Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Got rid of prince and got money!?!?
Yep, they arent covering any of his contract, getting a lower priced player, and getting payed $30 million. Now Miggy can move back to first and make room for castellanos at 3b. Kinsler will take infantes place when he left for fa. I really like this move as long as kinsler doesnt ruin the clubhouse like he has in the past.

Yep, they arent covering any of his contract, getting a lower priced player, and getting payed $30 million. Now Miggy can move back to first and make room for castellanos at 3b. Kinsler will take infantes place when he left for fa. I really like this move as long as kinsler doesnt ruin the clubhouse like he has in the past.

He didn't ruin the clubhouse. He was upset at having to change positions though

Huge deal for the Tigers. Enough room to resign Scherzer and beef up their infield defense. Now only if we can improve our bullpen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree now they can work on getting a bullpen in place.

Looking at Prince's deal. It was awful. It's amazing that the tigers got out from under it.

The Tigers shed that contact, got money back, protect Cabrera's legs with a move back to 1B and improve their D. WOW.

I think Kinsler is overrated. I'd guess Texas will plug Profar in at 2B and their lineup will get a jolt post Hamilton from Prince. It has to hurt to send 30 large but this looks like a good deal for them (too).

This will let Detroit not only sign Sherzer, but Miggy in 2 years. It was one or the other with Prince, now both without. Prince at the Rangers short porch in right is going to be deadly I think. But I've been wrong before.

Kinsler new Tigers leadoff hitter?

Drop Jackson to the 5 or 6 hole?

See I am seeing Rangers get the 30 million which would make much more sense

Yep...multiple sources are the Rangers get 30M from Tigers. This is a win/win for both sides.

Do we know what was left on Kinsler's contract? With Profar ready and Andrus at SS, Kinsler was expendable.

Not that he should need it, but Fielder will have some extra motivation next years. Like TH said - that short porch in right will be tempting.

Do we know what was left on Kinsler's contract? With Profar ready and Andrus at SS, Kinsler was expendable.

Not that he should need it, but Fielder will have some extra motivation next years. Like TH said - that short porch in right will be tempting.

Kinsler is under contract till 2018 and is due $57M over the next 4 seasons. Kinsler was the odd man out here in Texas and I'm happy that he's going to find a home to keep playing in the infield. It was going to get bad if they asked him to play outfield next year.

Kinsler is under contract till 2018 and is due $57M over the next 4 seasons. Kinsler was the odd man out here in Texas and I'm happy that he's going to find a home to keep playing in the infield. It was going to get bad if they asked him to play outfield next year.

Agreed. Kinsler has given the Rangers some great years and deserves to continue playing in the infield somewhere else.

So the Rangers are getting $30 million from Tigers and shedding $57 million in Kinsler. Suddenly taking on Fielder's contract isn't too bad.

Agreed. Kinsler has given the Rangers some great years and deserves to continue playing in the infield somewhere else.

So the Rangers are getting $30 million from Tigers and shedding $57 million in Kinsler. Suddenly taking on Fielder's contract isn't too bad.

Win win all around

Win win all around

Very excited about this trade. Rangers play in a band box and they need to field a great offense to take advantage of their park. Assuming Prince had an off year and it is not stage 1 of the decline, I see him bouncing back and taking advantage of the friendly confines at the Ballpark. Now we just need to add some pop in the outfield and a catcher. McCann + Choo and I'd be quite happy about 2014.

I like this trade for the Rangers, a lot. I actually liked Kinsler, but opening a spot up for Profar and adding a big power bat in the process really was a no brainer for this team. Looking forward to seeing if they can make the push this year.

In other news, as a Cardinals fan this is a bit disheartening because now we have no shot at Profar/Andrus. Anyone but Kozma at this point.

I like fielder. But the dude absolutely and completely disappears in the playoffs.

Saddle that with saving 76 million, and I think Dombrowski fleeced Texas.
Fielder will do well, the short field may help, but I'm glad Detroit doesn't have to pay that contract!

I like fielder. But the dude absolutely and completely disappears in the playoffs.

Fielder will do well, the short field may help, but I'm glad Detroit doesn't have to pay that contract!

I think it will benefit both teams, moves Cabrera away from 3rd base which is a huge deal since he is an awful 3rd baseman, and it makes the Tigers better defensively while saving them money. Time will tell with Prince. he still has 7 years left on his contract.

Basically getting Fielder for about $19M a season for the next 7 years. If he was a FA this year he would command much more than that a year and would get it. They get ride of Kinslers $15M a year in the process. This couldn't have gone any better for the Rangers. Yes, come crunch time and playoff time he crumbles then we might be saying different. But today, it's a good deal for both clubs. The great thing about it is the Rangers are about to become infused with cash for the FOX TV deal and will still have $$$$ to get another 1 or 2 FA's this year and still be in the running for Price. Jedi Master Daniels is no dummy like the guy over in Valley Ranch.

I like this trade for the Rangers, a lot. I actually liked Kinsler, but opening a spot up for Profar and adding a big power bat in the process really was a no brainer for this team. Looking forward to seeing if they can make the push this year.

In other news, as a Cardinals fan this is a bit disheartening because now we have no shot at Profar/Andrus. Anyone but Kozma at this point.

Most likely though there is now a Cano rumor circulating that would enable a Profar trade to the Red Birds for Taveras. Don't see it happening but the hot stove isn't any fun without speculation.

Basically getting Fielder for about $19M a season for the next 7 years. If he was a FA this year he would command much more than that a year and would get it. They get ride of Kinslers $15M a year in the process. This couldn't have gone any better for the Rangers. Yes, come crunch time and playoff time he crumbles then we might be saying different. But today, it's a good deal for both clubs. The great thing about it is the Rangers are about to become infused with cash for the FOX TV deal and will still have $$$$ to get another 1 or 2 FA's this year and still be in the running for Price. Jedi Master Daniels is no dummy like the guy over in Valley Ranch.

They were talking about the trade on Sportscenter this morning and they made a great point at how much protection Fielder provided for Miggy in the batting order.

Unless the Tigers have a big bat to put right behind him in the lineup, Cabrera could be pitched around a lot next year. I know playoffs are a different story with Fielder, but the numbers with Fielder hitting right behind Cabrera during the regular season were impressive.

They were talking about the trade on Sportscenter this morning and they made a great point at how much protection Fielder provided for Miggy in the batting order.

Unless the Tigers have a big bat to put right behind him in the lineup, Cabrera could be pitched around a lot next year. I know playoffs are a different story with Fielder, but the numbers with Fielder hitting right behind Cabrera during the regular season were impressive.

Fielder, Beltre & Cruz at 3,4,5 might be exciting next year.

Most likely though there is now a Cano rumor circulating that would enable a Profar trade to the Red Birds for Taveras. Don't see it happening but the hot stove isn't any fun without speculation.

The Cardinals will not trade Taveras for Profar. No chance that will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back