2013/2014 Tour Pro Equipment Changes

He played the Pro V1x at the Presidents Cup. Then switched to the Lethal this week.
There is a lot that goes into this one that I am not at liberty to speak about, but its been known for a while that Ernie might have a few changes after this year.

Very interesting. I always wonder what precipitates a change. Money ? Boredom ? Performance? Options?

I think most people assume its always the player also.

Spectacular point. Companies go in new directions as well.

I would think companies will be pitching hard to DeLaet too, depending on his current contracts.
Him and Spieth have to be two(2) of the highest profile young guns on Tour.

Spieth won't leave Titleist. They will lock him down. As for DeLaet, it would interesting to see him move. I would personally like it.

It is always interesting to hear who is playing what. Branding is an amazing thing.
Phil might be thinking about jumping to a new company, but one still has to wonder, what company is capable of spending the money and research the development of building a 6.5 degree or 7 degree driver head for him to play?
Collecting a pay check is one thing.
You can sew a Armani label into any suit, does that make it an Armani?

Spieth won't leave Titleist. They will lock him down. As for DeLaet, it would interesting to see him move. I would personally like it.

Just like Rory? Haha - joking. I bet Jordan learned from that.

It is always interesting to hear who is playing what. Branding is an amazing thing.
Phil might be thinking about jumping to a new company, but one still has to wonder, what company is capable of spending the money and research the development of building a 6.5 degree or 7 degree driver head for him to play?
Collecting a pay check is one thing.
You can sew a Armani label into any suit, does that make it an Armani?

I would be shocked if Phil and Callaway parted ways

Im still waiting for Cobra to expand some. They have the least players on tour I think. They should add someone on the Champions tour to try and appeal to an older market to.

I read it may be a fact of Ernie wanting too much $$&&

Im still waiting for Cobra to expand some. They have the least players on tour I think. They should add someone on the Champions tour to try and appeal to an older market to.

Plus they just made a big front office signing- stolen from TaylorMade.

Keep an eye on Keegan. Cleveland/Srixon up at end of year. He is currently wearing Nike Jordan Golf Shoes.....

Keep an eye on Keegan. Cleveland/Srixon up at end of year. He is currently wearing Nike Jordan Golf Shoes.....

Nike has the money and Keegan would fit right in with the young athlete type Nike is heading toward.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

He's an interesting bird... Doesn't he game the CG7 tour irons? I saw a black matte finish head in his bag this past week. Wonder what that was.

While I cant comment on the contract right now, I can say Keegan never had a shoe deal with Cleveland/Srixon (obviously). He has been wearing Nike shoes off and on for over a year I believe.

He's an interesting bird... Doesn't he game the CG7 tour irons? I saw a black matte finish head in his bag this past week. Wonder what that was.

Doesn't seem to play much of the new stuff, other than the driver. IIRC he was testing the new Cleveland TC irons, but I haven't seen much of those or much on them lately. I want to say he was gaming CG1's the last time I seen a WITB from him.

Doesn't seem to play much of the new stuff, other than the driver. IIRC he was testing the new Cleveland TC irons, but I haven't seen much of those or much on them lately. I want to say he was gaming CG1's the last time I seen a WITB from him.

Pretty confident the CG7 tours were in his bag this past weekend, but yeah, I did see that he attempted to game the TCs earlier in the year. Isn't he still rocking the OG classic?

Last tournament he had CG7 Tours and MTs in his bag as far as irons go. He has gone back and forth between the CG7 Tours, the TC prototype irons and 588 CB irons throughout this year.

I know Gmac was rocking an OG Classic in China. Interesting that KB moves around that much with his irons. Maybe its just me but does it seem like more of the younger players tinker a little more than some of the older guard, Phil excluded? Is this more just willing to try different things or more of the grew up during the rise of the launch monitor era and are willing try new things?

Most players are contracted from Jan 1 - Dec 31 of that given contracted year. I think that you will see more signings from Nike coming at the beginning of 2014. I am not confident in my projections but there has been some buzz around Nike and the name was thrown out to me in March about him being courted by the brass. Again, Pure speculation. Maybe just a dream!!!

Didn't Keegan just re-up with Hilfiger? If so, I think Nike may not be in the cards.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Ping sign a few

Just a heads up on this.
Confirmed just now that Keegan's contract is not up at the end of the year.
Starting wearing Nike shoes when (like adidas) they started offering sponsorship dollars last year.

Back