Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Preview

The people who are commenting on this picture in Instagram are real Turd Fergusons. I was surprised by that.

Everybody's a bada$$ with a keyboard in their hands.

I haven't read all of this thread yet due to working and being too tired to read it once I get home, is the crown black or midnight blue when light reflects off it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, the new Bertha is great looking and I reallllly want to hit one !

I guess the question would be, why would you want to remove it completely?
It would be like asking, what happens when you drive a car with the gas cap off. Sure you could still drive it that way, but why would you want to when the manufacturer gives great options and designed it a specific way.

Or......Callaway would have a new driver called the, "Zero G". It was more of a sarcastic and rhetorical question anyhow.

I didnt check the Big Bertha when I hit it, but do these new drivers have a new sleeve as well, or will the Optfit sleeves still work. Maybe it was answered already.

JB, You mentioned that at 11.5* of loft you were getting pretty ideal results. I'm curious which way the core is set up for you, more or less spin? Also, did you go with the stock shaft?

JB, You mentioned that at 11.5* of loft you were getting pretty ideal results. I'm curious which way the core is set up for you, more or less spin? Also, did you go with the stock shaft?

Less spin when my loft is at that range. It was pretty cool to do on the range with the monitor.

Less spin when my loft is at that range. It was pretty cool to do on the range with the monitor.

Yeah, that is awesome. I just hope people who try this out get to do so on a launch monitor to get everything they can out of it.

I haven't read all of this thread yet due to working and being too tired to read it once I get home, is the crown black or midnight blue when light reflects off it ?

I believe they mention in the Callaway Talks video that it is dark blue.

I believe they mention in the Callaway Talks video that it is dark blue.

I just managed to watch a few last night before I passed out, I can say that my nike covert tour isn't safe right now, and I could use a fairway wood as well .... Valentines gift to me or maybe I'll let my girlfriend know since we do give each other gifts on that day. Is that weird to gift each other for valentines day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty cool.

This is pretty cool.

Just saw that. That's a pretty cool pic.

JB, will the stock shafts be avaliable in the 70 and 80 gram weights?

JB, will the stock shafts be avaliable in the 70 and 80 gram weights?

Stock is the 60g version. Not sure what custom options will be at this time.

Who likes pictures? I like pictures.

DSCN3763-L.jpg

DSCN3769-L.jpg

DSCN3767-L.jpg

DSCN3768-L.jpg

DSCN3772-L.jpg

DSCN3774-L.jpg

DSCN3776-L.jpg

DSCN3786-L.jpg

Hawk that is a beautiful club. I can't wait to hear so more feedback. I'll have this or the BB once released

I love the looks of this club!

Nice Hawk, I take it you're testing this bad boy. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That face depth is DEEP.

or at least appears to be.

Very pretty golf club. Very nice crown, and that face is massively deep. I want one, though the regular Bertha is probably more up my alley.

Back