you think will do the best at that current tournament. 2 A players (Starter/Bench), 4 B Players (2 starters/2 bench, 1 C player (Starter/Bench) from week to week and how well they do in the tournaments gives you points. Basically you're trying to pick the top 4 each week! You should join, it's fun. Interesting way to watch the tournaments and keep track of tour players all year long too.

I have never played fantasy golf but have played fantasy sports for over 20 years. Does your roster completely change week to week or is it like a head to head lieague in lets say basketball where you have a team that remains all season and you can change the line-up each week and also pick people off waivers to make changes.

Im getting a message that said it was filled up already.

I guess I got lucky and jumped in early. I don't follow the players as well as I could to do my selections, but hopefully luck will be on my side.

Cool, im in.

I have never played fantasy golf but have played fantasy sports for over 20 years. Does your roster completely change week to week or is it like a head to head lieague in lets say basketball where you have a team that remains all season and you can change the line-up each week and also pick people off waivers to make changes.

You change your roster every week. You have to pick a different starting foursome and bench players from week to week. You pick 8 golfers every week. The trick is you only get a maximum of 10 starts for each player. You couldn't just start Tiger Woods every tournament he's in. So there's a little strategy in who you pick.

If you change your roster every week, what do your bench players do for you?

If you change your roster every week, what do your bench players do for you?

I believe the way it works, is that you select your 8 golfers, 4 active and 4 bench, for that week's tournament. Once the tournament begins, you can't add new golfers to your roster, but you can move golfers from your bench to the active foursome. So if after the first round one of your active guys is playing terrible, you can replace them with your bench golfer.

I wonder if these include women as well, or just men players?

Sounds like fun. I'm in! Thanks Cleveland Golf.

Looks like it is only the PGA Tour.

No biggie...I've signed up, now I just need to figure out how it works and what I need to do :rofl:

and Bama is in...
I have never played a Fantasy League in anything from start to finish...
This looks like fun..

Thx GQ....

OK I am in too.. this should be interesting. I am going with the luck thing like others have posted.

Alright, I'm in!

I've played the Yahoo golf for three years now, and it has become my favorite fantasy sport. My goal this upcoming year is to actually remember to update my team every week.

Back