Its a long way to the top...

TheShow

Reaction score
The following is a true story!

It was a warm Kansas afternoon in 2002. I had recently bought my first set of golf clubs. Having never played outside of the driving range and mini golf, I decided to try out for the golf team.

After two grueling, hard fought days to make the first cut, I had fought the good fight. I gave it my all and after an 18th hole par, I had put up a MONSTER 182!

Since that afternoon, my dreams have been haunted. My life has been never been the same.

I will not rest until I make right the wrong that I have done to myself.

Last month, I bought a decent used set of clubs and shot a 127. By my calculations I was half way there!

I played every week last month and ended up shooting a 112.

Then a a career changing injury took me off the road to redemption. I, a pretty healthy 28 year old was diagnosed with medial epicondylitis, otherwise known as Golfers Elbow!

You can't make this stuff up folks!

Good thing I live in Wichita Kansas. Golf season is pretty much done for, so I'll work on my putting as my serious sports injury heals itself!

The road to redemption is long and hard. Doesn't matter how long it take, as long as you stay the course.

I'm not a huge poster but I've been reading the site for a while and just wanted to introduce myself. Not all of my post will be this entertaining, but I'll do what I can. Any advise is welcomed!

Even though I've only read from afar, thanks for making me feel welcomed.

Ahhhh that's terrible! My dad had/has tennis elbow (even though he doesn't play, just wrenches on cars non stop) and he said it's awful. I hope you get healthy for next season and continue seeing those improvements. Have you considered taking any lessons?

Yeah I have considered lessons, I just don't really know where to start looking for a teacher.

Yeah I have considered lessons, I just don't really know where to start looking for a teacher.

There's a few of places. I know we have some THPers out your way that could give specifics, but I'd do a search online and see what's out there, then pick one you like.

Welcome to :thp: TheShow! And remember, as long as you're having fun it's a good day golfing!

Welcome to THP! Get the elbow well and good luck with your quest that we ALL have!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP! That's a bummer on the elbow, hope it heals well this off season. Definitely keep up the work and see on some lessons. They definitely help.

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: take care of that elbow, I know how painful it can be.

Great story and welcome to THP. There is a GolfTEC in Wichita I believe. I would recommend starting there, especially since you can do it year round.

Welcome to thee land of THP matey! RRRRRHGGGHHHHH we hopes yee elbow feels better lad.. You will find many treasures in these lands.

Welcome to THP great intro

Take care of that elbow

Welcome to the show! May God heal your elbow!

Welcome fellow Wichitan! I promise golf season in this town isn't even close to over!

Welcome to THP !

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THPee fella sauce!

Welcome to THP dude and get elbow taken care of. You'll be back in no time.

Welcome to THP fellow Kansan! I often wonder if I have a small case of Tennis Elbow. It doesn't flare up much on the course, usually on the ball field playing softball.
Sounds like you're starting to make some solid improvement. Get your elbow healed up, look at some lessons and you'll see some major improvements next summer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Welcome

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to thp

Welcome to the team!

Welcome to THP!

Back