Golf Channel Has A New Logo

I like the old logo but I guess the new one appeals more to the casual golfer / tv viewer who probably does not watch GC.

I like the old one better.

Neither really does it for me. But the new one does follow more modern design concepts. This foray into swaths of white space as a design fad needs to end.

I like the old one...but this is the trend now...logos and graphic design has been moving for a while from the glossy embossed web 2.0 stuff and retro stuff towards a simplistic and more 2-D direction. But...I still like the older

Really?

New one is kind of Blah. They should stick with the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the old logo better, now one is boring.

I kinda like them both. As long as the channel number doesn't change on DirecTV, it'll be ok!

However, I liked the old one because it carried over very well to their app shortcuts. Not quite sure how the new logo will look in a small, square format.

Looks great!

I don't like it or dislike it. Very plain, but not sure that is a bad thing

The new logo is simple, the old logo has more character to it. I like the old logo for most applications.

Little dull, big if it blocks less of the screen I'm all for it...maybe ghost it too.

I don't like the new one at all. Doesn't look like any creativity went into the design of the new one.
#BringBackTheG

Im not sure why everyone keeps saying the NBC logo is so in your face on the new logo. I actually think the Golf Channel stands out more on the new one. ON the old logo my eye was drawn to the bright colors against the dark blue background. On the new logo my eye is drawn more to the black letters against the bright white background. Is it because the NBC logo is the first thing on the left and your eye goes left to right when looking at the logo? I guess my eye is more drawn to the dymanic color difference in the logo. Which would the Bright against the dark in either logo.

<skim>
I could do without the NBC-linked logo.

edit: Funny, Keygan, I didn't read yours a bit until I posted, and it's the one thing I hate about it.

I think it is a #FAIL. I get wanting to get the NBC more noticeable, but now the Golf Channel has no identity at all.

I like the new logo better. Can't even give you a reason why. I am hoping that when it shows up on the bottom right hand side of the TV screen, that there is no white background. More simple, less obtrusive, better viewing.

Much prefer the old logo. The new one looks very bland and no personality to it. I don't understand why the change.

I like the old logo better...even though the "GOLF CHANNEL" is bigger on the new one the Blue G was very recognizable...maybe it is because I don't like change

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The OLD logo is much better. It brought identity to the Golf channel. The new one is just boldly announcing NBC, it's boring, and is has no imagination to it. Curious to hear what the marketing folks were thinking when they picked this as the new logo. What were the other choices?

Not a fan. I get it that NBC is invested and they want everyone to know, but I like the Golf Channel for what they have done and what they are, not those 3 little letters NBC. I hope they can maintain their identity.

JM

Like the vast majority, I like the old logo much better. The new one looks like it was stolen from the late 70's or early 80's. Maybe the success of Ron Burgundy made them want to capture that vibe a little, who knows.

Back