DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping the below, looking for confirmations.

And I'm not gonna lie: temps will be low 40's with cold north winds. Not ideal but I will still play if others choose to!

Meadowbrook located at 30 & 820 in east FW.

Sunday, 11/24 - 8:07am & 8:15am

1) #cookie
2) afwcardinal
3) capt. Dru
4) Jman (maybe)
5) niteowl03 (maybe)
6) niteowl03 FIL (maybe)
7)
8)

Will cancel second time if not needed.

Count us out here Cookie, wives want sometime and 30* temps dont give lots of motivation right now!

Updated:

Meadowbrook located at 30 & 820 in east FW.

Sunday, 11/24 - 8:07am

1) #cookie
2) afwcardinal
3) capt. Dru
4) Jman (maybe)

Count us out here Cookie, wives want sometime and 30* temps dont give lots of motivation right now!

As cookie would say, "Man up"!

Just finished 36 holes at Luna Vista. I will give more details on the course tomorrow but let me say they did a great job in the makeover and it will be on my list of places to play now. Shot an 82 the first round.

Just finished 36 holes at Luna Vista. I will give more details on the course tomorrow but let me say they did a great job in the makeover and it will be on my list of places to play now. Shot an 82 the first round.
]

Thanks for sharing - keep hearing Billy Joe Dupree advertisements for it on The Ticket. Nice shooting.

Nice shoot'n Tex!

Weather for Sunday is looking a little bit better. Mid to upper 40s, still some wind, but no chance of rain as of what I just saw.

In honor of still playing, I think I need to buy a new club tomorrow.

Weather for Sunday is looking a little bit better. Mid to upper 40s, still some wind, but no chance of rain as of what I just saw.

In honor of still playing, I think I need to buy a new club tomorrow.

What about next Sunday! Ultimate showdown
#matchplay #cookieclose #dontcry

Want & need to #bein2places@once ;)

What about next Sunday! Ultimate showdown
#matchplay #cookieclose #dontcry

From the way you've been talking in some other threads, it sounds like you may need more than a week to get your game together.

#truth
#keepitcookieclose

From the way you've been talking in some other threads, it sounds like you may need more than a week to get your game together.

#truth
#keepitcookieclose

What_zps91f92ad0.gif

Hey guys, here in San Antonio for my sons A school graduation tomorrow. Wish I had time to play. What is up with all the highway patrol? Seems once I crossed into Texas they were everywhere. I'm sure I counted at least 20 maybe 30. Anything I need to know lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, here in San Antonio for my sons A school graduation tomorrow. Wish I had time to play. What is up with all the highway patrol? Seems once I crossed into Texas they were everywhere. I'm sure I counted at least 20 maybe 30. Anything I need to know lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

That's normal these days

Think you saw the wrong report. Sunday is going to be a very cold with sleet and snow possible

Looks like it changed on me a bit....again.

Current Sunday forecast, still doable!

ze4ery5a.jpg

Luna Vista; The course was upgraded in 2011-2012, I said I would never go back to this place when it was LB Houston. Bottom land course along the trinity river and it was just not kept up well (City of Dallas owned course) and the last time I was there was right after they had been robbed and the employees there were murdered. The changes that were made is a redesigned 3rd and 4th holes as the old #3 really made no sense. It is now a par 3. There redid the fairways so it's not just flat anymore and you will not always have a flat lie. They also remade each green area. The greens a larger and have lots of undulations so no more straight putts. They were also raised so if you are off to the side your ball will roll downhill. The added more bunkers and they are filled with white sand. I only find my way into one of them but it was nice to hit it out of. They also brought water more into play around the greens with water. The greens are hard butt the rolled just fine. The fairways were in good shape for this time of year and for the fact that they were just replanted a year ago. We played 18 in 3 hours so we decide to play another 18 and completed that round in 3hrs also. If I had to ranked it among City owned courses I would say it is better that Pecan Valley and Meadowbrook but not as good as Stevens Park. I will for sure go back there and play it again. Now for those who played it before, it is still LB Houston. It still has it down sides, lot of noise from traffic, the gun range is very active now days with shooting the whole time we played (did not bother me though) they are building apartments along Royal lane right now so a lot of construction noise, there are mosquitoes as it is next to the Trinity river and just in an area that you would expect them to be. They were not bad yesterday but I did have one bite me as we we looking for a ball lost in the woods. Overall I enjoyed playing there.

Looks like it changed on me a bit....again.

Current Sunday forecast, still doable!

ze4ery5a.jpg

Don't know what weather service you are using but weather channel says light freezing rain with a high of 36 and a low of 29.

Don't know what weather service you are using but weather channel says light freezing rain with a high of 36 and a low of 29.

#manup?

Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back