Where do you store your clubs?

In the corner of the garage. Never have had any problems with the clubs due to climate/temperature change.

Being as I play year round, mine stay in the car except when I bring them inside to clean. My car stays in the garage and I really don't use it much other than short trips and golf trips.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

I've noticed quite a few people have mentioned not leaving them in the garage in case the door gets left opened. How often do people do that? I always close mine. Even if I am just mowing the front yard and will be in sight of the garage doors every minute or so.

We even put the garage door opener on lock (turned off) whenever both cars are here.

We leave our door open any time we are home. We only close it when we are not at home or at night when we sleep.

We leave our door open any time we are home. We only close it when we are not at home or at night when we sleep.

OK, How often do people do that accidentally?

I have a storage shed/garage that is separate from my house and stays locked at all times. (The garage that is connected to my house where we park our everyday cars stays opened virtually all the time, but there is nothing in it but cars.)

I have a setup in the storage building with all of my golfing related items, but after reading this thread I'm getting a little worried about my equipment getting too hot.

Club location in the winter

Club location in the winter

For those of us that have to wait for the snow to melt to play again I was wondering where you put your clubs. Do you store them in the cold garage or keep them inside? Is there any harm that can be done to the clubs by keeping them in the garage all winter. I tried to keep them in our king sized bed but the wife wasn't having it for some reason.

For those of us that have to wait for the snow to melt to play again I was wondering where you put your clubs. Do you store them in the cold garage or keep them inside? Is there any harm that can be done to the clubs by keeping them in the garage all winter. I tried to keep them in our king sized bed but the wife wasn't having it for some reason.

I'll probably put mine in the laundry room in our basement. Where the washer, dryer, water heater, water softener, furnace, all that crap is. I'll need them down there anyways to practice putting!

Lol our wives sound the same. I personally keep mine in a spare closet. It's not really good for the clubs to be going through extreme temperature changes and if there is one thing about Cleveland weather, all you have to do is wait 10 minutes and it's changed. It can go from 50 and sunny to 20 and snow in a heart beat all winter. But for the most part, it's brutally cold from December to late February so I try to keep the clubs inside during that time

Mine stay in my spare room until I carry them to the garage while using my net and mat. But back to the room they go when I'm finished until the next time.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Mine will go down in the basement with my putting green this weekend. Right now I just can't bring myself to take them out of the living room, as I having a really hard time admitting that the golf season is over for a couple of months.

Currently they're still in the trunk of my car (wishful thinking). They'll probably go in the basement. I also got a staff bag this year for my overflow. Organizing the basement will be one of my winter projects.

Mine are kept in my living room off to the side with my putting green. Once I get the extra bedroom set up how I want it, the putting green, clubs and extra clubs will all be kept in there....The golf room :)

Mine stay right in the living room. I'll hit practice balls on the living room all winter...when my pup is either sleeping or outside (he doesn't chase the balls, but attacks the clubs).

House for sure....I like to putt and chip around during the winter if I am watching TV or something. The wife thinks I am nuts but I don't even leave them in the car after a round during summer.

Inside for sure, mine have a permanent spot in the basement year round, I don't like leaving them in the garage or the trunk of my car.

Mine always come inside the house during the winter.

Some garages have problems with high moisture/humidity. I know my father in law has this problem and I don't even chance it in mine. This could lead to rusting on the heads/metal shafts.

Spare bedroom staying warm, I'll just go in and keep them company from time to time, maybe tuck them in each night.

5 feet from where I sleep. I can keep an eye on them keeps them warm and I can pull a club when danger presents itself.

We keep our clubs in the garage 396 unless we're using them.

Always in the house. I have a golf organizer by the door so I'm always ready to go. I also keep my wedges & putter in the second living room from time to time if I'm practicing my carpet chipping or putting.

mines stay in the heated garage.

During the summer they are in the trunk. In the winter, once I finally give up on the weather, they get properly cleaned up and stay in the house with me.

I've actually skimmed this thread due to available time...but does temperature affect club performance and longevity? I have always stored mine in the garage for the winter, but may need to rethink that should cold weather have an impact on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the basement most of the time, especially during the winter months, and in my trunk in the summer months.

In the trunk year round. Only a handful if weeks where they can't be used, so it's like my Amex, I don't leave home without them.

iPhone 5 Tappin

Back