The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke has to be ranked after this weekend right? How awesome for Cuttcliffe. Always thought he got a raw deal at Mississippi.

Have to be ranked this week!

What I'm hoping for from Duke: wins vs. Wake and UNC, a somewhat respectable showing against FSU in the ACC title game (aka cover the spread), and a berth in the Chick-Fil-A bowl assuming that FSU is in the national title game and the Orange Bowl takes Clemson as their ACC representative.

What I'm hoping for from Duke: wins vs. Wake and UNC, a somewhat respectable showing against FSU in the ACC title game (aka cover the spread), and a berth in the Chick-Fil-A bowl assuming that FSU is in the national title game and the Orange Bowl takes Clemson as their ACC representative.

That would be awesome for yall, congrats on the big win.

Nope, just the usual offensive ineptitude from UF.

Just thinking, what do you think Auburn's chances of BCS birth are at this point?

As good as their game at Bama. I think Auburn is gonna need to rotate out QB's a lot in their game with the Saban robots if what I hear is true (yall's 2nd strong QB is a better passer by far). Yall's heavy reliance on the run can work against them with all of the misdirection, because if Bama has one weakness (from what I've seen) it's their tendency to attack on all cylinders and over pursue. AU can exploit that IF they can find a little success in the passing game. They only need enough to keep the Bammers honest in their scheming.

The win vs Bama makes ANYTHING possible as far as where y'all land in a bowl, while a loss will bring the weaker strength of schedule into play and possibly drop AU further down than they deserve.

Just my assessment. I'm no expert though, so it probably don't mean much.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That would be awesome for yall, congrats on the big win.

That is a dream scenario. However, it would be a nightmare for me if it was Duke vs. South Carolina in that game, I'd have no idea what to do. My dad has season tickets for South Carolina. I assume that he's pretty upset with the way tonight's game has gone.

As good as their game at Bama. I think Auburn is gonna need to rotate out QB's a lot in their game with the Saban robots if what I hear is true (yall's 2nd strong QB is a better passer by far). Yall's heavy reliance on the run can work against them with all of the misdirection, because if Bama has one weakness (from what I've seen) it's their tendency to attack on all cylinders and over pursue. AU can exploit that IF they can find a little success in the passing game. They only need enough to keep the Bammers honest in their scheming.

The win vs Bama makes ANYTHING possible as far as where y'all land in a bowl, while a loss will bring the weaker strength of schedule into play and possibly drop AU further down than they deserve.

Re: Auburn in a BCS Bowl, assume that Alabama beats Auburn and wins the SEC title game 1 week later. The Sugar Bowl would want an SEC team in that game with Alabama in the national title game. No team from the SEC East will sniff the Sugar Bowl except maybe South Carolina if they beat Clemson and get into the SEC title game. I think that more than likely, it would be down to Auburn vs. Texas A&M for the Sugar Bowl spot.

I don't think we would fall far, it would be between us, Missouri and SC for the Sugar Bowl if Bama wins out. I don't see the Sugar Bowl passing on a 2 loss sec team.

I knew Bama would take a step back tonight compared to the LSU game, but they are playing pathetically tonight.

I knew Bama would take a step back tonight compared to the LSU game, but they are playing pathetically tonight.

I don't like it, I don't really want Bama pissed coming into the IB.

I don't think we would fall far, it would be between us, Missouri and SC for the Sugar Bowl if Bama wins out. I don't see the Sugar Bowl passing on a 2 loss sec team.

Good point. It's getting late for me and I overlooked the SEC for that one.

I don't like it, I don't really want Bama pissed coming into the IB.

They get to take it out on Chattanooga first

Big win dude! That was a fun game to watch. Absolutely have to be ranked after that win.

They get to take it out on Chattanooga first

I fear for the physical safety of my hometown college squad. It's gonna get messy. The Mocs are solid in THEIR division this year. But this match-up is just stupid IMHO. I'm ashamed for Bama and ashamed of UT for scheduling them next year.

Awesome win, Ary. I enjoy seeing Duke doing well in football. Mostly because I'm a huge fan of Coach Cut, but nonetheless, I enjoy it.

I fear for the physical safety of my hometown college squad. It's gonna get messy. The Mocs are solid in THEIR division this year. But this match-up is just stupid IMHO. I'm ashamed for Bama and ashamed of UT for scheduling them next year.

Mocs could always say no to that $750,000 check, but remarkably they never do.

Mocs could always say no to that $750,000 check, but remarkably they never do.

Nope. Dignity be dammed. #C.R.E.A.M.

Nope, just the usual offensive ineptitude from UF.

Just thinking, what do you think Auburn's chances of BCS birth are at this point?

I think a BCS bowl game is a lock. With a win against Bama, it's definite. Even with a loss at 10-2, if Bama goes to the champ game we are the 2nd sec choice for BCS , I would think

I have no issue if the voters moving FSU to #1 after this game...and I hate the damn cowbells.

Just got home...Go trojans

I think a BCS bowl game is a lock. With a win against Bama, it's definite. Even with a loss at 10-2, if Bama goes to the champ game we are the 2nd sec choice for BCS , I would think

The two scenarios I see us missing out is if we beat Bama but lose the sec championship, or if we lose to Bama, and they lose the championship game, I think Bama gets the at large in both situations.

The two scenarios I see us missing out is if we beat Bama but lose the sec championship, or if we lose to Bama, and they lose the championship game, I think Bama gets the at large in both situations.

I guess the Texas A&M argument that I made earlier is a bit weaker than Auburn considering that Auburn won the head-to-head matchup, but stranger things have happened. I'd imagine Texas A&M would bring a ton of fans to any bowl game this year because it will be Manziel's last game for A&M.

Huge red zone pick for USC...dude should have taken it to the sidelines...would have been pick 6

Thank goodness we're playing Miss St and not someone better tonight. I'm not sure the offense could play any worse.

Big pick by usc....what a bad bad throw

USC converts 4th and 2

Some dude had 464 yds rushing in division 3 holy crap

Looks like USC is just a short field goal away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back