Cleveland 588 Custom Driver Preview

If its as good as the last two, and I heard yesterday that its better, then I am excited to hear more.

If its as good as the last two, and I heard yesterday that its better, then I am excited to hear more.

If this doesn't catch attention, nothing will, the last two were phenomenal IMO.

NICE!!! Big fan of the last 2, gamed both for awhile so this sounds right up my alley

So the fire is stoked to ANOTHER LEVEL!!

If this doesn't catch attention, nothing will, the last two were phenomenal IMO.

If I remember correctly, these had some good accuracy for those that played them. How as the distance compared to some of the other drivers?

If I remember correctly, these had some good accuracy for those that played them. How as the distance compared to some of the other drivers?

For me, this year's custom was one of the more accurate and forgiving drivers I tinkered with. Wasnt the longest, wasnt the shortest, but a fairway finder (once I found the right shaft).

For me, this year's custom was one of the more accurate and forgiving drivers I tinkered with. Wasnt the longest, wasnt the shortest, but a fairway finder (once I found the right shaft).

That's what I remembered. I really hope these new releases have more of a square or open look to them (selfish reasons again) cause to the eye they look fantastic!

Kept up with anything on the market. They have been lower spin, so for some they will be phenomenal, others will see lower ball flight. When I moved up in loft, I was hitting it further than I had hit any driver to date.

Kept up with anything on the market. They have been lower spin, so for some they will be phenomenal, others will see lower ball flight. When I moved up in loft, I was hitting it further than I had hit any driver to date.

Thats going to be the key for me I think once I do go through a fitting, jacking up the loft. 9.5* and maybe even 10.5* days are long gone

Yep, for my spin issues I had to go up in loft and put a higher launching shaft in them but when I finally did they were a lot of fun. Incredibly unique sounds too.

That speaks volumes, I had the original classic and heard a ton of love last year for the XL, can't wait to see how this one performs!

As has been mentioned for some spin was an issue as its a very low spin face but with the right loft / shaft pairing they could really perform.
The one drawback to the previous versions was they were very forgiving high / low on the face but pretty punishing on more heel / toe misses than some of the other drivers on the market. I believe I read that the altitude driver had addressed that issue and if this driver has as well and kept the charicteristics of the last 2 classics it could be a real beast.

I didn't love the shaft pairing I had in the XLC as my swing developed and I picked up a bit of tempo, but have recently picked up the OG Classic in a lower loft (i'm a high spin player) and am having a ton of fun with it.

Hoping for much more of this!!

Again hahaha this is perrffffeeecct. JB - stop you're going to have to hose me down haha

Lets just say for a swing like yours, I have an inkling that with the proper setup, you are going to fall in love with this thing.

As has been mentioned for some spin was an issue as its a very low spin face but with the right loft / shaft pairing they could really perform.
The one drawback to the previous versions was they were very forgiving high / low on the face but pretty punishing on more heel / toe misses than some of the other drivers on the market. I believe I read that the altitude driver had addressed that issue and if this driver has as well and kept the charicteristics of the last 2 classics it could be a real beast.

I didn't love the shaft pairing I had in the XLC as my swing developed and I picked up a bit of tempo, but have recently picked up the OG Classic in a lower loft (i'm a high spin player) and am having a ton of fun with it.

This will be interesting for me. I am also a high spin guy. If this is a low spin head, I might need to look at some more low/mid spin shafts. I really like the black tie in my driver last year, but that head was a mid spin head. I am going to have to do some tinkering me thinks.

Lets just say for a swing like yours, I have an inkling that with the proper setup, you are going to fall in love with this thing.

Can NOT wait my dude. I haven't been this pumped for a driver in a long time.

Looks pretty sweet! Nice and clean! I will surely be giving it a try! Trying to figure out how to "thank" this post... But, thank you for sharing the pic :)!! More please! Really like to see the top!!!

This will be interesting for me. I am also a high spin guy. If this is a low spin head, I might need to look at some more low/mid spin shafts. I really like the black tie in my driver last year, but that head was a mid spin head. I am going to have to do some tinkering me thinks.

They had some solid offerings in shafts last year. The b asha felt great for me but didn't give me the best numbers. Not sure what Canadan went with but JConn had the black tie and beat the snot out if it.

Back