Where do you store your clubs?

In the trunk year round. Only a handful if weeks where they can't be used, so it's like my Amex, I don't leave home without them.

iPhone 5 Tappin

This is me. I play too many sporadic rounds to leave them at home.

I've actually skimmed this thread due to available time...but does temperature affect club performance and longevity? I have always stored mine in the garage for the winter, but may need to rethink that should cold weather have an impact on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No scientist and sorry to sound like I'm giving a science lesson but here is what happens.

The biggest of any issue for storing anything is condensation. It is more so an issue in stand alone sheds and detached garages and why sheds are not always the best storage for a lot of things.

What happens is that as it gets cooler at night (in any season) of course the structure and eventually everything inside also gets colder. As the sun rises and the ambient temperature begins to rise it also rises in the structure but the items inside (especially metal ones) stay cold for quite some time. With items now being colder than the surrounding air, moisture will condense on those items. Just like putting a glass of cold water on the table or waking up on a dry morning but notice as you head out that all the cars are soaked like as if it rained. The air is warmer but the cars are still cold.

In general attached garages don't suffer this problem as bad. That's due to a couple things. The house heat does transfer through the connecting wall which helps and the garage may even be connected on two sides in some homes. Overall the temp changes are much slower giving the metals a chance to catch up vs in a detached garage or shed standing by itself, exposed on all sides, and with no heat transfer at all. The temp changes are then much faster but as said the objects are still very cold.

So If you find things in your garage are always wet in the mornings then I would move them but if its not the case too often at all then don't worry about it.

BTW this is also happening to those who keep them in their car trunks.

I really shouldnt leave them in my trunk but golf at moments notice is important!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I keep mine indoors all year long and will put them somewhere out of the way.

I really shouldnt leave them in my trunk but golf at moments notice is important!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Insure them buddy! Cost about $20-$30 a year to feel good about that.

they are in the back of the SUV you never know when the call/text will come....tee off 1:00 at "insert Golf Course name"

They sit on the first landing of the stairs to the basement. Out of the way and out of the cold, but easy access should the occasional non-frigid day pop up.

Right where I can keep an eye on them, THP and the golf channel.
eY2NfRwwj-kSEjSFdDhP9b4-miaAcyLf-PLciex2UE0=w320-h207-p-no

I keep mine in the garage all year around when not playing golf.

Right now, I store mine in my living room, so when I'm practicing putting, my putter is right there.

When I get my platform made , they will be in my garage, but my garage is heated. So it works.

Leave them in the car, except to clean them or for travel. Figure any theft would be covered but after reading a few of these posts maybe I should give my insurance guy a call

Mine stay in a corner in my closet with my youngest ones clubs in the other corner. Wife and I have separate closets so not an issue there, is a little bit of a pain lugging them in and out of the house, but ceiling is tall enough to be able to work on something (practice swings-have not convinced the wife of a net and optishot in the bedroom yet) before bed, so I can just walk to the closet and pull a club.

Usually they are in my trunk. Never had a problem with anything from +35 to -35, that's Celsius.

Mine live in a corner of my office/studio/man cave, it's getting pretty cramped in there nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep mine in my office at the house.

In a storage closet in our carport.

Almost always in the garage

I typically store them in the garage, but have been keeping them in my car for a little while. I need to bring them in.

I have a locker at my club.

The back of my Tahoe is a golf locker, clubs, shoes, outerwear, umbrellas, everything is loaded and ready to roll. (I play 5-7 days every week.)

I keep them in a spare bedroom on a golf rack I bought that holds the bag, balls and like 4 pairs of shoes.
In the garage or car they have a better chance of getting damaged/stolen.
That's a good excuse anyway...

Back