NHL 2013-2014 Season

Not sure what the other option was for Holtby at that point? Skating off the ice was not an option IMO

Had he not engaged, or turtled (yeah embarrassing, but so is letting someone ragdoll you), I'd be all over Emery.

If Emory needs to do that (see above) to make up for his piss pour play then what can ya do. He was on is last option, cant wait for the next Caps Flyers game.....

i don't think you have a clue whats been going on with the flyers this year and how this city is passionate about hockey... i think emery was more sending a message he isn't gonna take it laying down.... the team hasn't had any heart... i think he was trying to get something going.... And i don't think he played poorly he was thrown into a game after not playing for over 2 weeks with a team who already gave up. why i didn't blame Bryz for everything that happened last year.

I think Sugar Ray is back on the booger sugar,lol

It could be a lot of things, Hince could've had a bad night, his defense could've hung him out to dry, the whole team could've had a bad night or it could've been a mix of all the above. I'd really like for the IceBears to be in town next time I'm on vacation in Gatlinburg, I love seeing different teams and leagues when ever I get the chance. Maybe we could even get together for a round of golf, you could save me a day from the misery of shopping,lol

hit me up when you are in the area. hoping some THPers make it my way at some point.

i don't think you have a clue whats been going on with the flyers this year and how this city is passionate about hockey... i think emery was more sending a message he isn't gonna take it laying down.... the team hasn't had any heart... i think he was trying to get something going.... And i don't think he played poorly he was thrown into a game after not playing for over 2 weeks with a team who already gave up. why i didn't blame Bryz for everything that happened last year.

Buck, I went to college in Philly and played hockey there so believe me I understand how much they love hockey and I absolutely love that about the city. I get sending a message but the goalie? I have a slight issue with that, the game is out of hand why try to engage Holtby at that point. I get it my own person bias comes in but

Buck, I went to college in Philly and played hockey there so believe me I understand how much they love hockey and I absolutely love that about the city. I get sending a message but the goalie? I have a slight issue with that, the game is out of hand why try to engage Holtby at that point. I get it my own person bias comes in but

Sure why not they are playing tomorrow. If they don't get something to change soon might as well start looking at who they can draft. I just don't think it's a big deal he was penalized for everything they could penalize him for. Someone needs to light a fire I know for a fact emery is one of those passionate guys. Got to meet him one on one for about an hour. He's actually a great guy. But he loves to fight I mean he prob leads active goalies in fighting majors. I can understand you're worried about holtby and injuries but I still think fighting has it's place even if I don't think it's as much as it was before and I also think the flyers suck more than they should because homer thinks signing Shelly rosehill and other useless goons for millions of dollars is a good investment still even though the league changes years ago and he still hasn't figured that out. Our team is more than half grit players with little skill IMO. I wish they would just rebuild in the draft but snider won't allow them to lose we have to win now and he'll do and pay anything that he thinks will do that.

I see Emery got the 3rd star for the game,lol

Sure why not they are playing tomorrow. If they don't get something to change soon might as well start looking at who they can draft. I just don't think it's a big deal he was penalized for everything they could penalize him for. Someone needs to light a fire I know for a fact emery is one of those passionate guys. Got to meet him one on one for about an hour. He's actually a great guy. But he loves to fight I mean he prob leads active goalies in fighting majors. I can understand you're worried about holtby and injuries but I still think fighting has it's place even if I don't think it's as much as it was before and I also think the flyers suck more than they should because homer thinks signing Shelly rosehill and other useless goons for millions of dollars is a good investment still even though the league changes years ago and he still hasn't figured that out. Our team is more than half grit players with little skill IMO. I wish they would just rebuild in the draft but snider won't allow them to lose we have to win now and he'll do and pay anything that he thinks will do that.

I agree about the fighting issue, no matter the outside pressure it still has a place in the game. I just hope that those outside forces dont force the hand of decision makers in the NHL to change.

Well said about the goons, they HAVE to be able to skate and contribute now. That part of the game has drastically changed and will never go back to the good old days. Slapshot! hahaha greatest hockey movie of all time.

Tonight is exactly why the Flyers are joke. The emery fight was a joke. Holtby wanted no part of it. I understand the Flyers have not been good this year and someone needed to light a fire on the team, but the goalie. I guess all and all there are bunch of wusses on the team that can't stand up for themselves. The NHL should suspend Emery, Berube and fine the team to get this BS out of the game

Tonight is exactly why the Flyers are joke. The emery fight was a joke. Holtby wanted no part of it. I understand the Flyers have not been good this year and someone needed to light a fire on the team, but the goalie. I guess all and all there are bunch of wusses on the team that can't stand up for themselves. The NHL should suspend Emery, Berube and fine the team to get this BS out of the game

Will never happen. How are the team a bunch of wusses there isn't a player on the roster that won't fight right now, everyone on the ice was in a fight. I can see why people are upset about the goalie fight but it's just a fight no different than anyone else fighting they actually have much more protection. Just upset because holtby got beat up and was targeted and he didn't wanna fight. And you're wrong the flyers are the best team ever!

Will never happen. How are the team a bunch of wusses there isn't a player on the roster that won't fight right now, everyone on the ice was in a fight. I can see why people are upset about the goalie fight but it's just a fight no different than anyone else fighting they actually have much more protection. Just upset because holtby got beat up and was targeted and he didn't wanna fight. And you're wrong the flyers are the best team ever!

If it wasn't THP I would think you were trolling with that kind of post....

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

The Flyers need to win at something. Goalie fights it is.

The only reason I can see a suspension is Emery getting something for leaving the crease, which will probably just be a game (instigating basically). Other than that Philly may be fined as a team, which is nothing, lets be honest.

In the end, it was cool to watch.

Only in Philly, they love Rocky there! haha

I bet that's what Downie was yelling after Volpatti put his fist through his eye socket, Cut me Mick! Lol Even the Flyers lost in trying to goon it up by losing Downie for however long he's out and from what I read Lecavlier got his face rearranged by Olesky and is gonna miss some time, he had no business trying to fight Steven and he paid for it. Looking forward to our next game against Philly, if for nothing else, a easy win.

Last edited:
Lecavalier out a few weeks after getting injured in a fight last night.

I'm glad to see the Flyers instigating paid off for them. Downie still in hospital.

When that fight happened what was the score? Seriously asking.

They were showing the Urbom/Schenn fight and never really see much of the Olesky/Lecavlier fight but if you watch the top right corner of the screen you can see Steven land two big,clean punches and Lecavlier drop to one knee quicker than a fat guy dating a hot girl trying to marry up,hahaha

When that fight happened what was the score? Seriously asking.

The Downie fight happened when it was either 3 or 4-0. The brawl happened right after the face off after the goal to make it 7-0.

Pretty sure it was just shortly after Ward got his hatty to make it 7-0.

That's what I figured. So the Flyer fans were on their feet going crazy while their team was down 7-0. It's just a reputation they say....

That's what I figured. So the Flyer fans were on their feet going crazy while their team was down 7-0. It's just a reputation they say....

Oh, I got stuck with the Flyer feed on NHL Network bc the Caps feed was blacked out on Center Ice, I thought the Flyers announcers were fapping to the brawl. And if you watch the fight, Holtby doesn't lunge at Emery, Booger Sugar Ray grabbed him by the collar.

Back