Nike Covert 2.0 Driver Preview

that head just looks butt ugly to me.

that head just looks butt ugly to me.

How can you make that judgment without seeing any other angles?

I had a great conversation about Nike drivers today and some of the tech behind it. It makes a TON of sense.

How can you make that judgment without seeing any other angles?

I had a great conversation about Nike drivers today and some of the tech behind it. It makes a TON of sense.

To be fair to OJ. I judge everything by looking at it's bottom. Cars, drivers, swimsuit models...

I really hope they didn't change the crown. I love the look of the original Covert.

Just got pretty official word that the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi is the stock shaft in the tour head. And it is a real deal shaft.

This makes me happy.

Just got pretty official word that the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi is the stock shaft in the tour head. And it is a real deal shaft.

This makes me happy.

I'm happy too, even though I've got the b.asha too ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy too, even though I've got the b.asha too ;)

I really wish I liked the b'asha. But I have yet to try one that I liked.

This makes me happy.
Well, looks like I need a new driver...

This makes me happy.

Meh, you and I will play a 103g blueboard like tiger lol

Back in the real world... the tini shaft looks definitely interesting

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I played the 83 last year and noticed a more controlled swing. I read somewhere that he wanted to use a heavier shaft to get back to the feel he had with the old steel shaft drivers. I'm pretty positive that if I swung the 103 with a driver head all 4 screws, both rods and my shoulders would end up 30yds down range on my back swing.

I must say, I love the color of these new Nike drivers. I really tried to like these clubs last year, but I just couldn't get used to the feel and sound. Great looking club though.

Should have this in hand next week and in the hands of our reviewer.

Should have this in hand next week and in the hands of our reviewer.

Can't wait :D
Dyou know roughly when the first review of this will be up?

No idea. It takes time for each writer to put it through its paces, but if you check out the home page, there is a new review that goes up every day of the week.

I enjoyed playing with the Nike Covert at the outing last year. It worked pretty darn good for me and I'm interested in seeing how the new model compares.

I enjoyed playing with the Nike Covert at the outing last year. It worked pretty darn good for me and I'm interested in seeing how the new model compares.

I've enjoyed it too OG. Looking forward to seeing if the newer model has any real differences.

I've enjoyed it too OG. Looking forward to seeing if the newer model has any real differences.

You'll be scoping this puppy out first hand at the PGA show huh? Congrats on the gig and looking forward to all the good stuff you folks will bring to the forum.

I'm excited for the in hands.

okay so I saw it (and hit it) in person a few weeks ago, and it doesn't look great, but I will admit it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.. I love this club. excited for what the reviewers have to say..

okay so I saw it (and hit it) in person a few weeks ago, and it doesn't look great, but I will admit it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.. I love this club. excited for what the reviewers have to say..

What was your opinion on the performance of it?

What don't you like about the looks?

What was your opinion on the performance of it?

I only hit 5 or so balls with the stock 60g X shaft, but it was producing just about perfect spin according to Mike at Golf Galaxy (2100), and had good launch, had the most roll-out of any of the drivers I had hit. It also went the furthest by about 10 yards.. it was averaging around 295 total, as opposed to the next best around 280 average, and that was the SLDR.

I only hit 5 or so balls with the stock 60g X shaft, but it was producing just about perfect spin according to Mike at Golf Galaxy (2100), and had good launch, had the most roll-out of any of the drivers I had hit. It also went the furthest by about 10 yards.. it was averaging around 295 total, as opposed to the next best around 280 average, and that was the SLDR.

Was it low spin, low launching like they've advertised ?
What was the difference in height to compared with your normal height on drivers.
How did you manage to try one of these bad boys :D

Was it low spin, low launching like they've advertised ?
What was the difference in height to compared with your normal height on drivers.
How did you manage to try one of these bad boys :D

Nike World HQ is about 1 mile from my golf galaxy, so a rep was down there at the same time I was, and they like me down there so they let me hit it. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention to the stats myself, I was just hitting it and listening to what Mike said about the stats of each respective hit.

How did it feel and sound?
Sorry for all these questions but I'm dying for some info on this :D

Back