Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

does anybody have a stock stiff KK shaft that they are looking to unload? perhaps even trade for a reg flex one?

does anybody have a stock stiff KK shaft that they are looking to unload? perhaps even trade for a reg flex one?

Unless there was one listed in the marketplace, you might be SOL.

This thread reminded me to keep an eye on sales for the tour model... A new driver looks to be in the cards soon, either this, the SLDR, or Optiforce 440. Definitely will be an interesting showdown.

Ordered my Covert this past weekend, it should be here for Friday's get out of work early without the boss knowing round. Although I'm kinda scared of the long @ss shaft..., i'm very excited to see how this driver plays out.

Ordered my Covert this past weekend, it should be here for Friday's get out of work early without the boss knowing round. Although I'm kinda scared of the long @ss shaft..., i'm very excited to see how this driver plays out.

It's not that long. It's longer than 45". But it isn't obscene

It's not that long. It's longer than 45". But it isn't obscene

I believe the stock covert length is 45.5" could be wrong, too lazy to look it up right now lol. Its shorter than the optiforce though which I think plays at 46" don't quote me on it though

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I believe the stock covert length is 45.5" could be wrong, too lazy to look it up right now lol. Its shorter than the optiforce though which I think plays at 46" don't quote me on it though

45-3/4" stock in the performance and tour covert

45-3/4" stock in the performance and tour covert

The nike force is strong in this one! Lol

I have a Noner

45 3/4 is just a nail out if the 46" market..still believe is too long for amateurs.

Then again i've heard so many of you are playing high lofts with this driver that i hope the shaft is not an issue. Cant wait to get mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 3/4 is just a nail out if the 46" market..still believe is too long for amateurs.

Then again i've heard so many of you are playing high lofts with this driver that i hope the shaft is not an issue. Cant wait to get mine!

I had no issues with the stock length in the performance model. Right now I have it playing around 45.25" with a B Asha in it. Loft set at 11.5 in the Right(open) setting.

can't wait to test mine out. bought it on a whim for $99 bucks brand new. it has a regular shaft, hwich is not for me but figured for that price, who cares. a member here, KC720, was cool enough to hook me up with the stiff KK from the tour version for just the price of shipping. now i'm just waiting for it to get here so i can get out there and see what this thing will do. i'm hoping to have a challenger for my amp cell....

It's a low launch low spin head. You're gonna need loft. Mine is stock length at 11.5°

Loft is your friend with the driver.

Bigger question, what is an appropriate shaft length or amateurs?

can't wait to test mine out. bought it on a whim for $99 bucks brand new. it has a regular shaft, hwich is not for me but figured for that price, who cares. a member here, KC720, was cool enough to hook me up with the stiff KK from the tour version for just the price of shipping. now i'm just waiting for it to get here so i can get out there and see what this thing will do. i'm hoping to have a challenger for my amp cell....

It's a low launch low spin head. You're gonna need loft. Mine is stock length at 11.5°

Loft is your friend with the driver.

Bigger question, what is an appropriate shaft length or amateurs?

The kk silver is definitely low launch. If you have performance model head then its a bit more spinnier than the tour head. Performance head at 11.5 with the kk silver was pretty good mix

The kk silver is definitely low launch. If you have performance model head then its a bit more spinnier than the tour head. Performance head at 11.5 with the kk silver was pretty good mix

from what i gather its not a lot spinnier though, right? i'm thinking i will start with it set at 10.5 and see how it goes and then go up or down from there. i usually play a 9.5 but i've been at 10.5 on my amp cell and it has really good trajectory. i hope o get my launch ange to about 12 or 12.5*

My Performance plays stock @ 45.5" w/KK 50S, I just put it on my board. I play it @ 9.5*square and have no ballooning issues or any problem getting it in the air. Nice boring ball flight.

My Covert is here! and its raining! holy crap!

Will play it tomorrow... my R11s is acting all nervous in the bag right now...

My Covert is here! and its raining! holy crap!

Will play it tomorrow... my R11s is acting all nervous in the bag right now...

Good news Porky! The Covert also works in the rain! You can go hit some golf balls with it! :clapp:

just got my shaft from kc720 today. can't wait to swing it. i'm playing tomorrow and i think i'm gonna just set it to 10.5 and take it out on a blind date. no better way to test it out than skip the range and straight out to play....

Got mine out on the range for the first time today and put it head to head with the rbz stage 2. Small sample size (about 40 balls with each) but so far the covert feels a bit more forgiving on off center strikes. Maybe there is something to the cavity back? Haven't read through the entire thread, I'm sure someone has tried to prove or disprove its effect.

Tee time tomorrow morning, will be bringing both to hit on the course.

Played 9 holes yesterday with the Covert. I player the R11s at 12 degree loft and fully closed. I decided to go directly to the 12.5 loft based on all the read i've done here. Left the face angle neutral.

Looks: Holly Molly... This club is gorgeous, dont know if it has something to do with me being the only person carrying that club in the bag or what. The big swoosh was never an issue.

Loft: make sure you read this: low spinning head!, wow... I read it for so many pages and i said bah.. How low can it be.., mm it is low. I loved the low high speed penetrating flight, it looked like i was hitting a Tiger stinger jaja. 12.5 degrees seems to be the way to go for me. I will say though, my R11s gives me more carry and in wet conditions sometimes is better to have that.

Face Angle: this part is the one that has me thinking. I need to go to the driving range and play with it a little bit more. I had it set in neutral and the head seem very much closed to my eyes. I even had one of my partners hit it and he said the same thing, in neutral it looks closes.

Adjustability: if this ain't your first adjustable driver you are probably fine without reading the big instruction book. The adjustable plastic look cheap, it doesn't look as durable as the one used in the R11s. The. Again, one you find your setting there is no need to take the driver head out.

Shaft: i've played regular for a long time so Im very used to it. I must say i was very skeptical about the stock shaft but it hit up very good. It seems to be stiffer that the regular shaft i had in my R11s. So much that after my firat drive i diuble checked i had the right shaft shipped with the club. It was haha.
pygupeda.jpg

Overall thoughts: i love the low ball flight.! The shaft for me is just too long. I ended up having mine cut 3/4 his AM. I've always played a fade, with this club i'm getting either a perfect straight arrow down the center or a very low ugly hook to the left. Will set it to open and try. I also found the grip to be to small in my hands so i ended up replacing the grip also. The head cover didnt cut it for me, not a fan.

Anywaya, I'm very excited to play with such a good looking club, i think Nike nailed it.! Some quick pics since we haven't seem some like in 60 pages haha..

5apehequ.jpg

upytaby3.jpg
suby9avu.jpg
he6e9abu.jpg

played 18 with mine this morning (12.5, stock regular). we were the first ones out and were playing quickly, so on several holes i got to take swings with both the covert and the driver i have been bagging most recently, rbz stage 2 (12.0, stock regular). love the sound and feel of the covert. stage 2 seemed to be a bit longer, but not by much. covert felt more forgiving and i liked the feel and sound of the covert much more, a little less of a crack, more of a thwack. my eye also prefers the nike by a wide margin. this is my first experience with a nike golf club, and i am pretty impressed.

Lol @ the kitty eyeballing the Covert.

What's not to like about the headcover? I actually like it a lot

It's amazing how the numbers I get off this driver seem to be ideal with the Motore.

I like some newer drivers. But objective performance speaks for itself

Got a 8q3 red tie coming. Will be interesting to what kind of number I get with the covert

Back