Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this could also be a rant. Just turned on my new laptop... Windows 8 SUCKS!!!:mad:

Ok this could also be a rant. Just turned on my new laptop... Windows 8 SUCKS!!!:mad:

You'll get used to it. One thing that makes it easier is to create a re-start and a shutdown shortcut on your desktop.

I live in desktop mode. Hardly ever go into metro. You can make it start up in desktop mode and it is basically windows 7. Which isn't saying much.

5 mins. And I'm ready to send back! !! I thought I disliked 7 but this is stupid. Going to take forever to figure how to get all this crap off of it. Starting with Norton

How do you find the control panel? I want to uninstall Norton & a ton of other crap

5 mins. And I'm ready to send back! !! I thought I disliked 7 but this is stupid. Going to take forever to figure how to get all this crap off of it. Starting with Norton

Download classic shell , it will make things all better

From? Cnet?

tappin from my big as note2

From? Cnet?

That's where I got it, it makes it much more convenient, functions like windows 7 or xp if you prefer

Love xp

hiyooo!

rim-jobs-on-line-1.jpg

You're telling me there wasn't one single person who had that pass by them and thought, "So many options."

You're telling me there wasn't one single person who had that pass by them and thought, "So many options."

The editor is like...."yep, love it. print it. crap."

Supposedly Target is giving a $200 credit for trading in an iPad (including first gen) towards a new iPad. As long as the screen is not cracked and it boots up, the $200 is a sure deal until Saturday. They also throw in a $25 gift card. Good chance to upgrade for a decent deal. I don't have an iPad, but I figured I'd spread the word. No link... sorry

Supposedly Target is giving a $200 credit for trading in an iPad (including first gen) towards a new iPad. As long as the screen is not cracked and it boots up, the $200 is a sure deal until Saturday. They also throw in a $25 gift card. Good chance to upgrade for a decent deal. I don't have an iPad, but I figured I'd spread the word. No link... sorry

You can add 5% rebate if you sign up for their red card linked to your checking account. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but 5% back on every cash transaction with them is interesting.

You can add 5% rebate if you sign up for their red card linked to your checking account. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but 5% back on every cash transaction with them is interesting.

We shop a lot at super target. We save over $500 per year with the red card debit. No brainer for us. Only wish we'd started sooner. (Signed up mid-2012).

Question for you guys about the red card debit.
Obviously it is not a credit card, as I have plenty of those, and a debit straight to account similar to what we have with Nordstroms. I love the cash back idea, but can someone explain why they need to pull your credit for that? My wife and I both have very good credit, but getting it pulled for something that is linked to our checking out seems rather intrusive.

I love the cash back idea, but can someone explain why they need to pull your credit for that?

I can't imagine. I don't have one yet, but we shop there often enough to make it worthwhile. I may check it out tonight and see what happens. I suppose it could be a way of verification and fighting fraud. Maybe they have a "bill me later" option and do a check up front.

It doesn't make sense for just a debit card though.

I think a massage chair is going to come before a 70" TV.

I don't recall a credit check at all for the debit card, though it could be a recent addition since we've had ours over a year now.

As of this afternoon we're saved over $291 in 2013 at target on money we would have spent anyway. Love it. That's airfare to a thp invitational. ;)

I stopped pondering and bought a new tv for my bedroom. Got a 47 inch vizio led and I am beyond impressed. Great picture and the smart features are easy to use. Was on sale at wal mart for 575.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go to a mall just to visit a Brookstone! The zero g spot comment kinda made me chuckle

I need some laptop advice:

I'm starting a masters degree program in the spring/summer and will need a laptop to carry around for working on papers during the day or on the couch at home, etc. We've got an iMac and iPhones, etc. but I don't really want to spend the money on an Apple laptop since I'm pretty much only going to be using it for word processing, email, some THPing - you know, the important things. With Black Friday deals coming out I thought I might go ahead and get one while they're cheap.

What kind of minimum specs should I be looking for? Any brands to avoid like the plague?

Verizon Wireless!!!
You can suck it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back