NEW 2014 Callaway Golf Balls - Speed Regime 1, 2, or 3 (based on swing speed)

Good luck to them on topping the perfection that is the Chrome +.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was for for the 3 back in August. For me they played like a harder version of the taylormade lethal. I won't comment on the cover as I don't know much about that stuff but what I can say is that this ball had a very consistent ball flight and reliable check around the green.

I'm not much of a spin player but I can say they were consistent enough to where they would hit twice on the green and roll out 5-7 feet.

Off the driver it had a consistent ball flight and while I didn't see any gain in distance I did not notice any side spin off the driver and irons. The cover itself doesn't chew either.

I still have one left actually but it's December so that sucks

As a fan of Callaway balls. Colour me intrigued.

Im the same, ive tried a few different balls but seam to always find myself back at the Hex Chromes.

Do these have a version of Srixon's "Spin Skin"? I ask because the new Srixon's don't last me more than a few holes whereas the older version did. I can only put this down to the Spin Skin.
I liked the Chrome+ and would be keen to try these if they're close to the same price as them.

I really like the concept employed here of matching a ball with a swing speed range. Bridgestone was ahead of the curve by really defining it that way, and I think Callaway and any other manufacturers that follow suit are really benefiting the consumers. SR2...here I come.

As much as I love the Chrome these will have a tough row to hoe to get me to switch.

These aren't reading any of the current chrome, chrome plus, black are they?

I agree. The Chrome + has flat out performed for me & my only gripe is durability. I cut these pretty good with a good wedge shot.

Tapping away on my iPhone

Is the embargo up on these?

They are their 2014 line.
There was already THP testing done at the Ultimate Club Testing several months ago.
Embargo has sort of been lifted, so fire away.
Full THP Preview coming soon.

Is the embargo up on these?

Here ya go Freddie.

We will have full preview threads coming very soon. Lots of great info as THPers were some of the first to ever try these.
I have been playing these for a minute and once the new threads are up I will offer up my info

I'll definitely buy a sleeve of these when they're released. The Hex Black is the best ball I've played and I'm curious to see how these stack up.

Hit these (SR2) significantly further and with better control than the Chrome+. The chrome+ just didn't fit me at all. These were fantastic.

More when the thread becomes available.

Hit these (SR2) significantly further and with better control than the Chrome+. The chrome+ just didn't fit me at all. These were fantastic.

More when the thread becomes available.

This is awesome to hear. I wanted to like the Chrome+ but I was all over the place with it. I got average distance with a ton of side spin.

I tried the SR1 out in FL in September and it felt very similar to the Chromes to me. The Chrome's and the 330RX's are my go to balls but prefer the Chrome's since they are cheaper and I get the same performance out of them. As long as they make the SR1's in Yellow I will definitely give them a go and hopefully they won't be $40+ a dozen.

I would be very interested in giving these a shot

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Very interesting concept. I'm going to have to give these a try.

I got both the 2s and 3s while in Orlando, and I'll be switching once they're available.

I'm right between the 2 and 3.

Tapping from my IPhone

About time this ball made its way into the limelight. I was REALLY hoping a couple might be stashed in our Apex deliveries, I mean, Matty did take note of our ball choice..... I liked it, personally.

I want them. Love the idea. I've liked the Hex Chrome when I've played it, though. If that's sticking around, it's the ball I'll probably switch to in the Spring. I'm losing fewer golf balls these days, so I feel justified switching to something a bit more premium.

I play the Hex Chrome and hope the SR1 is a good equal. First I look at a ball's playability and then the price before I decide what my normal ball will be.

I was fit into the SR3 during the testing. Best ball I've played in a long time. When I lost my last one, it made me sick! These will be my new gamer next season without question.

My dad is a huge proV1 fan and said the SR3 felt better and performed better while he used it.

I don't care for proV1s personally so I compare it to the B330. I like it more than the B330. It feels softer but the cover lasts forever for me.

All in all a total winner by Callaway.

#ImWithChad

looking forward to the "official' thread on these. If they have brought Chrome+ performance in a more durable golf ball then I am sold. Affordable pricing would also be a bonus.

Chrome+ is my favorite golf ball and I hope one of the three speed regimes is very similar. Looking forward to the release!

Amen to that. That is the best ball for my swing. And they are so durable. I hope these new balls do replace the chrome series so I can buy 8 dozen for under $150 :p

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Back