THP Fantasy Football - Week 10 Thread

Zero knock on Icey here but I am baffled at the amount of trades he has made this year. I haven't even been close on a trade with him once this season, I don't know how he does it.

And winning! Amazing that he's turned his team over multiple times and it seems to work. Well done, Icey!

I sit here at 6-3 and now regret trading Forte away. I had a pretty strong team and now I am just struggling to keep my head above water. Hoping things turn around for the better.

Still looking for a RB in league 2 open to anything.

Looking for a RB in league one It looks like sproles and Martin will be back this week but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Lots of trade bait team seems to be getting stronger every week.

Let's see if we can make some magic happen...

Zero knock on Icey here but I am baffled at the amount of trades he has made this year. I haven't even been close on a trade with him once this season, I don't know how he does it.
No knock taken!!! I'm glad it's worked for me.
And winning! Amazing that he's turned his team over multiple times and it seems to work. Well done, Icey!
I'm actually surprised they've worked out for me as well.

Looking for a RB in league 3, anyone looking for a WR?

League 4: Looking to upgrade from Dalton/Culter at QB, willing to trade one of them PLUS a WR for a top-8 QB in the league. Hit me up with trade offers.

League 3, Holdin' One, trade proposal coming your way.

I sit here at 6-3 and now regret trading Forte away. I had a pretty strong team and now I am just struggling to keep my head above water. Hoping things turn around for the better.

That's what I am afraid of. I just can't make myself trade away a decent running back to strengthen other areas without receiving RB as part of the package back. So hard to find RB who can put up points consistantly, and yes I want a small fortune to part with any worth a darn.

Hella waiver wire moves set up, we'll see if any go through sitting at 15. Also waiting on a trade response...

Where is the reset button? I traded away my 6-3 team and now when I can use the help I can't get anything off of waivers. I have no trade bait that will ultimately strengthen my team. Ugh. Hello 6-8 and a bump in the first round!

Where is the reset button? I traded away my 6-3 team and now when I can use the help I can't get anything off of waivers. I have no trade bait that will ultimately strengthen my team. Ugh. Hello 6-8 and a bump in the first round!

Ouch. Just looked at your team and with the byes this week, you're in trouble. Haha

Was trying to figure something mutually beneficial but our QB's would be fairly even.

I tried to make some trades yesterday but the idea of a making a "mutually beneficial" and "fair" trade does not seem to exist.

Ouch. Just looked at your team and with the byes this week, you're in trouble. Haha

Was trying to figure something mutually beneficial but our QB's would be fairly even.

I tried to make some trades yesterday but the idea of a making a "mutually beneficial" and "fair" trade does not seem to exist.

Haha. Thanks cookie. And you are right everytime I would make a pretty fair trade no one wanted to. It's ok though, I took some hits and it seems everyone benefited off of me. Such is life though.

I know I made some trades that looked good and ended up hurting me. I guess I just got caught up that someone wanted to trade with me. Oh well. I thought some guys would pan out better and that just isn't the case.

People will always overvalue their players in fantasy football. Its hard to trade and I think some do it for the sake of doing it. In the end, drafting depth will almost always win out because it does give you the ability to trade more for certain players if you choose to.

Haha. Thanks cookie. And you are right everytime I would make a pretty fair trade no one wanted to. It's ok though, I took some hits and it seems everyone benefited off of me. Such is life though.

I know I made some trades that looked good and ended up hurting me. I guess I just got caught up that someone wanted to trade with me. Oh well. I thought some guys would pan out better and that just isn't the case.

I hear ya man. When I'm looking at trades, both team have a need. While that need is there, I look at the numbers such as position ranking and average points per game. If we are trading 3 players back/forth but I'm giving up 42 points/game and you're giving up 23 points/game ------- something just ain't right.

Our trade hasn't helped me but then again Jesus at RB couldn't help my FF team.

People will always overvalue their players in fantasy football. Its hard to trade and I think some do it for the sake of doing it. In the end, drafting depth will almost always win out because it does give you the ability to trade more for certain players if you choose to.

Yeah, I get that. But you can't overvalue your players and then undervalue what you're trying to get in return.

And you're right - drafting at depth is key. Something that I didn't start to understand until this year after draft.

League 4: Looking to upgrade from Dalton/Culter at QB, willing to trade one of them PLUS a WR for a top-8 QB in the league. Hit me up with trade offers.

Brady??

Yeah, I get that. But you can't overvalue your players and then undervalue what you're trying to get in return.

And you're right - drafting at depth is key. Something that I didn't start to understand until this year after draft.

The correct term is shouldnt, not cant...hehe
It happens in most trades.

The correct term is shouldnt, not cant...hehe
It happens in most trades.

Hahaha, good correction. Let me clarify: you shouldn't do it, but you can't do it if you want to trade with me.

Our trade hasn't helped me but then again Jesus at RB couldn't help my FF team.

Sure did! You got 25 out of Forte and I had 12 out of Charles. I am not upset with anyone, only myself for not believing I drafted well. In the end things will probably even out but for now it's just a little frustrating.

People see names and that can lead to the overvaluing instead of looking at points. People see guys that have been studs in years past but just aren't doing anything so they think they should get more for them.

I try and make fair trades that will fill the need for both teams and will not give an advantage to either team.

I should say I dont think people do it with malicious intent either. Two things always seem to happen in fantasy football.
1. People overvalue the players they drafted.
2. As soon as a single big trade happens, several others do immediately.

People want to be in on the action. Its human nature.

I fell into the trade frenzy trap. But I also thought the guys I traded for would produce a lot more. Time will tell I guess.

Back