Status
Not open for further replies.
Tend to agree with you, I'm not sold on Profar. Think the Rangers lost their ability to trade him high.

They were never trading him unless he was involved in a trade for a stud pitcher.

Tend to agree with you, I'm not sold on Profar. Think the Rangers lost their ability to trade him high.

Why would the Rangers even think of trading Profar if they were so high on him? Same thing with people that were talking about the Red Sox possibly trading Bogaerts, that's just crazy talk.

For Fielder, it will be interesting to see when he makes the transition from 1B to DH. I can't see him playing 1B for too long, especially in the heat of the Texas summer when he's around 300 pounds.

They were talking about the trade on Sportscenter this morning and they made a great point at how much protection Fielder provided for Miggy in the batting order.

Unless the Tigers have a big bat to put right behind him in the lineup, Cabrera could be pitched around a lot next year. I know playoffs are a different story with Fielder, but the numbers with Fielder hitting right behind Cabrera during the regular season were impressive.

He really didn't have a great year this year when you compare his stats to his salary. Under .280 with only 25 homers is not what you expect from someone making in the 20's. He had a ton of RBI this year, but his power numbers were down and his off field issues clearly spilled onto the field. He is a great player and I wish him nothing but the best, but I would rather have Sherzer and Miggy locked in for a decade.

Why would the Rangers even think of trading Profar if they were so high on him? Same thing with people that were talking about the Red Sox possibly trading Bogaerts, that's just crazy talk.

For Fielder, it will be interesting to see when he makes the transition from 1B to DH. I can't see him playing 1B for too long, especially in the heat of the Texas summer when he's around 300 pounds.

Probably because hype is worth more then reality. Kind of like all of the pre-release golf clubs we get excited about then are often left feeling flat over. Profar is young and potentially has high ceiling but the more he goes out and hits .240 with high strikeout numbers the less his value is to a potential trade.

To be clear, I'm not advocating trading Profar - just reporting on the rumor that was making its way around to support a Cano signing - maybe JayZ started it!

Cardinals shipping David Freese out to Anaheim in exchange for Peter Bourjos. Pretty much a done deal per Ken Rosenthal's Twitter feed.

Added some speed and got rid of him which makes me happy. Matt Carpenter back to 3rd

Bourjos and Grichuk for Freese and Salas.

As an Angels fan, this one hurts. Bourjos is one of my favorite players. He won't hit the cover off the ball but his game is all about speed. Never one to steal bases (his reads suck), but watching him hit a gap is an absolute treat. I remember a game two seasons ago and he hit a line drive to right center, as he started out of the box I told my fiancé "watch him run". We were treated to a sight, he covers 1B-2B in about about four strides, he gets horizontal as he goes around 2B, just flying! And his defense is fantastic and he has incredible awareness and leaves his feet right at the correct time.

If he can stay healthy the Cards will have a superb player. Last year was a bummer as his injuries were from getting beaned. I feel we got fleeced horribly.

Wow the fact anyone took Freese is down right amazing, what a TURD

I always liked Freese, but he did not hit at all this year, now we just need a shortstop.

Cardinals closing in on deal with Perralta. If this gets done we need maybe a bat off the bench but that's really it.

Bye bye B-Mac :(

Cardinals closing in on deal with Perralta. If this gets done we need maybe a bat off the bench but that's really it.

Until he gets suspended for sturrrroids again. :)

Kozma sounds like a disease

Yanks catchers last year had a total of 8 HR and a league worst .213 Batting average....McCann is a huge upgrade

But who is McCann going to catch? CC, if healthy, and.....

Still time for them to over pay for pitching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back