2014 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

200 posts a month is nothing. Its not a message board. All we do is come here to read and post. That shouldnt even been a blip on the radar if someone is selected.

I am right there with you buddy. I am really glad you will be in this thing this year

I like all the new changes. I think having an official handicap is nice and necessary.

I am a little indifferent in the video submissions. While I know the videos created some turmoil, I am curious as to how the selections will be handled. I hope it's not a random draw but it just might be the easiest way without ruffling any feathers.

200 posts a month is nothing. Its not a message board. All we do is come here to read and post. That shouldnt even been a blip on the radar if someone is selected.
Heck, I'm on that pace without having the prep for the MC to talk about!

Awesome stuff!

Bummed about no video submissions, as I had already planned my whole thing out.

Looking forward to seeing what the rest entails!

This all sounds good to me!! Looks like I need to go back and watch the highlights again from last year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome stuff!

We have all seen enough of your body Joe....Haha

Awesome stuff!

you should make a video anyway

Your dead on. If someone wants to, there will always be plenty of things to say. We dont think asking someone to make 6.5 golf posts per day is too much to ask for.

10 posts a day takes maybe a half hour in my opinion(if they are good ones and well thought out).

If people don't have a half hour a day to invest in THP, I don't understand why they would sign up for the Morgan Cup.. This event is designed around camaraderie and the THP experience.. Hard to get that when you're not on the site more than a half hour each day, getting involved. Again, just my opinion.. 200 posts is peanuts compared to how people should invest in this event.

Great changes that will really allow people to put everything they have into the site and the event. People will be able to truly follow "the event and it's participants." Solid changes all the way around. While I am slightly sad there won't be videos (just because I enjoy me some creative video creation), I think it will even the playing field a bit and allow people's true personalities to shine through.

It's an event about the people. About THP and, of course, THE CUP!

Great changes that will really allow people to put everything they have into the site and the event. People will be able to truly follow "the event and it's participants." Solid changes all the way around. While I am slightly sad there won't be videos (just because I enjoy me some creative video creation), I think it will even the playing field a bit and allow people's true personalities to shine through.

It's an event about the people. About THP and, of course, THE CUP!

You can make me a video of you doing the macarena if you want.

Thanks for the info!

I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway just to be safe - do free services such as OOB work for establishing the handicap?

Can you say if selections will occur over a shorter overall timeframe as they have in the past or be a somewhat more prolonged approach as with The King and Grandaddy?

OOB does not offer an official handicap I do not believe.
For those that do not have a way of getting one from a local club, THP offers the service.

Here's hoping for a mild Winter, and hopefully get my handicap down a ways. If not, there's always next year. Thanks for the update, JB! Gonna be a very exciting year!

Just thought of something. Will there be a new Morgan Cup this year or is Jake just holding it on ice for when Team THP wins it?

Here's hoping for a mild Winter, and hopefully get my handicap down a ways. If not, there's always next year. Thanks for the update, JB! Gonna be a very exciting year!

I wish you luck on your journey and truly think that with proper assistance, anybody at your number can get there with this much time before July.
As to the bolded, I cannot say for sure if there will be a 2015 MC. We were not even planning a 2014 MC.

10 posts a day takes maybe a half hour in my opinion(if they are good ones and well thought out).

If people don't have a half hour a day to invest in THP, I don't understand why they would sign up for the Morgan Cup.. This event is designed around camaraderie and the THP experience.. Hard to get that when you're not on the site more than a half hour each day, getting involved. Again, just my opinion.. 200 posts is peanuts compared to how people should invest in this event.

This and your previous posts in this thread together should be added directly to a "What's not expected, but expected" thread. Dan, you sir, have hit the nail on the head here.

I expressed concern last year about post count. I was wrong. 200 a month is easy.

That point about index vs handicap...hmm, I never realized that was different. My index is a touch high... I've got work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just thought of something. Will there be a new Morgan Cup this year or is Jake just holding it on ice for when Team THP wins it?

That trophy was given to Jake as he earned it.
There will be something special coming for this year.

18.9 isn't a handicap, that's an index.

For reference sake, we played whites at True Blue this year, which is 71.1/132 -- That means your index needs to be 15.8 or better.

Just to clarify though - you need to be an 18.0 index through your service.

I expressed concern last year about post count. I was wrong. 200 a month is easy.

That point about index vs handicap...hmm, I never realized that was different. My index is a touch high... I've got work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dont overthink that part. Nobody should. While Canadan is technically correct, one would have to know what tees are being used to accommodate that part of it. 18 index/handicap is what we are after in this situation.

These are all great things. I really like the HDCP addition to the event. Although I won't be attempting to get into the MC, I fully intend on following along every step of the way, including the selection process. There is just too much awesome with everything about it.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more updates!

That trophy was given to Jake as he earned it.
There will be something special coming for this year.

Statues of the winners? Yesss. Thankfully for you I have lost alot of weight so there will be less material needed. :alien:

As one of the "high handicappers" from last year. It can be done, and you don't have to completely shut down everything that is going on in your life to completely focus on practice. Just managing time effectively and developing a plan will do wonders. I personally think it will be easier to prepare because you won't be worrying about equipment coming and when am I gonna get this or that, etc etc.

We're talking about practice!

iverson.jpg

Morgan Cup chairman? You should be. You just get the whole thing and I know you will be apart of it all whether you are a participant again or not.

Take lots of notes people.

Back