2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

I haven't seen any follow up. Did MaleMotives get signed up? Just out of curiosity how many spots are open now? They were all booked, but then I understand a couple of "few" people had to back out.

I signed up and was notified that I am on the waiting list. That's no guarantee of going, but it's better than not being on the list. I'll just have to react much sooner next time.

2 O'clock in the morning huh? Retirement must be nice!! This started off as a sign up for 16 couples. If I recall, that filled up in just a couple of minutes so they extended it to 20 I believe. It'll be a lot of fun and I can tell you that the people that I've met on here so far have been really great folks. Looking forward to this trip. Maybe I'll meet you at another event. I was curious because I saw JB's response telling you to get in touch with GG so I thought there was still a spot open. I guess it was to get on the list, just in case.

The wife is already getting ready for this event - she got custom fitted for an Edel putter today! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did you end up getting a birdieball green and if so what size? Im looking at the 13.5 by 4ft and its coming out to be about $134.99with the code.
For the birdieball green you can get 15% off with 'homegolf' code and if you read the fine print before you pick what size you want, you can also get a free upgrade!

So did you end up getting a birdieball green and if so what size? Im looking at the 13.5 by 4ft and its coming out to be about $134.99with the code.

Well, I'm going to order it this week. I actually received a 30% off coupon code from the guy who owns BirdieBall. It's my own personalized code, or else I'd share it. We were all going crazy with it over the weekend on the BirdieBall thread. I am looking at the 13.5 x 4 ft after the free upgrade. Super excited to get one.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?43814-Birdieball-Putting-Greens

Lets keep the birdieball stuff to that thread guys if you do not mind.
This event has plenty of greatness to it all on its own.

Is it May yet??? I can honestly say the thought of this event crosses my mind several times a day.

Is it May yet??? I can honestly say the thought of this event crosses my mind several times a day.

My girl keeps calling this event her Busy Season End Celebration.... We may have to stay down in Orlando a few extra days!

will do sorry about that JB

The Mrs. and I were talking about this the other night and she is excited for this event, since she has to listen to me talk about all the awesome people at the Ohio gathering!

Ditto bro! About this time of year, I am usually anxiously awaiting the xmas season... but now I just want these dayum holidays to be over with! Bah humbug - bring on the Florida sunshine!

I am now Really psyched - the hotel has SUSHI! :rockon:

The hotel is ridiculous rooms are sick...can't wait

So jealous of you guys. Wish I was bringing the new wife out for this.

Just a little bump.

Was thinking about this event today. I know quite a few of us can't wait until May.

Yeah, May is going to be fun. Got my Birdie Ball green coming today for the girl to start practicing :) In reality I"m just excited to meet everyone and enjoy a weekend with good people!

Me and the wife talked about this this morning and she was worried about being terrible. I laughed and explained that THP events are about fun and friendships and not about how good you are.

She felt better about it after I told her how bad I've played at some events and gatherings.

Yeah, score won't matter much with all the fun going on :)

Honestly outside of minature golf my wife has never picked up a putter in her life. So that could be a good thing or a very bad thing. Needless to say the fun and good times to be had are bountiful.

hmm, my wife has at least played real golf before....a shame I suck and will take 6 shots to get to the greens :)

As long as my girl doesn't start trash talking me when I have to hit balls out of ponds, trees and barren wastelands....I'll be okay! :)

for those of you with wives that don't play, don't sweat it. Tell them they'll have company with my wife. If she comes with me to practice putting more than a couple of times I'll be very very surprised. We'll be relying on her putt putt golf skills!! And she's generally pretty good at that. Like others have said, THP events are not THAT competitive. There will be some people there that will be I'm sure, but for me and my wife, ain't happenin!! I'm not good at golf, but I love it, and she doesn't play golf at all. We'll still have a blast and there will be stories and laughs all around.

Back