Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pestano gets healthy, he's the guy. His stuff is down right nasty. Smith would be a great set up man

I like albers and that other fatty too

Not trying to start a fight here but I don't see anywhere where he "took ownership for making a mistake" anywhere in that article.

In all honesty I skimmed pretty hard.

Didn't think you were trying to start a fight. There was a press conference back when the list was released and he talked about taking supplements that he didn't fully understand what was in them, etc.

Unfortunately I can't find the press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funny thing to me is how tight after that story his production fell WAY off, and everyone assumed he was done... Then he was back.

Gee, I wonder what changed?

The funny thing to me is how tight after that story his production fell WAY off, and everyone assumed he was done... Then he was back.

Gee, I wonder what changed?

Not to mention he was an absolute scrub with the Twins. On his way out and all of the sudden turns into a power hitting superstar?

Not to mention he was an absolute scrub with the Twins. On his way out and all of the sudden turns into a power hitting superstar?

Not picking on you Dev, but 18 HRs and 48 RBIs in 80 games and 20 HRs and 75 in 120 games isn't exactly a scrub. The problem Twins had was they had a guy named Justin Morneau and a draft pick named Joe Mauer that pushed Papi out of Minnesota.

I am not saying he was innocent. I think we are going to find out the pressure of a lot of guys used PEDs to stay in the league.

As for his production falling off - remember he had some injuries - wrist and Achilles. A lot of people felt he got too overweight after 2007, but over the last couple of years has slimmed down considerably.

This advertisement was in the Sunday Boston Globe and went out to all of the Red Sox fans on their email list earlier today:

600x1084_b_strong_ws.jpg

This is great and sad all rolled into one.

Big Papi finished in 3rd for the Boston Mayoral Race.

Already?? When did they move into that stadium? If my memory serves me right, they moved into the stadium after it was remodeled after the Olympics.

Yeah. It'll take me longer to get to the games now, but hopefully there will be bars/restaurants right next door the stadium now. There's absolutely nothing to do unless you drive into downtown.

Already?? When did they move into that stadium? If my memory serves me right, they moved into the stadium after it was remodeled after the Olympics.

Yep. 1997 is when they were first there.

The Ted is a really nice ballpark. I guess that infrastructure issues finally took its toll. It is miserable getting to games there, as there is no legitimate public transportation option. Nearest Marta stop is about 3/4 mile away.

My concern with the new location is that Marta does not run to Cobb County. If they don't add a line, it will be the same infrastructure issues, just in the burbs rather than the city.

Yep. 1997 is when they were first there.

The Ted is a really nice ballpark. I guess that infrastructure issues finally took its toll. It is miserable getting to games there, as there is no legitimate public transportation option. Nearest Marta stop is about 3/4 mile away.

My concern with the new location is that Marta does not run to Cobb County. If they don't add a line, it will be the same infrastructure issues, just in the burbs rather than the city.

Too big. Too many empty seats in that location.

Could be that the Braves are using the lack of infrastructure as a reason/justification for some of empty seats.

Just seems crazy that we might be getting to the point that the shelf life for stadiums is 20 years.

Since I will probably be mostly talking to myself this offseason, I will hold off on creating a 2014 MLB Thread to cover the offseason period.

I see the Cardinals are going to be negotiating with the Rockies for Troy Tulowitzki.

I am thinking something along the lines of Matt Adams, Shelby Miller, David Freese, and a prospect would get it done, and if that was offered I would hope the Cards would grab that in a heartbeat. If we get a SS I am pretty happy with the team, we need to look at a solution for either RF/CF depending on where Taveras goes, but I think if the team looked like this next year I would be happy.

Carpenter 3B
Tulowitzki SS
Holliday LF
Craig 1B
Molina C
Taveras RF
Jay/Robinson CF
Wong 2nd
P Spot

Wainwright
Wacha
Kelly
Jaime Garcia
Martinez

Wacha Wacha wacha

Yo 441 what would like to see the Tribe do this offseason?

Since I will probably be mostly talking to myself this offseason, I will hold off on creating a 2014 MLB Thread to cover the offseason period.

I see the Cardinals are going to be negotiating with the Rockies for Troy Tulowitzki.

I am thinking something along the lines of Matt Adams, Shelby Miller, David Freese, and a prospect would get it done, and if that was offered I would hope the Cards would grab that in a heartbeat. If we get a SS I am pretty happy with the team, we need to look at a solution for either RF/CF depending on where Taveras goes, but I think if the team looked like this next year I would be happy.

Carpenter 3B
Tulowitzki SS
Holliday LF
Craig 1B
Molina C
Taveras RF
Jay/Robinson CF
Wong 2nd
P Spot

Wainwright
Wacha
Kelly
Jaime Garcia
Martinez

Tulowitzki would be vast improvement for you, but my concern would be him staying healthy. Looks like the Red Sox are going to be major suitors for Carlos Beltran, especially when they are predicting Ellsbury is going to get 6 years, $21 million per year.

As much as I like Ellsbury, I really hope the Red Sox don't make that kind of commitment.

I don't know if Beltran makes sense in Boston for 3-4 years like he wants. No chance he can play OF that long. That means Papi at 1B.. Do you want that hahahah

Tulowitzki would be vast improvement for you, but my concern would be him staying healthy. Looks like the Red Sox are going to be major suitors for Carlos Beltran, especially when they are predicting Ellsbury is going to get 6 years, $21 million per year.

As much as I like Ellsbury, I really hope the Red Sox don't make that kind of commitment.

Ellsbury and Beltran to the Yankees. Evil Empire returns. Boom.

Ellsbury and Beltran to the Yankees. Evil Empire returns. Boom.

Ellsbury will fit in with the rest of your overpaid players who spend half the season hurt. :)

Yo 441 what would like to see the Tribe do this offseason?

1. Dont resign Jimenez, Im not real happy with 5 starting pitchers on the roster so they will need someone else. Bauer is not ready, Hagadone and Carassco are awful.
2. Pick up 1 more reliever, preferably Grant Balfour, leaves them with Pestano, Smith, Albers, Allen, etc (hopefully)
3. THe team needs some POP. With that the weak spot is 3B so some pop at the position in the off season would be huge. Otherwise you have to get it in the OF and there is no room. Brantley/Bourne are going nowwhere, and you have Swisher in RF. The only other option would be get some pop at RF, move Swisher to 1B and then Santana is back at catcher full time, which I just do not like. ALl of this is assuming I let them keep Cabrera for 1 more stinking year to regain his numbers of old.

Catcher: Gomes
1B: Santana
2B: Kipnis
SS: Cabrera
3B: Open
LF: Brantley
CF: Bourne
RF: Swisher (possibly)

Rotation:
Masterson
Kluber
McAllister