True Blue - Morgan Cup Course - Tips, Tricks, Hole Thoughts

I have once in 4 rounds. Up until the outing this past year I had yet to play 16,17, or 18 on any of the courses at Reunion. Was a nice new experience for me.

You're welcome. #blanket

Hahahaha.

Fun fact. The first time I played 12-18 was on Sunday. That 15th hole can go straight to h-e-doublehockeysticks.

The funny part is that I really like 15 at True Blue. When the tees are moved up, I can hit a big sweeping draw to try to get home in 2. However, when the tees are back it's a pretty long hole. The big issue is the green and that everything drops off from that green, much better to be short than long on that hole.

Do I stick with tradition and win the cup on 17 or do I take it on 16? Both are quality holes. 17 doesn't set up that well for my shot shape though.

I went trees, punch out, waste bunker left, short of green from there, pitch to 5 feet, in the hole. I think I'll skip the trees and waste bunker next time.

I can't wait for the final captains to be selected to really get the smack talk going in full force. If I had to score it right now i think Wardy might be in the lead.

^^^former MC hopeful.

I'm just saying your smack talk could use some work. Saying you struggled on 15 and that 17 doesn't setup well for you doesn't exactly strike fear in the heart of your opponent. If I'm being honest...

#broadcastmode

17 I can see how it could set up difficult for not just Hawk, but anyone. Villas left, water right, water if you're too long up the center to center right part of the fairway. If you try and get too cute and bomb it, you have a sliver of fairway up the left side that will leave you with a downhill lie for your second shot. While you'd likely have a short iron or wedge in your hand, your downhill lie shot better be solid as there's water short of the green, and some nasty bunkers long.

Best play is to give yourself something in that 150-170 yard shot where the fairway is the flattest and gives you the best opportunity to put it in the right position on a very undulated green. /#broadcastmode

Hawk, hit driver every day man.

This should get a worthy bump, being that the MC thread is getting taken over by talk of this awesome course.

Having played true blue four times now, I love walking through all the holes and best ways to play them.

I remember pulling a 3 wood on #17 and hitting a railroad tie Hahaha... Hard to prepare for that!

This should get a worthy bump, being that the MC thread is getting taken over by talk of this awesome course.

Having played true blue four times now, I love walking through all the holes and best ways to play them.

I remember pulling a 3 wood on #17 and hitting a railroad tie Hahaha... Hard to prepare for that!

That's impressive. 3w was the play for me when I played TB. Driver brings the water into play for me.

That's impressive. 3w was the play for me when I played TB. Driver brings the water into play for me.

I think it depends on the tee box played, but for the scramble our plan was for me to hit fairways.. Had I not hit the tie I might have had a shot Hahahaha!

I've been going over the holes at both courses, you know, just in case.

Hoping back through this thread will be fun!

I think it depends on the tee box played, but for the scramble our plan was for me to hit fairways.. Had I not hit the tie I might have had a shot Hahahaha!

I'm sure the railroad tie wasn't the play haha. I agree, tee length depends on the play. Anything around the 150 is a good decision.

I don't remember Caledonia holes as well as true blue...gonna have to prep better this time

What I love about True Blue is how many holes give you multiple options off of the tee. #17 is a great example: you can go to the right off of the tee and shorten the hole, but then you bring the water into play. If you go left off of the tee, you have a better angle into the green and don't have to come over as much water, but you will have a longer shot into the green.

What I love about True Blue is how many holes give you multiple options off of the tee. #17 is a great example: you can go to the right off of the tee and shorten the hole, but then you bring the water into play. If you go left off of the tee, you have a better angle into the green and don't have to come over as much water, but you will have a longer shot into the green.

That green is pretty massive too, but bailing out left usually results in a downhill chip back to the hole which is never good.

Such a great hole design. Subtle difficulties.

Or on 17 watching Deano chip up at the water where a gator was 10 seconds ago. I thought Morgan had it on video but that was many moons ago.

I cant wait to play that course again.

I had a dead lie on 15 against a railroad tie steps you saw in the sunday singles, crazy things you don't expect to see!

I had a dead lie on 15 against a railroad tie steps you saw in the sunday singles, crazy things you don't expect to see!

OH yeah buddy. It's a nice little added adventure, and considering how reasonable the fairways are there, I think totally necessary to level the playing field.

If you miss, you'll be working hard to get back on track.

You did the smart thing by just punching
It out into the fairway. I love True Blue. 16-17-18 are the 3 best holes I have ever played.

A lot of talk about #8 at TB in the MC thread. I took a chance on Sunday singles and pulled driver and cut the corner, left me 15 yards from the green. If you can control your driver and are comfortable with a 15-20 yard wedge shot uphill, I would take driver every time.

A lot of talk about #8 at TB in the MC thread. I took a chance on Sunday singles and pulled driver and cut the corner, left me 15 yards from the green. If you can control your driver and are comfortable with a 15-20 yard wedge shot uphill, I would take driver every time.

That was the best tee shot I saw that entire weekend. One heck of a shot. A great risk/reward hole for sure.

True Blue - Morgan Cup Course - Tips, Tricks, Hole Thoughts

That hole hated me! I drove the front of the green. Chipped way past and 3 putted for 5. Lost the hole.

TTing

Bump, good memories.

For all selected and to be selected Morgan Cuppers as well as anyone who visits South Carolina for golf, this is a most interesting review.

Well it's official.

I'll be back here by the end of this month. If only I could find the caldonia review/tips thread because I'll be heading there for the first time. SO PUMPED!

Waste Bunkers FTW!!!
20121208_103655.jpg

Waste Bunkers FTW!!!
20121208_103655.jpg

hey, good ol #2 where my tee ball disappeared on Sunday, which lead to an awful punch out that hit the side of a hill and rolled up inches away from the cup for a halve

Oh, if I missed some shots on Sunday, I didn't on that hole. I killed number 2. 4 iron to 100 yards, or 80.

Buckjob tees way long, but luckily the ball was found. He shoots an amazing shot from his position near the pin.

I bite my lip, wedge shot ends up couple inches from the cup. Birdie.

I still remember the early holes on that round...you needed a birdie to win. Thanks Buck for an awesome match!

hey, good ol #2 where my tee ball disappeared on Sunday, which lead to an awful punch out that hit the side of a hill and rolled up inches away from the cup for a halve

That was impressive.

Back