Mizuno JPX-EZ Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review. I've never really considered Mizuno for a set of irons but these sound pretty sweet. Just from the review, the feel and forgiveness sound similar to the TM R11's I'm currently playing (even though the R11's are a couple years old).

Thanks for the in depth review. Very informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harmonic Impact Technology ... Wow, how can you not be drawn to a club described like that; and good looks too!

My impression, from the review, is of my Mizuno MP60s all grown up and dressed for the party. A high handicapper's first prom date. Sweet. Would be fun to give these a go.

Nice feedback Jake and about what I expected to hear of them. High, long, and forgiving. I like the transition in the cavity from the long irons to the short irons and also appreciate the 50* GW option that they have.

The copper looking finish is definitely pleasing to the eye.

N/A on the LH column.... again. looks like mizuno do not want my money

Great work on the review Jake. I know that you just blistered balls with these. I wish I would have got a chance to see it in person!
I like what I'm seeing and hearing here. I think the main detraction we saw from the other two Mizzie sets we reviewed was just an underwhelming amount of distance. It looks like this set offered plenty of it though and that's something I certainly can appreciate. Not sold on the orange badging, but the rest of the iron looks good to me. Definitely a set I'd like to try out one of these days.

Nice review. As Hawk said very interesting to hear about the distance. Plus I like the look of that iron. Does anyone know why they do not make LH stuff? I am not but curious as to why they do that?

Nice review Jake, as always. Nice looking irons. Gotsta have the set matching GW. Glad to here these Mizunos produced more distance.

Nice review. As Hawk said very interesting to hear about the distance. Plus I like the look of that iron. Does anyone know why they do not make LH stuff? I am not but curious as to why they do that?

They do, just not in every set.

Great stuff Jake. I experienced much of the same when I had the chance to play these for a round. They definitely explode off the face, and in a great way.

Yet another set of irons to add to the ponder list. Nice review!

Very good review. I have never really thought of Mizuno as a major player in the golf industry but it looks like they are changing that type of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a big Mizuno fan. I am not sure I have ever hit anything they have offered. They look like something I could hit though, and your thoughts have me thinking about giving them a good look.

My girlfriend took a liking to my Pings after I had them reshafted so I was thinking about picking up another set of them and having them reshafted so she could have a set aswell until I came across these. Tried them out and really liked them, I got my set with the 4 and 5 JPX EZ Fli Hi hybrids and then 6-PW in the irons, regular flex True Temper XP 105's. I love how the Fli VI's are also shafted with the XP 105's, to make for more easier distance gapping. These are the real deal and I think the pictures I've seen of them do them no justice. They look huge in the pics I've seen but to me they're more of a mid size iron, perhaps about the same size as a Taylormade Rocketblade iron. I also think the smokey dark finish they have helps them look a bit darker from address, if anyone is interested I'd be happy to give updates as I play them. I'll say this, they make things much EZ-er for me getting around the course.

Played my first round with these today and they were amazing. I see they're not getting much thought from you guys judging by the replies to this thread vs the new Taylormade Speedblades or the Callaway Apex irons but I beg you guys to atleast give these a thought and a chance if you're in the market for new irons because these are my new babies, lol so easy to hit and they look great at address coming from my G10's. Really solid, great performing irons. Easy to hit and super forgiving on miss hits.

I'm definitely with you BM60, these are on my short list and I'm surprised they don't get more love.

As of right now, they're my dirty little secret and personal weapon. I played with my clubs pro today and he kept commenting on how well these suited me and he was even impressed with them when he hit a few balls with them on the range. They may be cast but they feel awesome and the stock True Temper XP105's are a great match with these heads.

I've been looking at these for awhile now. I need to try some out for sure. I will probably upgrade my irons this spring and these are at the top of the test out list!

BM60, please keep us updated! Love hearing your comments as a full time user.

BM60, please keep us updated! Love hearing your comments as a full time user.

Will do partner! The updates maybe kinda stretched out in between work and all the rainy wintery mess we've been dealing with, but every time I get out with them I'll give some thoughts. Basically, if the weather is rainy or icey on Saturdays or Sundays I'm kinda SOL,lol

As of right now, they're my dirty little secret and personal weapon. I played with my clubs pro today and he kept commenting on how well these suited me and he was even impressed with them when he hit a few balls with them on the range. They may be cast but they feel awesome and the stock True Temper XP105's are a great match with these heads.

Why did I think these were also forged? In any case, every time I go into the store I look at these. I love the way they look and they feel a bit more on the heavy side which I always like, just have not hit them yet. After what you have to say about them, I will make a point of it next time I'm in the store!!! Glad you are enjoying them.

Why did I think these were also forged? In any case, every time I go into the store I look at these. I love the way they look and they feel a bit more on the heavy side which I always like, just have not hit them yet. After what you have to say about them, I will make a point of it next time I'm in the store!!! Glad you are enjoying them.

Well, they also have the EZ Forged but I never really messed with those. I do love the heavy feel as well, it really helps me stay in tempo much better. I also love the JPX Fli Hi's that came with the set, the 4 was money off the tee for me today. I didn't hit my 4 or 5 off the fairway any today but I liked what I saw on the range with them. See if they have any of those in to try out as well, I'll throw up a few pics when I get a chance because they are different than the JPX EZ Hybrid. They compliment the set really well. But if anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them. I love being able to help anyone out when I get a chance.

Even as a younger (23?) guy, i don't like the badging or color scheme all that much.

Not enough to completely not consider them but I like to love the look of my irons.

Even as a younger (23?) guy, i don't like the badging or color scheme all that much.

Not enough to completely not consider them but I like to love the look of my irons.

Enjoy that youth! One day you reach for a dropped put and your back goes :bomb: ...

I agree with the color scheme. I wish Mizuno had stayed with the blue scheme of the last few years.

Back