Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Playdough, I'll check out their products for sure.

AMart, not what size you are, but I just picked up a Puma short sleeve wind jacket very much like this one that I really like, and the price is right: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-Pu...1?pt=US_Athletic_Clothing&hash=item3cd7e38c31

I'm a medium and the size was pretty good. I haven't tried it out in the rain yet, but it has been surprisingly good in the wind or chilly mornings up here. eBay has a bunch of them in different colors if you look around.

I'm very much pondering another set of irons. The love/hate relationship with my current set is reaching critical mass.

Fortunately, there are plenty of options coming out in 2014. I'll certainly have to put some thought into it before pulling the trigger.

AMart, not what size you are, but I just picked up a Puma short sleeve wind jacket very much like this one that I really like, and the price is right: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-Pu...1?pt=US_Athletic_Clothing&hash=item3cd7e38c31

I'm a medium and the size was pretty good. I haven't tried it out in the rain yet, but it has been surprisingly good in the wind or chilly mornings up here. eBay has a bunch of them in different colors if you look around.

Thanks arydolphin, I like the look of the puma jacket. I'll definite search eBay as well.

I'm very much pondering another set of irons. The love/hate relationship with my current set is reaching critical mass.

Fortunately, there are plenty of options coming out in 2014. I'll certainly have to put some thought into it before pulling the trigger.

Something tells me your ponder will be over in about 2 weeks.

I'm right there with you buddy.... My irons are stale....

Pondering B-330 vs B-330s. They are on sale for $30 a box at Dicks.

Pondering B-330 vs B-330s. They are on sale for $30 a box at Dicks.
I've played the B330-S for the last 2 years. I love that ball. Its such a good ball. Great feel off the driver. Awesome spin. And give the ability to play different shots around the green. Nice feed back off my putter as well. I don't really have many issues with side spin either. My biggest complaint, which is true of all soft covered balls is durability. 18 holes is about all I can get out of one before its pretty chew up. But that's a small trade off for the performance the ball delivers.

I've played the B330-S for the last 2 years. I love that ball. Its such a good ball. Great feel off the driver. Awesome spin. And give the ability to play different shots around the green. Nice feed back off my putter as well. I don't really have many issues with side spin either. My biggest complaint, which is true of all soft covered balls is durability. 18 holes is about all I can get out of one before its pretty chew up. But that's a small trade off for the performance the ball delivers.

I've played them both and really liked both. Can't go wrong either way.

I've played them both and really liked both. Can't go wrong either way.
Not really. They are both great balls. I just like the feel and added spin of the S.

I have this jacket and wire it many times this year in the rain. The rain would bead up on the jacket and just roll off. I really like this jacket for all weather conditions, well except winter golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called in to American Golf to hit some drivers earlier as I'm not happy with anything I have right now. Didn't really have a set idea of what I wanted, other than to hit more fairways than I am already.

After hitting 21 straight drives in a row I now have a massive RBZ Stage 2/Reg flex ponder. I want to hit one on an actual range before I drop money on one though and am also considering a trip to the TM fitting centre at the Celtic Manor too.

Not really. They are both great balls. I just like the feel and added spin of the S.

I am kind of leaning towards the S for that very reason. I think I like it a little bit better around the green.

I am kind of leaning towards the S for that very reason. I think I like it a little bit better around the green.

FWIW I play the b330 and I find it gives me great spin off irons and around greens. Holds well. Ive played the same ball for 36 holes with no issues on durability.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

New 3wood. I like the deep face of the Cleveland classic but the closed face at address is causing all shots to go left.

Bridgestone everything. :act-up:

X2Hot vs. X2Hot Pro vs. Big Bertha vs. Big Bertha Alpha for #TheKing....boy is picking from these gonna be tough!

Never too early to start the pondering haha :banana:

X2Hot vs. X2Hot Pro vs. Big Bertha vs. Big Bertha Alpha for #TheKing....boy is picking from these gonna be tough!

Never too early to start the pondering haha :banana:

That's a good problem to have. I really like the looks of the new Big Bertha.

Still pondering a Covert 1.0.

That's a good problem to have. I really like the looks of the new Big Bertha.

Definitely. The regular Bertha is probably my favorite for looks so far as well.

And you're gonna have some serious goodness to choose from as well, based on my limited experience hitting the DPC's once. KILLER irons.

Definitely. The regular Bertha is probably my favorite for looks so far as well.

And you're gonna have some serious goodness to choose from as well, based on my limited experience hitting the DPC's once. KILLER irons.

Irony of ironies, the dinky litte range near my house has a DPC 6 iron to demo, so I will be testing it out for sure.

I bet you are!

Yes, sir. Love the classic looks of the driver and fairways.

Already thinking combo set??

You know it. I have a thing for combo sets.

Called in to American Golf to hit some drivers earlier as I'm not happy with anything I have right now. Didn't really have a set idea of what I wanted, other than to hit more fairways than I am already.

After hitting 21 straight drives in a row I now have a massive RBZ Stage 2/Reg flex ponder. I want to hit one on an actual range before I drop money on one though and am also considering a trip to the TM fitting centre at the Celtic Manor too.

Don't know if you have a Direct Golf anywhere near you but if you are signed up to their website they are doing a deal on the Stage 2 at the moment

I am seriously considering a trip to Close House and the fitting centre there as they advertise Callaway, TM and Ping so it could be an expensive trip if I get to hit the Speedblades and Apex ranges.....

Don't know if you have a Direct Golf anywhere near you but if you are signed up to their website they are doing a deal on the Stage 2 at the moment

I am seriously considering a trip to Close House and the fitting centre there as they advertise Callaway, TM and Ping so it could be an expensive trip if I get to hit the Speedblades and Apex ranges.....

Ah no way?! I picked one up for £99 (ex-demo, no headcover) so hope their deal wasn't as good! Thanks for the heads up though!

I know what you mean about potentially expensive fitting trips, I'm going to want to get fitted for irons next year myself and would love to do it at one of the official centres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly equipment

Thinking of enrolling as a student with my instructor which entail being more coach than instructor plus- playing lessons, unlimited lessons, all LM time, discount on all shop purchases including clubs, half off unlimited range balls package, mental coaching, plus getting to play some of the best private courses in my area.

The goal is to get my game in top notch shape. I know I have the physical ability but the coaching and instruction is what I need to take me the rest of the way.

He believes that I have what it takes, just need the coaching to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back