What's your proudest golf moment????

As of right now, my first ever GIR. It was a par three and down about 50-70 feet, about 120 out. Short par 3. I think I used my PW and just smacked the ball. I thought I was short but it landed behind the pin and rolled a bit towards the back of the green. Still waiting for my first birdie.

To this point: Standing on the first tee at the 2013 Morgan Cup.

I had a lot of proud moments in 2013 but my proudest would have to be winning the Georgia Senior Women's Golf Association team championship last month. I was really struggling with my back (herniated disc) and told my teammate that she would have to carry me this year. We've played this event for 5 consecutive years now and have won our flight before but never the entire championship (huge tournament). I had a rough start on the first nine but she played fantastic and then my game kicked into gear on the back. From then on out, I was in a zone and played the best golf ever on the 2nd day.

To make it even better, we won this championship playing one of the courses where I took lessons for over a year and I was able to share my win with my coach who taught me so much. He was so proud of me!

Other proud moments from this year:

Winning with Buckjob in the THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf
Getting my first hole in one
Shooting -4 in 3 holes (birdie, HIO, birdie)
Flying in for eagle twice (from 60 and 100 yards)
Winning our club championship (I didn't choke!)

My Proudest Golf Moment:

The club in which I was a member enters what are called A team and B team matches with other area clubs. As suggested the teams are based on flights, and I am obviously not an A player. However, my index was just at the outer limit to be on the B team and since the roster needed to be filled, I was asked to join the team. Needless to say, I was the worse player on the team and as such was partnered with the best player (matches were best ball of partners). Our team made it to the championship match. It was on the 18th hole of that match and the match was all square. My partner hit his tee shot into a lateral water hazzard. Immediately, I started puckering. I don't what to get all religious, but someone or something was watching over me. I was able to sink a 25 foot putt to make one of my very rare birdies and we won the match. To this day, my team members talk about that putt and I must adimit to enjoying it when they do.

Chip shot for birdie. Over a 3-4 hill, carrying over a sand bunker and then down hill to the cup. Best chip in of my life. And the looks on the faces of my team mate and playing partners was priceless.! It was epically awesome.!!

I'll NEVER forget mine, it was on September 2, 1994, my birthday and the year before my brain tumor. My wife surprised me with a special weekend trip to Springfield, MO to spend on the course with my 14 yo son. We didn't have any tee times set up, just showed up at a nice course and they had a big two man scramble going on. I said what the heck and entered Matthew and I figuring it was just a donation but got us on the course, low and behold we played incredible golf on a course niether of us had ever seen.

Matthew was a sharpshooter with his Tommy Armour 845 irons and when I missed the fw's he got it done. His chipping was crazy good and my putting was on fire, I've never had so much fun watching this kid play. It was a magical day together and blew me away when we got back to the proshop and found out we won the 2nd flight.

Got all my money back, each of us got proshop credit to spend and a day on the course that will be with me for a lifetime!

1) My first Even Par round (71)
2) I've swished 2 eagles on par 4s from about 150
3) Getting the deal of the century to put my new irons in my bag this year (I love a good deal).

When Puttin4Bird and I won our first match in the 2012 Morgan Cup. That was easily the highest I've even been on a golf course.

My proudest golf moment is not about my game.
Performing CPR on a 60 year old gentleman on a fairway during a round in 1996. I saw him playing golf about 2 months later.

I would have to say three events all rank at the top. The first time I won an event with a good field of players, in a KJGA Event. Then getting the phone call that I made the North East Kansas Sectional Team, and then lastly, getting a college golf scholarship.

The first round I ever played my father. Hed been playing since I was young, I just never took to it. After being station in japan and coming to visit 3 yrs into my golf adiction. We went out and played( I brought him home some hogan apex's ) and we played. I shot 71 that day he shot 74. Our first round together and his ending line... "well I guess the first rounds on me". Never forget it, and as of yet nothing has ever came close.

Probably my PB round of 78. 2 birdies, 8 pars, and 8 bogeys - not a single double. It was just spectacularly consistent - it is the model of the golf I want to play going forward after I get my swing nicely sorted.

