Golf Channel Has A New Logo

I really liked the old one, the G was so iconic. The new one seems too simple and NBC driven.

If they wanted plain, then they certainly achieved it

Couldn't care less... but do prefer the old logo when looking at both of them. Won't keep me from watching

I'll be the odd man out, I like the new one better. Looks less goofy and more to the point IMO. That funky G in the old one always bothered me.

Couldn't agree more. This one will be less obtrusive in programming I think.

TTing

LAME! It's like they didn't even try.

They should ask JB/GG to hold a THP contest. We'd kill that!

What marketing firm was paid a million dollars to come up with that boring beauty?

Old for the win.

What do you think?

new_golf_channel_logo_304.jpg

vs the current logo

Golf-Channel-Logo.jpg

The new logo is set to appear in spring of 2014.

I think it's a downgrade.

Shoddy lines separating the letters.... Something any second tier designer would look at and shake their head I have to think.

Mixed bag. The smaller corporate logo and spelling out their name are improvements for me. I liked the blue background on the old logo.

old one for me as well, but it won't affect my viewership, that's for sure.

I'm with the majority here, I like the older logo better. The new one just seems bland.

I like the older one better; more distinct and prone to brand recognition. The new one looks like something one of the exec producer's kids put together on MS Paint in 10 minutes.

Not a fan of the new logo. I think the current stands out more w/ the blue background.

I like the old one. That "G" was pretty recognizable...like the superman "S" :)

I don't understand the need to change. The Golf Channel has made such a huge positive impact on the viewing audience over the last couple of years.

I personally like the looks of hte original better anyway.

Must of had to do with NBC demanding more of a visual presence.

I prefer the old logo as well. New one is way too boring

Well NBC wants everyone to know who owns them. Its not as sleek but o well.

I prefer the old (aka current) one...

Put me in the old logo column. Next step will be to get rid of Golf Channel all together and just have the NBC logo.

I like the old logo much better

Old logo by a long shot. That G is symbolic and really represents the channel in my mind.

I don't mind the new one. It certainly appears NBC wants to use their brand to promote the channel. Probably makes sense from a marketing perspective.

I'll be with the minority here. (does that suprise anyone?)
But i like a more traditional look and the new one offers that imo. Also because the word golf imo should be in there and not just an over the top futuristic "G". But I am a bit old fasion with certain things.

I prefer the old logo. They had a nice modern looking logo and seem to have taken a step back to a bland looking logo. :shrug:

Back