The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I see it as being fun and funny. Since everyone I associate with is white and about half play golf I think it's just a comically costume.

Robert Downey Jr played a black man in Tropic Thunder and the Wayne's Brothers played white girls and the movie whet girls. I think that was worse, they change race and sex.

Actors are held to different standard for the sake of art, although the "art" may not always be apparent. In any event, you can't make that comparison when talking about a Halloween costume.

Is it bigger news that he hit it straight enough to go down the road?

Straight....

Is it bigger news that he hit it straight enough to go down the road?

IT took multiple attempts haha

There's no way he was gonna go all out on that. Those cars don't know the danger they were in. Haha pretty cool though

Loved Jason Sobel's comment in twitter to the event of the shot literally being off the face of the continent instead of the usual figurative application.

It truly is incredible seeing old footage like that. Shooting 48 at the age of 2 is just insane! Will there ever be another like him, who knows but I doubt it.

He had such a unique mental disposition when he was young, it will be a while before anyone will be able to come close to challenging Tigers career.

He had such a unique mental disposition when he was young, it will be a while before anyone will be able to come close to challenging Tigers career.
Do you think his skill level was above everyone when he was winning or just a mental edge? I've pondered this for a while now.

Do you think his skill level was above everyone when he was winning or just a mental edge? I've pondered this for a while now.
I personally feel like his skill was superior, but his mental edge was key to it all

I think Tiger's mental edge was the difference. He was the first 'athlete' to play the game IMO & brought the athletes mentality with him. To me this means being sharp mentally, not letting the little things get in the way of the bigger goal & most importantly intimidate your opponents. Tiger was the master at this. In a game where any little thing can rattle a golfer he capitalized on it. Over time his galleries put extra pressure on his playing partners and the stories are put there on how he played mind games throughout his career with playing partners in tournaments....while I will not deny he is the best player since Jack, he used the mental side to win as much as hips physical game.

iPhone 5 Tappin

I think it was both really, his instructor (Anselmo I think) said his mental stability was incredible in matches. It's undeniable that the skill was there, he's by far the best in my book but his head used to be so damn focused and solid, like he never got distracted.

I was watching an interview with him and he said his dad never pushed him to play golf, it was always his choice. To have that kind of devotion, drive, and top it off with skill you can see why he has been so successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger was not the first "athlete" to play professional golf. Wasn't Nicklaus receiving basketball scholarship offers when he was in high school? It's a common comment to make but there's no factual basis to the statement that Tiger brought "athletes" to golf

I was watching an interview with him and he said his dad never pushed him to play golf, it was always his choice. To have that kind of devotion, drive, and top it off with skill you can see why he has been so successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may think that, but no two year old is grabbing clubs and saying I want to play golf.

He may think that, but no two year old is grabbing clubs and saying I want to play golf.

I can't get my 5 year to want to play

I can't get my 2 y/o to play anything other than golf, lol. I've had to take to hiding my clubs away from him and only leaving my wedges out for him to play with. He can do what he wants with those and I don't mind. I've bought him some toddlers clubs, just cheap things and he loves them! I've never once tried making him play, he saw me chipping in the yard one day and came over, took the club out of my hand and started swinging it at the ball. It didn't take him long to start making contact and I was blown away.

Why oh why doesn't my woods sound like this?? (turn volume up!)
[video=youtube;ayzfxF-0fv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayzfxF-0fv4[/video]

When Johnny like something he lays it on thick

Back