Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got one and love it. Paid around $220 for mine.

Thanks JB. We have a 10.1 inch tablet now it not the easiest thing to hold for reading on, and my wife does a lot of reading. Also it would be a lot more portable. How do you find it for browsing the web?

I got a nexus 7 from staples a couple weeks ago when they had a $50 off tablets coupon going on. Love it. What's the new 7s difference? Processor speed?

Sorry for the confusion its just a nexus 7 2013 I forgot to put the ' before the s, so its not really a nexus 7s just a nexus 7 2013 version.

For the $200-$300 price range that Beats fall under....there are a lot that I prefer the sound over. Beats are good, but compared to others in the price range, there are a couple of other pairs I would prefer over them.

I can get em new for $180

I can get em new for $180

I'm assuming HD Solos? They're good for bass heavy stuff, but they just don't have the range of some other similar priced headphones IMO. It really comes down to what you want them for.

I'm assuming HD Solos? They're good for bass heavy stuff, but they just don't have the range of some other similar priced headphones IMO. It really comes down to what you want them for.

no studios.
I want them for listening to good clean music with depth, and don't feel flimsy like bose do..

no studios.
I want them for listening to good clean music with depth, and don't feel flimsy like bose do..

If you want "clean" sound, not sure I could recommend Beats, also the build quality is not known for being top notch. I would probably go with something from Sennheiser if it were me in that price range.

I should be clean that the Beats are far from bad, but they are bass heavy. As a hip-hop listener, they are fine, but when trying to watch a movie or rock music, they are less than perfect.

If you want "clean" sound, not sure I could recommend Beats, also the build quality is not known for being top notch. I would probably go with something from Sennheiser if it were me in that price range.

I should be clean that the Beats are far from bad, but they are bass heavy. As a hip-hop listener, they are fine, but when trying to watch a movie or rock music, they are less than perfect.

okay well does best buy carry those? I get a 25% discount on anything there so I'm leaning towards a pair of noise cancelling headphones. and I like the weight of the studios.. I had a pair of fake ones a couple years ago and absolutely loved them, only sold them because I needed to pay for my irons.

Think they do. Just check their website.

Last edited:
Let me just say I transfered movies to my tablet. First time with Nexus. All I can say is eff you iPad. Drag and drop with no change needed for the win.

Let me just say I transfered movies to my tablet. First time with Nexus. All I can say is eff you iPad. Drag and drop with no change needed for the win.
Apple really needs to ditch the umbilical cord it has attached to iTunes.

Nice, been doing it for years thanks to the MicroSD card slot on my Asus TF101 really is a game changer.

Anyone using a Surface 2?

I'm thinking I may need to purchase myself a house warming gift in the new house. Something around 65 inches or so.

I'm thinking I may need to purchase myself a house warming gift in the new house. Something around 65 inches or so.

let me guess... a taco?

That would be awesome. But go for 70!

okay well does best buy carry those? I get a 25% discount on anything there so I'm leaning towards a pair of noise cancelling headphones. and I like the weight of the studios.. I had a pair of fake ones a couple years ago and absolutely loved them, only sold them because I needed to pay for my irons.

If you want noise cancelling and have to buy from best buy, These are the best thing there IMO. My brother has a pair and they are very very good headphones IMO.

If you want noise cancelling and have to buy from best buy, These are the best thing there IMO. My brother has a pair and they are very very good headphones IMO.

cool.. if they have them and i can try em out i'll give em a shot.

Electronics Pondering

Sorry for some basic questions on the Nexus 7 but Staples is having a 24 hour sale today on them. I am considering getting one and my parents getting one for my brother for Christmas.

Is there a USB port on the Nexus 7? That question came up, but I see reference to a SlimPort. Is that the same thing?

Also I am thinking that for $239, the 32GB is the way to go.

Edit: just figured out what a SlimPort is. Man I am technically challenged.

Sorry for some basic questions on the Nexus 7 but Staples is having a 24 hour sale today on them. I am considering getting one and my parents getting one for my brother for Christmas.

Is there a USB port on the Nexus 7? That question came up, but I see reference to a SlimPort. Is that the same thing?

Also I am thinking that for $239, the 32GB is the way to go.

Edit: just figured out what a SlimPort is. Man I am technically challenged.

Whats the sale?

Anybody have a recommendation for a DSLR camera for a beginner? Need the camera to do most of the work.

Anybody have a recommendation for a DSLR camera for a beginner? Need the camera to do most of the work.

Canon T2i. Can be had cheap since the 3 is out but still a solid camera, and upgrading lenses is cheaper with Canon than Nikon.

Went to Best Buy this morning and played around with the Surface 2 a bit more, and I am going to pull the trigger. Will be a nice "near" laptop replacement for me, and I wont have to take my laptop to/from work anymore, as the Surface can accomplish what I need at home rather easily.

With that said, if anyone is in the market for an 16GB iPad w/ Retina display, I am looking to get rid of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back