Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
How would you go about finding the perfect ball for you? I've been using several, it just depends on the day and what course I'll be at if I think I'll lost them, then I'll use my over-run golf balls (Pinnacles) or usually on a Par 3 course I'll use my good golf balls (pink Precept IQs). Do you just go to your local golf store and get a ball fitting? How does that work? I have several good balls that I use, but I honestly can't tell the difference in the way they hit, loft, distance, etc. I use the Precept IQs or the Callaway Solaires and every once in a while I'll use a Wilson Hope ball and its just because I just have so many of them and it helps that they're different colored as well. (

Get fitted or test each out on the course
The first one is much more money saving but the second one will give you on-course results.

Please keep this thread clean until our Ask the Pro has a chance to respond. Our ask the pro section is for amollerud our THP Teaching Professional.

Golf chick. This is something to talk with your coach about. They should have a good idea about what ball to play by swing speed tempo and contact. Some places do a small ball fitting but it is normally put on by a ball company so they do tend to be a touch bias. For womens golf balls I am a hugh fan of the precept IQ and I also love the srixon lady. The ball fittings that I do I am using the launch moniter and looking at driver spin rates...6iron spin rates....sand wedge spin rates. If I can find one that fits my student well in these 3 areas is one that I will push for them.

The best advice ...

The best advice ...

... that I have ever read (and is what I do) is to start out by chosing the balls that you like the best from inside 60 yards. It is tough to do a 'ball fitting' like a 'club fitting' because the style with your short game is so important (a Phil Mickelson type short game player is not going to like the same ball that might work well for a bump and run golfer). And (IMHO) there is more leverage (particularly if you are not a big hitter) in golf ball performance around the green vs. long shots.

dave

I support the ball fitting by the companies such as Bridgestone. I went to one and two were recommended. I followed it up with an independent fitting at a golf store and received the exact same recommendations. Now I play two balls most of the time but still grab some other new ones as they come out, but I have kept going back to what I was fitted.

Try as many as you can and listen to recommendations from players of the same calibre as yourself.

Back