Xbox One and PS4 Systems

Dan - that's exactly why I went with a PS4 first as well.

Will be fun to read about how the XBone grows and transforms (as well as the PS4 for that matter). The PS4 just seemed like the better GAMING console, so that is why I went with it.

Dan - that's exactly why I went with a PS4 first as well.

Will be fun to read about how the XBone grows and transforms (as well as the PS4 for that matter). The PS4 just seemed like the better GAMING console, so that is why I went with it.

The PS4 still has issues. Not being able to publish to YouTube seems insane (I think I read they'll get there eventually). Time taken to send simple party invites or game invites is like sending a text on a cell phone you can't wait to get rid of and upgrade (maybe five seconds or so, but still a wait, and one that Xbox doesn't have an issue with).Not being able to appear offline is absolutely insane.

I wasn't there at PS3 launch, but online presence from other gamers seems pretty meager right now. 30-50k online vs Xbox which was still pushing 400k on Call of Duty a week ago -- I'm hoping this improves quite a bit over the course of the next six months as consoles are released, but it may take until the next CoD release before I get a real clear indicator of online presence.

Connectivity seems quite good, and I am very pleased that my older turtle beaches work on the PS4 (and I can party up on Xbox and switch over to PS4 -- Hearing PS4 gameplay + Xbox party chat is awesome).

All that in mind, I absolutely love the ability to upload screenshots to twitter, broadcast to twitch, and hopefully soon upload videos to YouTube. I am curious to learn about what activates the data record though, as it seems pretty hit or miss for video based stuff.

I'm honestly no surprised dan about the online presence. 1 million Ps4s out there with what 12 games able to play right now? I believe by Christmas it'll get better, but as long as the servers work idc(looking at you BF4) which has gotten better.

Just ready for the real Ps4 games next year(watch dogs, destiny) to see where this generation is headed towards

I'm honestly no surprised dan about the online presence. 1 million Ps4s out there with what 12 games able to play right now? I believe by Christmas it'll get better, but as long as the servers work idc(looking at you BF4) which has gotten better.

Just ready for the real Ps4 games next year(watch dogs, destiny) to see where this generation is headed towards

I am excited for that as well. With CoD, the change is already noticeable.. Making games purely for these systems is going to be unreal.

The party/game invites really are sorta frustrating. On the Xbox platform it is instantaneous. That needs to be sped up I think.

Also agree with Dan that the ability to appear offline should be a no-brainer to have included.

The party/game invites really are sorta frustrating. On the Xbox platform it is instantaneous. That needs to be sped up I think.

Also agree with Dan that the ability to appear offline should be a no-brainer to have included.

Can you explain this further? Can you not appear offline? That seems kind of ridiculous.
I know the Xbox version is instantly for chat, how much slower are we talking?

Can you explain this further? Can you not appear offline? That seems kind of ridiculous.
I know the Xbox version is instantly for chat, how much slower are we talking?

On PS4 No, I do not have the option to appear offline. As odd as this may seem to some, I have friends from different backgrounds. THP friends and friends from college etc. The groups don't intertwine. Sometimes I like to play with those guys and others I enjoy getting on with Dan, and TC1, and Buck etc.. I should be able to appear offline so that those guys don't think I am ignoring them.

As for a party or game invite, on Xbox you just highlighted over their name and pushed a button and it was instant. On PS4 I have to go to their name in my friends list, click on it, then it brings up another window where I have to click accept and then it takes a few seconds to send and even longer for them to receive it

XB1 for me...not really a "hardcore" gamer though. I like the multi-media funcationality with the XB1.

On PS4 No, I do not have the option to appear offline. As odd as this may seem to some, I have friends from different backgrounds. THP friends and friends from college etc. The groups don't intertwine. Sometimes I like to play with those guys and others I enjoy getting on with Dan, and TC1, and Buck etc.. I should be able to appear offline so that those guys don't think I am ignoring them.

As for a party or game invite, on Xbox you just highlighted over their name and pushed a button and it was instant. On PS4 I have to go to their name in my friends list, click on it, then it brings up another window where I have to click accept and then it takes a few seconds to send and even longer for them to receive it

Very interesting. Two rather large flaws in my opinion. I dont think they will have an impact on everybody, but I both are things that are sorely needing attention. The game invite should be instant, like on the Xbox model or close to it.

The appear offline mode is something I know a lot of people use for the very same reason you posted. Work friends, other friends, family. You dont want to appear as though you are ignoring.

Something to keep in mind is that Microsoft has invested heavily into online gaming (via Xbox Live, server farms, etc.) over the past 7-8 years. While Sony has had online gaming (and was the first console to ever have it), I just don't quite think their network has ever been close to Microsoft's in terms of stability. As Sony puts more time and money into their online network, I think a lot of these slowness issues will be worked out.

I think by this time next year, most of these problems will be non-existent for Sony.

Picking up my xbox one tonight. Anyone else on here

Something to keep in mind is that Microsoft has invested heavily into online gaming (via Xbox Live, server farms, etc.) over the past 7-8 years. While Sony has had online gaming (and was the first console to ever have it), I just don't quite think their network has ever been close to Microsoft's in terms of stability. As Sony puts more time and money into their online network, I think a lot of these slowness issues will be worked out.

I think by this time next year, most of these problems will be non-existent for Sony.

It's funny you mention that, because overall I would have agreed, but Xbox live was absolutely AWFUL two days ago. People getting kicked endlessly from parties, losing connections to games..

I don't think the gap is as large as we may think.

It's funny you mention that, because overall I would have agreed, but Xbox live was absolutely AWFUL two days ago. People getting kicked endlessly from parties, losing connections to games..

Remember when I played PS3 exclusively and you convinced me to play Xbox because Xbox live was where it was at?

Well it's not all opinion based. Microsoft has invested heavily into the Azure server farms that is housing their Xbox Live and cloud services. There are 300,000 servers dedicated to Xbox live for Xbox One (Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 started with 3,000 servers and is currently at 15,000 servers today for reference).

I understand you had problems 2 days ago, but these problems are few and far between. I honestly can't even remember the last time I had problems with getting kicked out of parties or other functions of Xbox Live.

Well it's not all opinion based. Microsoft has invested heavily into the Azure server farms that is housing their Xbox Live and cloud services. There are 300,000 servers dedicated to Xbox live for Xbox One (Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 started with 3,000 servers and is currently at 15,000 servers today for reference).

I understand you had problems 2 days ago, but these problems are few and far between. I honestly can't even remember the last time I had problems with getting kicked out of parties or other functions of Xbox Live.

Well, how much of that is Xbox, and how much of that is playing off the dedicated servers of games?

Gamestop called and said that they were taking payments at 6 and handing out pick up slips. Start handing them out around 1130!!!

swing your swing

I am debating, I am disappointed with some of the stuff I've read on Xbox plus it sounds like Forza has been stripped down. It has good reviews but they cut half the tracks and 400 cars which is super disappointing for me. Might still order it and throw it for sale on ebay. My credit card expired while the order was processing so its in limbo, I can still cancel, I dunno.

Well, how much of that is Xbox, and how much of that is playing off the dedicated servers of games?

The way I understand it, the Azure servers don't have set allocated resources. They allocate resources to functions as they are needed. I'll be honest, I don't know much about how it all works.

Ill b on ghosts as soon as i get home

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Back