SeeMore SPi Cyber Coach

Love the results you're getting Erik! I've finally gotten into a routine of putting a couple days a week and I'm still loving my SeeMore.

Nice to hear you are back at it buddy.

Howzat,
Questions for you as your season winds down.
How much more confidence to you have standing over a 5-8 ft putt?
What is the biggest change from a physical stand point you have made?

Howzat,
Questions for you as your season winds down.
How much more confidence to you have standing over a 5-8 ft putt?
What is the biggest change from a physical stand point you have made?

It is night and day. I expect to make the putts from 5-8 ft now. Besides getting the posture and stroke things fixed, I really have a solid routine to thank for that. One of the things I discussed with Ben is trying to be more "athletic" and reacting to the putt. Golf is such a unique sport because the ball is standing still. The routine allows be to read the putt and then react to the shot vs. over thinking it. I hope that makes sense.

I don't think there has been a major change from a physical standpoint, just some minor tweaks with major results. Soleing the putter with my right hand and then stepping into my stance has helped my alignment. Making sure my shoulders are back and the putter is running up my forearms has smoothed out my stroke. Working with a metronome has given me better rhythm and a trigger for the stroke. I am actually experimenting with some breathing exercises right now as well. I never thought I would get this in depth with my putting but it has been a lot of fun.

I got some great feedback from coach Ben today on some videos I shot. Overall I have come a long way but my balance is a little off and it is affecting my stroke. I am on my heels a little and need to get into a more athletic stance. Ben recommended some balance drills and to continue using the putting profressor. I will concentrate on these drills the rest of the week and see if I can get these little issues worked out.

I got some great feedback from coach Ben today on some videos I shot. Overall I have come a long way but my balance is a little off and it is affecting my stroke. I am on my heels a little and need to get into a more athletic stance. Ben recommended some balance drills and to continue using the putting profressor. I will concentrate on these drills the rest of the week and see if I can get these little issues worked out.

Howzat - thanks for sharing the information - hope you are finding that the cyber coaching is not difficult going back and forth with Ben. Thanks again for your help!

Howzat - thanks for sharing the information - hope you are finding that the cyber coaching is not difficult going back and forth with Ben. Thanks again for your help!

Not at all. The software is very easy to use and Ben is very quick to get back to me. Not just with a note but typically a video, which for me makes the learning so much easier. I was thinking to myself earlier today that even if I had a local instructor, I find this much easier and far more convenient than having to schedule a regular time for lessons.

Very interesting and clearly progress is being made. I have two questions for you as I am finding this entire thread absolutely fascinating.

1. Mentally, do you find that more confidence is there due to the instruction and work being put in?

2. With the above being said, do you find that every single putt has a chance?

The two questions kind of go hand in hand, but I think its important as I have played with many a person that is very much interested in just being around the hole.

I just wanted to say how much I loved this thread - I can't belive I missed it when Erik first posted it! And I just wanted to echo that I've seen similar results since I started practicing more.

Since I did my SPi training, I recently purchased a Birdieball green and have been practicing a lot at home. I realized how easy it is to get into bad habits again, so all of the info here is gonna be great to keep me improving!

I also am hoping that - since putting is so easy to practice indoors, and since it's pretty tough to do full swing training here over the winter - this will pay big dividends right off the bat once the golf season starts here.

To answer JB's questions, I am so much more confident than before. I never expected to make long putts; I just hoped not to 3-putt. Now (or at least at the end of this fall season), I do expect to make anything from the 20-25 foot range. I know chances are I won't, but when I line up my putt, I visualize the ball tracking right into the hole, and I feel pretty confident that it's going to happen. I concur with Erik in that I am much more confident that I can be aggressive and if I'm past the hole, I can make the come-backer.

I'm going to keep better track of my putts this season & use the data to record my improvement. And I'm also going to see if I can rig up a home-made Putting Professor, so I'll let you know how that goes if it works out.