A close second is my first eagle, in college. Drove the green in 2 on a par 5 and dropped a 12 footer - just like you're supposed to do it! I've had 3 other eagles, but 2 of those were fly ins (one on a wedge, one on a 6 iron) so they feel more like luck than that first one did.

Three stand out:

Eagle on a par 3

First time I broke 80

Calling my shot playing one under a tree skipping it off the water and having it roll onto the green. Missed the putt for the miracle bird though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to say mine are:

Winning my fist college event

My PB 65 bogey free round

My most boring even par round or my career - 18 GIR 36 putts

Probably the first time my son & I played together - and it was his first time playing on an actual course - he drove a par 4 and left his eagle putt an inch short!

For myself, the first and only time I shot a totally legit 78. Funny thing is, I have rounds where I have hit the ball quite a bit better.. just everything seemed to go my way for probably the only time on the golf course! My friends actually call me bad luck schleprock!

Shooting 33 and 34 back-to-day rounds as a senior in HS. However, I bogeyed the 9th hole for the 33! :(

My fondest/proudest moment has nothing to do with a swing, score or achievement. It was more about an experience.

I'd played golf during my teens with my dad, uncle and grandfather. We used to play together in a four some at every holiday. I took about 10 years off from the game and got back into it a couple of years ago. During that time, the three of them played, but it gradually turned into a twosome between my father and uncle.

Once I started back, my grandfather decided to play with us to get one more round in with his kids and grandchild (me). At the time, he was over 90 and had arthritis in his left hip (possibly from playing golf). He has an extremely high pain tolerance, but had to pick up about #17. Regardless, he gutted it out big time.

It turns out that that this will be the last round that my grandfather will play. His arthritis has only gotten worse and his mobility is even further reduced. Knowing that he played through that pain just to be with his family (and me) was a very special experience.

Playing with my dad where he is a member and I was a junior member there is a par 5 and the challenge was to hit the green in two going driver 2 iron. Boom pulled it off I loved that 2 iron and he has never hit the green in two to this day. It was really cool to see his face of disbelief.

Also taking my wife out for her first round ever. Loved watching her joy when she it a good one and the lack of understanding and excitement when she got her first par.

My first 300 yard drive. I haven't done it much since, but I still remember the feeling I had when I saw how far my ball actually went! (noting that it was a level elevation hole.)

The first time I out drove my Dad. Was his proudest moment too.

Whenever I don't lose a ball. Suckers are expensive.

That's easy....I have shot some great scores, I have made eagles and 3 hole in ones

BUT

My proudest golf moment has to be representing Callaway, Bridgestone and the amazing members of THP for the last 2 years in the Morgan Cup!

This summer when I shot my PB 76. I was sick, it was like 95 degrees but I had a day off in the middle of the week so I said screw it I'm playing 18. Granted its a short course, but I was on fire that day. Haven't come close since haha.

For contrast, last summer I nuked one from what I thought was a plugged lie uphill about 150 with my 9i (usually carry it about 125-130) and into the clubhouse viewing window. There was an international meeting there that day with some bigshots inside the clubhouse from literally all over the world. As I approached the green I could hear what sounded like a bag of chips being crinkled. Turns out it was the 16 foot window slowly shattering before everyone's eyes. They stopped their meeting and decided to film me and the window on their iphones and what not. Yay me.

Two moments immediately come to mind:

1) When I first tried to play golf, maybe 11 or 12 years old. I went with my dad and brother to play while we were on vacation in Hilton Head. I cannot remember the course, but I remember the shot that got me hooked on golf. I was about 150 yards away, and I had to carry water in front of the green. I hit a solid 5i that carried everything and landed on the green. Amazing shot, and I knew I was going to play golf from that moment forward.

2) I remember shooting even par with my dad the summer after college. I was actually three under at the turn, but my nerves got the best of me and I was +1 after 16. I sank a pretty long birdie putt on 17 to get to even, and I just lipped out another birdie putt on 18. It was the best round of golf I've ever played with my dad at his home course, and I remember it fondly. I've had the opportunity to play at some pretty fantastic courses with him, but that is the round that I usually think of when I think about times playing with my dad. Just an awesome round of golf.

Back