The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Break is coming to Jacksonville area

I'm just getting into that and really enjoy it too. Almost considering doing a car or two a month on the side but I just don't have the time. Amazing what a little sweat and time can do to a vehicle.

I take it pretty seriously.
Complete wash
Clay Bar
Then Polish
Then Sealant applied with Rotary
Then Carnuba

It takes hours, but I truly love doing it.

I take it pretty seriously.
Complete wash
Clay Bar
Then Polish
Then Sealant applied with Rotary
Then Carnuba

It takes hours, but I truly love doing it.

Yeah man, I have been digging pretty deep into it lately, and it's endless (just like everything else ha). What was your preferred company for products?

Steam interior carpeting as well? :D

Yeah man, I have been digging pretty deep into it lately, and it's endless (just like everything else ha). What was your preferred company for products?

Steam interior carpeting as well? :D

There are guys that use a certain brand across the board, but I have one brand in particular I like for each process. I realized after I typed the last one, that I changed my order and products recently.

Complete wash - I use Wolfgang Auto Bath
Clay Bar - Any I can grab.
Then AIO (All In One) applied with Rotary - Klasse AIO
Then Sealant - Menzerna FMJ

If we are going to get a large amount of rain over a few days, I will top with Carnuba, otherwise, I just do a rinse and new layer of FMJ every 2 weeks for 2 months. Then I start over again.

There are guys that use a certain brand across the board, but I have one brand in particular I like for each process. I realized after I typed the last one, that I changed my order and products recently.

Complete wash - I use Wolfgang Auto Bath
Clay Bar - Any I can grab.
Then AIO (All In One) applied with Rotary - Klasse AIO
Then Sealant - Menzerna FMJ

If we are going to get a large amount of rain over a few days, I will top with Carnuba, otherwise, I just do a rinse and new layer of FMJ every 2 weeks for 2 months. Then I start over again.

Thanks for the info, I will probably start out with one brand, just to get comfortable with the process and tweak it from there.

Just real quick and I won't bother you anymore, but have you ever heard of Chemical Guys products and any experience with them?

Thanks for the info, I will probably start out with one brand, just to get comfortable with the process and tweak it from there.

Just real quick and I won't bother you anymore, but have you ever heard of Chemical Guys products and any experience with them?

Sure. THey also rebrand their products for a lot of other companies. Not bad stuff either, but for the money there are so many others out there that offer more and are less expensive. However if you are going to put in the work, save the money on products at the beginning until you get your process down. Go with simple meguires. #21 will work rather well and it will save you a bundle.

Learn to clay bar. Its a must to get the pro look. It takes 15 minutes to do a car and will make all the difference in the world.
Spend the money on a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher. Do not go rotary, go with DAP. No paint stripping issues.

Once you get the technique down, things go faster and you will learn what products you like and dont like. FWIW, this is what I did in college to earn money. Never a bother, love talking about this stuff.

Sure. THey also rebrand their products for a lot of other companies. Not bad stuff either, but for the money there are so many others out there that offer more and are less expensive. However if you are going to put in the work, save the money on products at the beginning until you get your process down. Go with simple meguires. #21 will work rather well and it will save you a bundle.

Learn to clay bar. Its a must to get the pro look. It takes 15 minutes to do a car and will make all the difference in the world.
Spend the money on a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher. Do not go rotary, go with DAP. No paint stripping issues.

Once you get the technique down, things go faster and you will learn what products you like and dont like. FWIW, this is what I did in college to earn money. Never a bother, love talking about this stuff.

Awesome, I appreciate the information. I do have some meguires right now to practice on my truck and gf's escape. Need to home the skills for the bimmer. Will be back in the next few months with questions probably :D

Get a clay bar, some good soap and microfiber towels.

In college I detailed a lot of high end cars at a local company here in KC. Learned a lot about stuff like using a clay bar and just how much it helps honestly. Night and day really

Taking part in Movember and need a 'stache nickname. Any suggestions?

ha. I don't think anyone would get it.

the following just transpired in my house;

Oldest Son stubbed his toe badly on the rocking bear (think; Rocking horse, but giant stuffed bear).

He freaked out, thought it was broken, sat on the couch for a bit. I asked how it felt, he said, "I dont know, I cant feel it."

So? I pushed on it while he was looking at his computer.

He screamed and said it hurt.

What a liar, he can totally feel it.

Was a good day being off work today. Minimal issues that had to be addressed and I got a lot of home stuff done. Got the first of several lessons scheduled for tomorrow morning. Going to get my driver worked out and get my game in MC eligible shape.

In other news, this is pretty freaking cool:
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/aeromobil-flying-car-goes-road-runway-style-211617565.html

The more I hear about flying cars, I get excited until I think of the FAA getting involved due to the flight plans you'd have to make so you didn't interfere with planes and such. Then it makes me sad

The more I hear about flying cars, I get excited until I think of the FAA getting involved due to the flight plans you'd have to make so you didn't interfere with planes and such. Then it makes me sad

No doubt. That would seriously suck. I really like the idea though. Would be so neat I think, even though I'm so terrified of flying.

No doubt. That would seriously suck. I really like the idea though. Would be so neat I think, even though I'm so terrified of flying.

Teleporting would be so much more cool.

Teleporting would be so much more cool.

haha, I dunno. That freaks me out a bit. I mean it sounds cool and all, but I always picture this...

(slightly NSFW)

Spoiler

haha, I dunno. That freaks me out a bit. I mean it sounds cool and all, but I always picture this...

(slightly NSFW)
I would always worry if there were a fly in the booth . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back