2013 Christmas Decorations

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
I know I know it's early! But this is the first year I've had my own home and I got to decorate plus I wanted to get it done before it was too cold and snowy to put them up! I know it's not the great, but I think it looks pretty good! I didn't want to overload it. I still plan on picking up a few more decorations and cleaning up some of the wires but I figured I'd start a thread for us to share our houses and how we have them decorated! I'll be updating with pictures as we add more and start to decorate the inside. I gotta be honest Christmas is WAY more exciting this year being able to decorate my own home! If there is an existing thread feel free to merge it!

looks good Six!

Very nice.

Last year our house was pretty awesome.
This year? Nothing. Not a twinkle. Nothing.
Not even a tree.

looks good Six!

Thanks! If you woulda told me 4 years ago I'd be excited about decorating my house with X-Mas lights I woulda told you you're nuts! Amazing what a girl and home can do to ya. :)

Very nice.

Last year our house was pretty awesome.
This year? Nothing. Not a twinkle. Nothing.
Not even a tree.

Uh oh! Why not?!

We don't have our tree yet, will pick that on Friday, but the outside is ready to go! Hopefully I'll get a better picture of the whole house tonight, this wreath has been in my family for at least 50 years if not longer. It started out being used by my grandparents at their church, then moved to their house, then to my parents, and when I got married it moved to my house, and now this is our third house, but the wreath has been at them all!!

I like this thread already. We don't have the space to decorate outside, but I love going and cutting down the tree and getting it decorated. Current plan is to do that this coming weekend.

pa8ybe5y.jpg

evuhu3y4.jpg

atazapuq.jpg

8a8ajuny.jpg

We haven't had a good enough weekend for me to get my lights up yet. Maybe I'll got go buy two big red and green spot/pot lights and point them at the front of my house. lol

Funny the timing of this. My neighbor across the street, Clark W. Griswold, just put his decorations up yesterday. I hope he's prepared for a little competition!

Funny the timing of this. My neighbor across the street, Clark W. Griswold, just put his decorations up yesterday. I hope he's prepared for a little competition!

He puts a hole lot up eh?

There's a guy that lives about 15 minutes from me that goes above and beyond. He has a lot of scratch so money is no object. I will try and find a local news link for some pictures.

He puts a hole lot up eh?
He puts some thought into it for sure. Especially since nobody else has anything up yet, it stands out even more.

No outdoors decor for us, but the Christmas Village went up a week ago, tree started going up last night. Hopefully get some pics up tonight.

Its the downfall of being so busy. Having to put up Christmas decorations in November.

That's awesome, I wonder how long it takes to setup???

If I remember correctly he pays a crew to do it at the beginning to middle of November and he turns them on on Thanksgiving.

If I remember correctly he pays a crew to do it at the beginning to middle of November and he turns them on on Thanksgiving.
I can totally believe it would take that long, wow, that's a ton of lights! I'd hate to see his electric bill!

Will be doing all this when we get back home from Thanksgiving. Excited since it is going to be the first time with my house.

I opted against putting the lights up last weekend, which was 65 degrees out. Now, at 35, I hate myself.

But it shall be done! Probably this Sunday.

I opted against putting the lights up last weekend, which was 65 degrees out. Now, at 35, I hate myself.

Haha, my wife had hers up at least 2 weeks ago for this very reason!

The only reason I had my up so early Dan, I hate those little plastic clips when it gets cold, I always seem to break them, plus it get's dark here at like 5:30!

I'm leaning toward doing this (the house on the right):
Ditto+Christmas+Lights.jpg

Back