2014 Callaway Big Bertha

I didn't play from 18 until 28 and my first new purchase was a Callaway Great Big Bertha back in 96 followed by a set of the Big Bertha irons. I loved that driver, couldn't even hit it off the deck on good days.

Same time frame. Back in the good old days when a new line of clubs only came out every few years. Bought the GBB driver and 3-wood - $380 each, a fortune back then. Hated the driver, loved the 3-wood. I never even tried another 3-wood for the next ten years. The driver I dumped after a few months. A slow learner, I went on to buy two Biggest BBs, then a steelhead, a VFT and a Hawkeye. Hated them all and, unfortunately, still have them all. I swore off Callaway drivers. Then a buddy of mine showed up one day with a Razr-X Black. I hit it and was sold. I ordered one from the Callaway pre-owned store and it is still my back up. Then I made the mistake of buying an X-Hot Pro. Not sure why, maybe it is too lite for me, I cannot hit it consistently.

Last edited:
That PX shaft was very soft for me too. The stock offerings for the BB are a HUGE upgrade. Similar to what Callaway did with the Apex line.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Cant wait. Kbs tour v in apex pro and new big berthas may be in my bag next year

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Can't wait to hear more about this. Callaway is on a roll

Interesting.
Its clear that people are only speaking to 1 of the 2 that Hawk referenced.
I am not at liberty to discuss despite having spent time with both, but lots of info coming very soon.

Interesting.
I am not at liberty to discuss despite having spent time with both, but lots of info coming very soon.

Looking forward to more details. Very excited for this driver and the rest of the line frankly

Interesting.
The rep didn't have the "other" driver yet. From what he said, it's going to be pretty frickin' sweet. Not sure if it's what I need though. That is, unless it looks really cool. Then, I must have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.

Such a tease. I actually want to try the driver has been talking about. And I dont think the one on wrx is the one he is talking about.

I dont look at other places, so I have no idea what is being discussed (nor do I really care for that matter).
Proper info is released at the right time right here on THP and nobody has to wade through other stuff.
I mean some of the info on this driver that has been emailed to me put up from other places is so beyond ridiculous wrong its absurd.

Such a tease. I actually want to try the driver has been talking about. And I dont think the one on wrx is the one he is talking about.

And the best part is that THPers will get to play these drivers in events.

By far the best part. Callaway is just such a freaking awesome company. THP + Callaway = Brought

I am pumped for Monday. Wow. Just the amount of excitement around these two releases is amazing. THPers getting to play these at events, even better!

not gonna lie, Im a tad jealous of everyone in said events already

I can't say it enough. Callaway is going to kill it this year with the irons and the new Big Berthas.

:dance:

I would order it site unseen if I could...

Albatross club is calling my name ....

I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to have an adjustable CoG. They could do it the obvious way and have a replaceable weight in the sole. Having it on a sliding mechanism would only serve to move it closer to or further away from the face, not necessarily up or down.

I'm sure whatever they come up with will be quite simple and effective and I can't wait to see it.

May my golf bag never be without something that says big Bertha on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to have an adjustable CoG. They could do it the obvious way and have a replaceable weight in the sole. Having it on a sliding mechanism would only serve to move it closer to or further away from the face, not necessarily up or down.

I'm sure whatever they come up with will be quite simple and effective and I can't wait to see it.

It's so simple that you'll be shocked no one did it before.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Could also jump in for a chance to play one in a THP event.
#TheKingIsComing
Sounds like a great plan to me!!!

Ive never hit the old bertha's but all this talk has got my interest going. Sound like it could be a beast.

Can't wait to hear more about these; Love that Callway is bringing their defining lines back with new technology. Going to be a defining year for Callaway's product line I have a feeling.

Back