Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully an app can fix it for you. Mine was about 8 months ago. On a high end machine I just expected a little more. I'm just glad it seems fairly isolated, and most people have had great success

Agreed. Although I am an admitted Apple Fan Boy when I got my Air I paid (or work really) for 8GB of RAM to make sure there were no issues. I have been fairly lucky and seem to have no issues running OSX and Windows 7 in Parallels.

Agreed. Although I am an admitted Apple Fan Boy when I got my Air I paid (or work really) for 8GB of RAM to make sure there were no issues. I have been fairly lucky and seem to have no issues running OSX and Windows 7 in Parallels.

Do you run quite a bit through it? My list is a bit long, although i thought that's what I was paying for...

Photoshop, Janetter (twitter), Chrome with many tabs, adium (chat), spotify, iMovie (editing), sparrow (mail)... Maybe it's not as long as I thought it was.

Do you run quite a bit through it? My list is a bit long, although i thought that's what I was paying for...

Photoshop, Janetter (twitter), Chrome with many tabs, adium (chat), spotify, iMovie (editing), sparrow (mail)... Maybe it's not as long as I thought it was.

I switched back to Safari after I installed Mavericks because Chrome was always wonky for me. I Run Parallels and Windows 7, Mail, First Class (work email) Skype, iTunes, iMessage, and MS Office.

I wouldn't rule out an issue if its that slow. I would take it to the Apple Store and run diagnostics on it. I had issues with my MacBook Pro and they found it to be a logic board problem.

I switched back to Safari after I installed Mavericks because Chrome was always wonky for me. I Run Parallels and Windows 7, Mail, First Class (work email) Skype, iTunes, iMessage, and MS Office.

I wouldn't rule out an issue if its that slow. I would take it to the Apple Store and run diagnostics on it. I had issues with my MacBook Pro and they found it to be a logic board problem.

We'll see what Mavericks and the FreeMemory program do. It's not slow when I boot, only after quite a bit of usage. It's just a nuisance to continuously shut down everything once a day.

Pondering whether to pick up a PS4 or an Xbox 1...hmmm.

Just picked up this thing and its a monster.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A35KPQQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ironically it was on sale for $39 when I ordered it.

NU-248-096-0004-unit.jpg

I was actually just looking for one of these for the wife's iPhone.

2,400, 7,000, 11,000 -- if you're just using it as an emergency iPhone charger, which one should I get?

That thing is a BEAST! Awesome dude

yeah it is! I couldn't fathom paying $2000+ for a TV but I am sure that thought would change if I saw it in person. Nice purchase dude!

yeah it is! I couldn't fathom paying $2000+ for a TV but I am sure that thought would change if I saw it in person. Nice purchase dude!

It's an investment. Rather buy something now that I won't end up wanting to upgrade in 3-4 years. Plus the interest free financing makes things easy.

It's an investment. Rather buy something now that I won't end up wanting to upgrade in 3-4 years. Plus the interest free financing makes things easy.

I would never call a TV an investment but I totally understand what you are saying bro. I will probably bite the bullet and get something nice after next year and quit playing that "wait till the new model comes out" game haha

The wife and I just got 2 of the new 7" Kindle HDX's. Those suckers are NICE for a smaller tablet! I was watching some past episodes from a few shoes using the Watch ABC app and it was just like a small HD TV! Our high speed Wifi locks right in and I have no problem streaming video to them. It's nice to just sit in bed with some earphones in and watch tv on that while the wife sleeps.

Nice work! I did the same thing with my HDTV that I bought 5 years ago, looked at it as something where I would keep it until it died. To this day, people still comment on how good the picture quality is.

The wife and I just got 2 of the new 7" Kindle HDX's. Those suckers are NICE for a smaller tablet! I was watching some past episodes from a few shoes using the Watch ABC app and it was just like a small HD TV! Our high speed Wifi locks right in and I have no problem streaming video to them. It's nice to just sit in bed with some earphones in and watch tv on that while the wife sleeps.

Yeah they are. Had they had every feature we were looking for we would have gotten 2 of them instead of Nexus 7 and Note 8. Great little tablets.

Hold on did I miss someone calling the purchase of a TV an investment? I love this place

Yeah they are. Had they had every feature we were looking for we would have gotten 2 of them instead of Nexus 7 and Note 8. Great little tablets.

I was torn between spending the extra for the large 8" versions, but it wasn't worth it for the extra cost. I was looking at the Nexus & and Note 8, both great, but with the HD screens on the HDX, the tie in for Amazon, their Cloud Service and the cost...it was worth it for us.

Agreed. It's a great device. Although I do think the Nexus 7 has as good or better of a screen.

Hold on did I miss someone calling the purchase of a TV an investment? I love this place

More like spend a bit more now so that one doesn't have to spend more later.

Agreed. It's a great device. Although I do think the Nexus 7 has as good or better of a screen.

Actually as I recall, the Nexus 7's have a better screen resolution than the HDX, but so little it's probably hard to tell. Mainly for us, our two girls will use these, so the kids apps, access to Amazon Prime and some of the parent lock out tools were a good selling point for us.

Im always one to invest in quality, since most goods are "disposable" in todays tech times, but I would definitely be on the flip side of the TV thing right now and would either not upgrade or go as cheap as possible. Nobody out there knows the next step as of yet. Watching HD Net the other night for their tech panel, they were talking about how this is the first time in the last few years that nobody knows what the next step is and how soon it will be here. Will the "new HD" catch on (I believe it will). Will the curved sets catch on? Sets with media hub and storage built right in?

Its all going to be coming in the next 24 months. Just one man's take as we bought a very good TV 3 years ago and love it as it offers Smart services and 3D, but I have researched what is coming and its coming soon it appears.

Im always one to invest in quality, since most goods are "disposable" in todays tech times, but I would definitely be on the flip side of the TV thing right now and would either not upgrade or go as cheap as possible. Nobody out there knows the next step as of yet. Watching HD Net the other night for their tech panel, they were talking about how this is the first time in the last few years that nobody knows what the next step is and how soon it will be here. Will the "new HD" catch on (I believe it will). Will the curved sets catch on? Sets with media hub and storage built right in?

Its all going to be coming in the next 24 months. Just one man's take as we bought a very good TV 3 years ago and love it as it offers Smart services and 3D, but I have researched what is coming and its coming soon it appears.
Smart TV + Built in Media hub is where it's heading, I think.

And when that happens, I will own one. Nearly eliminate the need for cable services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back