Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

Got a 8q3 red tie coming. Will be interesting to what kind of number I get with the covert

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Oh my. An 8q3. Thank sounds meaty.

Oh my. An 8q3. Thank sounds meaty.

I play x flex at 46". I like the length and heavier weight. At least thats what I play in the diamana ilima... will see how this one feels and performs

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

just picked up a Covert Tour after yearning for one for months; got a great deal on one and snagged it up.

have two rounds under my belt with it - first round had a less than stellar swing day, but second day absolutely smashed it with the driver - so far, in love with the look, feel, and performance of this club

Finally got a chance to see this up close and personal, and just on the eyeball test alone, just didn't do it for me. I didn't get a chance to hit it, but on set up it looks ok, maybe it's the HUGE Nike Swoosh that's making my eyes at setup not trust the looks? I'm just not sure.

I would be curious to hit this driver and give it a try. I'm currently playing the Nike SQ 9.5°.

Has anyone tried the b.asha 4s in either head of the covert ?
What was It like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ?

Anyone ?

Apparently not. I've demoed a few shafts with the head. Just never a b'asha. I would imagine however, that pairing would work for some. And maybe not others.

I'm quite a mid launch guy, want the combo to make me fly it quite high (after turning it to about 10.5)

I'm quite a mid launch guy, want the combo to make me fly it quite high (after turning it to about 10.5)

You might need to go up in loft. The Covert (tour especially) is low launching.

But the great thing is I can with the nike :D
Might hold out for the 2.0 though

But the great thing is I can with the nike :D
Might hold out for the 2.0 though

Very true. The Flexloft adapter was one of the easiest to use adjustment systems on the market.

If you change the loft does the position of the shaft change (think TM and their r1)

If you change the loft does the position of the shaft change (think TM and their r1)

Of course it does.

I still don't buy the independent loft/face angle adjustment. I had one too btw, so I do know of what I speak.

Of course it does.

I still don't buy the independent loft/face angle adjustment. I had one too btw, so I do know of what I speak.

The shaft orientation doesnt change unless you adjust the face angle to open or closed. The loft is adjusted with an independent sleeve.

Finally got a chance to see this up close and personal, and just on the eyeball test alone, just didn't do it for me. I didn't get a chance to hit it, but on set up it looks ok, maybe it's the HUGE Nike Swoosh that's making my eyes at setup not trust the looks? I'm just not sure.

I know a lot of folks have an issue with this. Honestly, I don't notice the swoosh at all setting up. Looks aside, for me anyways this driver performs better than anything else I've tried so I can get over it. I'm sure this holds true with any driver but once you find the shaft that works for you, look out.

Woooh! Just got mine!
ma5emanu.jpg

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

7m3 X Flex. Keeping it low. I like it.

7m3 X Flex. Keeping it low. I like it.

if only it was an X.. it's an S, and I thought it would be fine since my swing is a bit more tight in the winter, but it's toooooooo whippy. gonna try to trade it. But, when the shaft didn't buckle, oh my god. I have a feeling once I get a better shaft, this is going to be a gamer for good, unless the covert tour 2.0 beats it out of course.

if only it was an X.. it's an S, and I thought it would be fine since my swing is a bit more tight in the winter, but it's toooooooo whippy. gonna try to trade it. But, when the shaft didn't buckle, oh my god. I have a feeling once I get a better shaft, this is going to be a gamer for good, unless the covert tour 2.0 beats it out of course.

I chuckle at thought of a 7m3 being too whippy.

yeah I thought it would be plenty stiff enough but I guess not.. it was all over the place 80% of the time today at the range.

Yeah im amazed. I play 8q3 red tie at x flex and I thought the 7m3 felt stiffer

Back