2014 THP Events - Announcement Thread

That's 4 events so far that I have a chance of making...... Between the TM Ultimate Club Testing, Ocean City, Hilton Head and then a trip to the Morgan Cup, even if it's as a volunteer, it should be a great year for me. I just hope the scheduling works for me.
I'm a west coast guy through and through. But the one thing you east coast guys have on us is proximity. I looked it up - your drive to the Ultimate Testing would leave me 100 miles short of getting to SF. Stupid west and its wide open spaces :)

The events all look great. I look forward to making it to a couple myself. #goodtimesbyall

Hmmm....Ocean City, Maryland....never been there, might be a good reason to visit

Good stuff man, you can fly into either DC or Baltimore and get there very easily. A number of great courses in the area so happy that THP is making the trip near my area.

I love seeing these events spread out enough that its hard for anyone to not be within driving distance of at lease one event.

Unless you live in the west, where I'd venture to say most of us are not. As T4K said, the proximity between cities and towns is a definite benefit to being out east. I'll take our scenery any day though! :D

To be clear, I'm not complaining. JB and GG do an incredible job of getting out to tons of different areas, for sure - the country is just too darn big to get everywhere! It's fine for me though, I say it gives us westerners the chance to focus our energies (and most importantly in my case, vacation time) on the destination type events.

Love the last location. OC is a great location with a lot of good golf. I will be making as many of these as I can, and this one is closest, so I'm in.

Ocean City! Awesome, I am definitely in for that one mark it down right now!

I suspect we'll have a good turnout from DMV'ers

I have a few buddies that are Members here it don't post a lot. I'm sure they will be all over this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a west coast guy through and through. But the one thing you east coast guys have on us is proximity. I looked it up - your drive to the Ultimate Testing would leave me 100 miles short of getting to SF. Stupid west and its wide open spaces :)

The events all look great. I look forward to making it to a couple myself. #goodtimesbyall

Yeah, the Ultimate Testing is the furthest away from me as well, and is about 500 miles. Caledonia is 125 miles away, but I can be in North Myrtle in 1.5 hours using the back road shortcuts. Ocean City is 380 miles and Hilton Head is 240 miles.

It's a great year to be in Southeast NC and a THPer, that's for sure.

It us all good. No complaining, just a little envious :)

Ocean City! Awesome, I am definitely in for that one mark it down right now!

TheCreast - Maybe we can get a carpool from the DC area.

I have played Links at Lighthouse Sound, Bayside Resort, and Rum Pointe.

All very good courses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very cool and diverse set of locations for the invitationals. Depending on dates I'm going to try to make at least 2!

Looks like Indy will be the only one that is drivable, but I may have to try and fly to one I do have a voucher burning a hole in my pocket!

What an awesome list of events and venues. Spaced out for all to take part in. This is going to be one heck of a year as a 1st time AC Member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That calendar is getting rather filled.
You wont have to wait too much longer for the entire events calendar with all of the details.

OC and Hilton head are on the radar right now for me, plus with the TM ultimate testing and the possibility of the MC, it could be a full year. Depends on where I live at the time of each event tough lol.

OC and Hilton head are on the radar right now for me, plus with the TM ultimate testing and the possibility of the MC, it could be a full year. Depends on where I live at the time of each event tough lol.

Trout, I'd love to meet you! Come to OC!

TheCreast - Maybe we can get a carpool from the DC area.

I have played Links at Lighthouse Sound, Bayside Resort, and Rum Pointe.

All very good courses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Absolutely! I can't wait to hear when it will be so I can start to make plans. So pumped it is going to be so close to home for some of us THP'ers

You wont have to wait too much longer for the entire events calendar with all of the details.

Laughin'...... these little teasers keep bouncing around in my head, No wonder I'm up at these odd hours.

Absolutely! I can't wait to hear when it will be so I can start to make plans. So pumped it is going to be so close to home for some of us THP'ers

Looking forward to seeing you again dude.

Trout, I'd love to meet you! Come to OC!

Same here dude, I have a ton of family in MD so it's on the short list of events to get in to. Plus I know most of the courses and I'm in serious need of some good crab soup and jumbo crabs lol.

It will certainly be an impressive list to stare at when it's all said and done.

Let me start this post with an apology to mikedean441. The dude has worked his tail off for you guys for 2014. When you see the final calendar, with all of the events lined up, what each event is and the cost they are, just click the thanks button on one of his posts and buy him a beer if you get the pleasure of meeting him.

If you sit back for a second and think about what this is, what people are seeing and what is going on, its pretty darn outstanding. Now please do not follow up this post with a "way to go thp" or "way to go mikedean", because that is not what its about. This thread is about the event announcements and we will have some big ones coming up in the next couple of days, but I digress.

One of the issues that those around me have in working for me is that when it comes to planning for 2014, it has to be perfect. Every detail has to be perfect and poor MD, is stuck planning things that we have never done before, that he does not even know the full details of and every time I change my mind or switch directions on him at a moments notice. Take last night for example. Not only did I switch directions on him for an event, I switched states, ideas, costs and the whole thing. He simply rolled with it and is tweaking it now and looking at options.

When you sit back and are looking at the 2014 calendar and thinking "man, why dont they come near me" or "Man, I am on the fence, that is 3 hours away", just remember what went into these. This will be the most impressive group of events ever assembled by an online media presence. Its not about patting our backs or anything else, because frankly we dont do it for us. We do it for a lot of reasons, but most of all because it needs to be done.

Good luck in 2014 everybody, these events wont be around forever, but they are coming next year and we hope you enjoy the calendar, because looking at it right now, its downright impressive.

I've said this before and I will say it again. Traveling to the different areas to meet up with THPers is what makes these so special. Making the commitment to the family. I know that for some it's afinancial
hardship and I totally understand that. But, if you plan far enough ahead, and do the legwork I think most will find that there is an event that is doable. My fondest memories in golf were made with THP as the back drop. I would of never made so many friends that have the same beliefs and passions for the game, one another and life with out THP BEING and DOING WHAT WE DO.

I've said this before and I will say it again. Traveling to the different areas to meet up with THPers is what makes these so special. Making the commitment to the family. I know that for some it's afinancial
hardship and I totally understand that. But, if you plan far enough ahead, and do the legwork I think most will find that there is an event that is doable. My fondest memories in golf were made with THP as the back drop. I would of never made so many friends that have the same beliefs and passions for the game, one another and life with out THP BEING and DOING WHAT WE DO.

Very well said!
THP is a powerful place, it simply changes lives, touches people on different levels.
THP is a golf website to some, but so much more to others. THP is whatever you want to make it.

I've chosen to put myself out there, to meet new people, and attend events. I am so glad I did! I've met some of the most amazing people I know.
THP to me is is a very special place.

It's true,here we don't just play golf we live it!

All these events are what helped me get into the biggest looser and wanting to become a single digit handicap. I am getting better at golf and have put my foot down as far as my regimen. I do not know if this is the right thread for this sorry if it is not. But this is motivating me not only to get down to a single digit handicap but also get back into shape. I think these both go hand and hand. I am working my tail off and some of my goals right now are due to all these announcements. Thank you to all who are putting in the hard work on these.

I have no doubt the final 2014 THP calendar is going to blow us all away, even what we've seen so far is truly amazing, and it only keeps getting better and better!

Back