The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is Dez should catch that and not leave doubt. It doesn't matter now though.

Ground caused fumble. Should be reversed.

Nope. Must complete a "football move" to be considered a catch. He did not. Its a stupid rule, but a rule nonetheless.

Well never mind, they pick up the first on the next play. Worked out for them.

No worries, Dallas executes anyways.

Nope. Must complete a "football move" to be considered a catch. He did not. Its a stupid rule, but a rule nonetheless.

2 steps with possession is not a football move?

Well Romo did a great job leading his team down the field. Very impressive drive.

Now make the kick and dispose of the Giants.
This division might be pitiful, but it is interesting.

So pitiful.

Never seen a defensive coordinator coach scared as much as Perry Fewell. Getting home with pressure all game but rush 3 guys and play off the WRs on multiple critical 3rd downs on this final drive.

Inexcuseable.

Nope, not when its falling to the ground.

I thought he had clear possession falling to the ground but oh well.

Eagles vs. Cowboys on the last day of the season will probably determine the division winner.

Great win for the Cowboys. Romo played a great game, and even the 1 interception wasn't on him. Move to 4-0 in the division

Good drive by them.
Good win by them on the road too.

Romo didn't
..romo all over himself for a change

It wouldn't be a Cowboys win if I wasn't about to have a heart attack at the end

Nice job by Romo getting into position and execution by Bailey for the win. Long overdue.

Well looky there. Dallas finishes a game. Really solid last drive and Romo looked really good. If that Romo showed up every week there wouldn't be such a close race for the NFC East.

Nope, not when its falling to the ground.

I don't think you have to make a "football move" if you go directly to the ground and maintain possession through the completion of the catch. Whether Bryant did in this instance is debatable. I think he did, but whatever. I think the "football move" issue comes into play when the ball is stripped, and there is a question whether it was ever a catch. It is not, unless the player has made a "football move." Anyway that's my understanding.

Now I'm getting ready for the "F-U Belichick" game by Wes Welker. Screw the Patriots.

Not glamorous but ill take that w all day long.

I don't think you have to make a "football move" if you go directly to the ground and maintain possession through the completion of the catch. Whether Bryant did in this instance is debatable. I think he did, but whatever. I think the "football move" issue comes into play when the ball is stripped, and there is a question whether it was ever a catch. It is not, unless the player has made a "football move." Anyway that's my understanding.

You dont if you go to the ground and the play is ruled dead. To give you an example, if a WR dives and catches the ball as he hits the ground and the play is over its a catch. Take a look at a couple of the ones called on Megatron and its pretty darn clear including the endzone last year as he is getting up.

Cowboys had to win. Otherwise, they would not be a .500 team, and they would throw off their pattern of 1) win one, lose one, win one, lose one, and 2) beating teams that are under .500 and losing to teams that are .500 or better.

You dont if you go to the ground and the play is ruled dead. To give you an example, if a WR dives and catches the ball as he hits the ground and the play is over its a catch. Take a look at a couple of the ones called on Megatron and its pretty darn clear including the endzone last year as he is getting up.

I think we're in agreement. I was just saying that the "football move" requirement does not apply in the example you give. In your example, it's a catch if the receiver does not lose possession when he hits the ground.

This is a good decision considering that the current Sunday Night game for Week 14 is Falcons-Packers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back