Nickent Hybrids and FW 2013

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
Any one else see these at thier local shop? Saw these at Golf Galaxy this past week

ra6yma2e.jpg
e2e4are4.jpg
by9y9ebe.jpg
e3yvu7eh.jpg
a8aju8yn.jpg
y3y5y4es.jpg

Tapping away on my S3

Man, there's a lot going on in there.

If anyone doubts these in anyway, they should go hit them. I think they feel great! The looks are bad, but that immediately became less of a concern once I hit them

I believe the pro model has titanium face. Was hoping for a 6hybrid model this year, no dice. Also a 7w, also no dice.

Man, there's a lot going on in there.

Yeah adjustable face, adjustable rear weight, slotted face technology. .. I guess they are on par with a lot of big name companies

If anyone doubts these in anyway, they should go hit them. I think they feel great! The looks are bad, but that immediately became less of a concern once I hit them

I spent time with the 7DT and TDx of last year. Came stock with the Aldila Rip hybrid and wood shafts (Alpha and Beta/Gamma...cant remember). I thought those wrre severely underrated and overlooked. These look awesome IMO. I can dig all the color

Tapping away on my S3

I believe the pro model has titanium face. Was hoping for a 6hybrid model this year, no dice. Also a 7w, also no dice.

Yeah all I saw was 3-5 hybo's and 3 & 5 Fairway woods

Tapping away on my S3

They have these at Dicks as buy one get one.

Might have to take them for a test drive next time I'm in.

Is Maltby still doing the 2013 Nickent stuff for Dicks?

You wont be able to find these at local shops outside of the Dicks and Golf Galaxy stores in most cases. The brand was purchased and is now just a house brand. The man behind the designs of the past that was responsible for some of the most innovative designs of the last few decades has nothing to do with the lines now (John Hoeflich).

This new line or the 2012 line?

You wont be able to find these at local shops outside of the Dicks and Golf Galaxy stores in most cases. The brand was purchased and is now just a house brand. The man behind the designs of the past that was responsible for some of the most innovative designs of the last few decades has nothing to do with the lines now (John Hoeflich).

What was the last line produced? 4dx?

Tapping away on my S3

Last edited:
I've played a lot of Nickents. From 3DX up to a 6DT. Always really underrated clubs. I would like to try one of these but the prices are up there with the big boys. And with resale being next to none on a "house brand", it makes it hard to drop 150-200.

Some bright colors but amazing shaft choices for sure!

I think they're ugly as sin.

Priced similarly to national brands? Then why would a customer even THINK about trying them. Crazy. You'd think the marketing would tell them to price below the competition or they'll sit there. Without pros on the payroll to pay, more profit in the pricing vs big OEMs...

Priced similarly to national brands? Then why would a customer even THINK about trying them. Crazy. You'd think the marketing would tell them to price below the competition or they'll sit there. Without pros on the payroll to pay, more profit in the pricing vs big OEMs...

I think its a fine line. Sadly, in the world of golf, lower price equates to lower quality in the minds of most consumers. That is why companies like Dicks and Golfsmith are spending the money buying brands that golfers know about rather than trying to build unknowns.

I cant comment on the quality of these clubs, but I can say that I believe John Hoeflich was one of the biggest reasons Nickent was who they were (in terms of innovation), and with him not there, it leaves me not exactly dying to try these out.

I think its a fine line. Sadly, in the world of golf, lower price equates to lower quality in the minds of most consumers. That is why companies like Dicks and Golfsmith are spending the money buying brands that golfers know about rather than trying to build unknowns.

I cant comment on the quality of these clubs, but I can say that I believe John Hoeflich was one of the biggest reasons Nickent was who they were (in terms of innovation), and with him not there, it leaves me not exactly dying to try these out.
I'm with you on the Hoeflich designed stuff. I played the 4DX driver for awhile that had the adjustability along with a 4DX hybrid. I really liked their stuff. I was quite upset when I heard they had to sell. They were as innovative as Adams in the hybrid market early-on. I'll go hit these at Dicks just to get some yardages on a monitor. An Attas shaft isn't half bad to start with...

I have the 3 wood and love it. Shallow face so its easy to hit off the deck and its money off the tee. I think if people will just give them a shot they'll come away impressed.

Are they really buy one get one? Bout time for me to head on over to Dicks.

Good looking clubs for sure, I hope they turn out to be solid performers.

I wasn't too impressed with last year's, but the shafts are something to think about.

A little late on this but I have had 2 of the f26 3 woods in the past week and they SUCK. first picture is the first one that broke maybe hit it 10 times the second one I hit maybe 25 times. Was on the range both times. Old saying you get what you pay for was very true in my case. Bought a Callaway xhot now and like it alot better
apyhunup.jpg

ybu6arep.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kind of bums me out to see what this brand has become after the sale. I gamed the 3dx pro's for a long time and loved them. Just seems such a departure from what was really great stuff before.

Back