What is the best bag for walking?

Stogs

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently have a Ogio ozone xx bag from not to long ago (but not current model) and it is ok for walking but for as much as I walk I find it to be a little on the cart bag side. What I mean by that is there are a few things that really just suit to my likings like the stands and the straps. I don't like the stands because they do not extend all the way and the straps are a little thin. Back to the question, In the bag I am looking for I want it to be more on the minimalist side of things and to be really light. If you guys know and/or are using any bag that you really like for walking I would really appreciate your suggestions.

When I carried my bag I preferred the Ping Hoofer. Once I decided to try a push cart I realized that was the way to go!!

I love my new sun mountain three 5 bag. All personal preference based off what your needs are. I wanted a light durable bag with velour pocket. Has to look simple too!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Tapatalk

I currently have a Ogio ozone xx bag from not to long ago (but not current model) and it is ok for walking but for as much as I walk I find it to be a little on the cart bag side. What I mean by that is there are a few things that really just suit to my likings like the stands and the straps. I don't like the stands because they do not extend all the way and the straps are a little thin. Back to the question, In the bag I am looking for I want it to be more on the minimalist side of things and to be really light. If you guys know and/or are using any bag that you really like for walking I would really appreciate your suggestions.

PING L8, I actually just reviewed it, they've brought it back and updated it this year and if you want minimalist that is easy on the body to carry and just does what its supposed to, its a great bag for a walker.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=21451

It's hard to beat the Sun Mountain 3.5 when walking. That's what I have for my wife. It's quite a bit lighter than my Grom (which I believe is similar in size to an Ozone).

Personally when I walk, I use a Clic Gear push cart. Then I get the best of both worlds with the Ogio.

The new Wilson Staff Nexus has gotten great reviews.

I walk all the time and also carry a Sun Mountain 3.5 deluxe and like it a lot. It's light weight, has plenty of pocket space, a water bottle pocket, good strap system, etc. The last bag I had, which was stolen, was my all time favorite - the Titleist Ultra Light. 4 lbs and the legs worked independently so it stood very well on slopes, hills, etc. I just couldn't afford to replace it new and also found a great deal ($70 closeout) at the PGA Superstore on the Sun Mountain bag.

The Pin Hoofer is an awesome bag for walking the course. It's what we used in college, and it worked perfectly plus it was light weight and could hold enough stuff.

Which would you guys choose ?

Sun mountain 3.5
Or
Sun mountain h2n0 lite?

And why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk all the time with the Sun Mountain Four 5 and would recommend it to anyone. I like the 14 way organizer and it has more than enough pockets, all while being light weight and durable.

That new Super Lite Nike looks like it might be a good one

Have a few rounds under my belt with a Titleist Ultra Lightweight Stand Bag...so far, so good. :titleist:

Anyone used the sun mountain h2n0 lite bag?

Just got a new Ping Hoofer 2014. They have fixed the leg over extension and strap tightening issue I experienced with my old Ping Latitude bag. Materials and construction are both excellent. The club dividers and bags better ability to stand up will also make it very useful for both riding and push cart use.

I havn't been keeping up with the newest stand bags too well but my teammate says the new Ping 4 series is suuuper light. not sure anything is lighter than my SM stand bag tho.. that thing is crazy light..

Which would you guys choose ?

Sun mountain 3.5
Or
Sun mountain h2n0 lite?

And why?

Anyone used the sun mountain h2n0 lite bag?

For my wants/needs, it would be the Three5. I don't play in wet conditions very often, so the extra cost/weight of the H2NO series wouldn't be in its favor for the comparison.

I often do, especially living in the iconic welsh weather (rain,rain and more rain :D )
So I might go h2n0 lite
The colour scheme looks better on the h2n0 too

What's the guys on the grandaddy using ?
Aren't they with some sort of cally stand bag?

I own and love my 2014 three five. love making the turn now.

Back