Thanks again Erik, JMan, and all the other SeeMore SPi users (and to SeeMore too! Friends for life, I think.)

Good thoughts Grins. I have never been so excited for a golf season as I am in 2014. I really think the instruction and solid plan for practice will not only help my putting but take some pressure off the rest of my game.

Good thoughts Grins. I have never been so excited for a golf season as I am in 2014. I really think the instruction and solid plan for practice will not only help my putting but take some pressure off the rest of my game.

I hear you! As a high handicapper, I figure this is one of the easiest ways to drop my HC quickly (and hopefully qualify for the Morgan Cup - yeah!). But given how much is posted here about practice/game improvement/etc., I bet not many golfers really practice putting with purpose like you are doing now. So maybe all levels would see this as the most effective way to get better, simply because for most, it's relatively uncharted territory (I mean, other than buying/trying new putters). I also know that I'm much, much better at putting now - even not using a SeeMore flatstick. To me, this is real proof that these methods work & are universal.

Wow, just found this thread, very cool!

As a recent convert to SeeMore, will be keeping an eye on this.

Howzat looking to follow in your footsteps here. Just looking for some fellow #crewofcobra info.
Simplest question is, did the results prove worth the money? Was one month a good foundation or does it take more?

Howzat looking to follow in your footsteps here. Just looking for some fellow #crewofcobra info.
Simplest question is, did the results prove worth the money? Was one month a good foundation or does it take more?

The simple answer is yes, I think the results I have seen and where I expect my game will be in the spring are worth the cost. In hindsight there are a few things that I would make sure you have before signing up:

1. The ability to get outside and play on a regular basis. Some of the best feedback you can give your instructor on your progress is from playing actual rounds. If you only get a chance to play once a week, there won't be much feedback to really help your instructor pinpoint all your issues.

2. I would plan on a minimum of 3 months to really see the full benefits of the program. I was only about 6 weeks in or so when winter hit. I was very happy with where my putting was at that point but I was only about half way through the initial plan that my instructor had laid out for me.

3. I would buy some training aids prior to starting the lessons. It will take some time to make sure your set-up is right. Making sure you are in the right position may seem easy but to train your body to get in the same position takes time and is something I still work on daily. Having the right tools at the start will make this easier. The hard part is knowing what to have. I would recommend a plane board, SeeMore triangulator, alignment sticks (driveway markers work fine), and some type of mirror (a cd will work) at a minimum. It will also be important to have the ability to practice at home, so some type of indoor putting surface.

4. Video is the best way to communicate. It will be important to be able to film yourself or have someone film you on almost a daily basis. If you have an iPhone the edufii system that is used to communicate with your instructor makes it very easy to upload video. I think they are still working on an android version.

I do plan on starting up again in the spring. It is expensive and I can't afford to do it on a regular basis but I will likely continue to do is for short stretches of time. Ben is terrific to work with. In the end like most things, you will get out of it what you put in. If you are willing to work on something everyday, Ben will be right there to help and challenge you. I know I got a little long winded but please feel free to fire away if you have more questions.

Wow. Thank you very much for the detailed answer. Im definitely going to start a talk with an instructor when spring hit.
I definitely apprecite the heads up about the training aids. As the weather isnt optimal for me to play regularly ill start collecting some of the items you mentioned.

The simple answer is yes, I think the results I have seen and where I expect my game will be in the spring are worth the cost. In hindsight there are a few things that I would make sure you have before signing up:

1. The ability to get outside and play on a regular basis. Some of the best feedback you can give your instructor on your progress is from playing actual rounds. If you only get a chance to play once a week, there won't be much feedback to really help your instructor pinpoint all your issues.

2. I would plan on a minimum of 3 months to really see the full benefits of the program. I was only about 6 weeks in or so when winter hit. I was very happy with where my putting was at that point but I was only about half way through the initial plan that my instructor had laid out for me.

3. I would buy some training aids prior to starting the lessons. It will take some time to make sure your set-up is right. Making sure you are in the right position may seem easy but to train your body to get in the same position takes time and is something I still work on daily. Having the right tools at the start will make this easier. The hard part is knowing what to have. I would recommend a plane board, SeeMore triangulator, alignment sticks (driveway markers work fine), and some type of mirror (a cd will work) at a minimum. It will also be important to have the ability to practice at home, so some type of indoor putting surface.

4. Video is the best way to communicate. It will be important to be able to film yourself or have someone film you on almost a daily basis. If you have an iPhone the edufii system that is used to communicate with your instructor makes it very easy to upload video. I think they are still working on an android version.

I do plan on starting up again in the spring. It is expensive and I can't afford to do it on a regular basis but I will likely continue to do is for short stretches of time. Ben is terrific to work with. In the end like most things, you will get out of it what you put in. If you are willing to work on something everyday, Ben will be right there to help and challenge you. I know I got a little long winded but please feel free to fire away if you have more questions.

Great info. I too am looking into this. I guess I should hold off until I can regulary get outside

After watching Howzat on the course today, I will be signing up for this in the next few months. The dramatic change in his putting is absolutely crazy including 1 putting 3 straight greens from more than 10 feet and believing he will make anything inside of 15 feet.

SeeMore SPi Cyber Coach

I've been thinking about this for a good while now, I think my former instructor is actually a cyber coach as well which could be insanely nice to start working with again.

Erik's results and journey with SPi are just flat out awesome.

I've been thinking about this for a good while now, I think my former instructor is actually a cyber coach as well which could be insanely nice to start working with again.

Erik's results and journey with SPi are just flat out awesome.

I can honestly say I have never seen a turnaround in putting like I have with Howzat. Flat out astonishing.

After watching Howzat on the course today, I will be signing up for this in the next few months. The dramatic change in his putting is absolutely crazy including 1 putting 3 straight greens from more than 10 feet and believing he will make anything inside of 15 feet.

IIRC you have already taken the SPi course, would you say this is a better delivery system or are you interested because of the reinforcement to what you already know in a long term manner?

IIRC you have already taken the SPi course, would you say this is a better delivery system or are you interested because of the reinforcement to what you already know in a long term manner?

Im not sure that you could call my lessons "a SPi course" as I was instructed by SeeMore directly (and Pat O'Brien), but never been to a regular SPi instructor. But while I normally always believe live lessons beat online lessons (and by a huge margin), with putting I think the breakdown is different and because the lie is the same (generally speaking), the club is the same and the stroke should be the same (no ball movement), I think online could be a huge asset.

I can honestly say I have never seen a turnaround in putting like I have with Howzat. Flat out astonishing.

It's just flat out astounding to me, as a die hard SPi guy, the head on devotion Erik has had is pretty freaking awesome to have seen.

I was very skeptical of online lessons. Today really validated cyber lessons for me. I also plan to start back up in a month or two.

Im not sure that you could call my lessons "a SPi course" as I was instructed by SeeMore directly (and Pat O'Brien), but never been to a regular SPi instructor. But while I normally always believe live lessons beat online lessons (and by a huge margin), with putting I think the breakdown is different and because the lie is the same (generally speaking), the club is the same and the stroke should be the same (no ball movement), I think online could be a huge asset.

Ok, that helps some. I am obviously looking forward to the THP SeeMore trip but am considering some kind of follow up afterwards and since Pat is local that was high on my list. Would you say that your preference would be this method instead of the 1 lesson with Pat as follow up?

Ok, that helps some. I am obviously looking forward to the THP SeeMore trip but am considering some kind of follow up afterwards and since Pat is local that was high on my list. Would you say that your preference would be this method instead of the 1 lesson with Pat as follow up?

I honestly don't know. Pat O'Brien is a brilliant instructor. I think it would depend on how much work needs to be done.

Pat is so good. I will take a lesson from he and Ted some day, mark it down.

Back