Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drained a 40 footer for birdie on a 175 yard par 3.

Among the horrible shots today I did hit some good ones, the best being a 71 yard approach on 15 set up by one of my better drives of the day. I had a soft, wet, and thin lie, pulled the Scor 60 and made a nice 3/4 swing. It flew directly at the hole, hit and rolled, looking like it was going in the cup. It stopped 2 inches from the hole for an easy birdie.

Par 5 #10, tee shot has to be straight, nasty hill to the left big pond right. SLDR from the tee straight as an arrow to the corner (235). I did dunk the next shot into the water but it was well struck just got a wind gust at the wrong time.

Managed a birdie on a 339m (371 yard) Par 4 (first one this year!).

Done with a big drive off a #3 hybrid (which out drove a few guys with drivers!), followed by a pin seeking 8 iron which I swear looked like it brushed within 2-3 inches of and i was expecting to hear a clank but the ball rolled past the pin by about 4-5 yards...

Aimed my the putt at the right side of the cup and sunk it ! Yeah !!!!!!

Quite happy as I also broke 100 with a strokeplay score of 99 on a par 72 course - my first game at my new club so it will count as one of my cards (out of three) to submit to get my handicap.

SmartSquare ftw!

Ha, actually rolled the SeeMore PCB yesterday. Think I had one 3 jack yesterday when I got too aggressive on an uphill birdie putt.

I'm going to take the liberty of have two shots of the day; one might have been one of my best shots ever.

First, 167yd par 3 with a nasty crossing wind of about 12-15 mph. Managed to sneak it onto the front edge of the green, about 2 feet on.
Had an uphill, 20ft right to left breaker that I knew I could really go after (big uphill). Lined up (Thanks Cody@Seemore) and let 'er rip. About 1/2 way up the hill I started walking. BOOM. Birdie made. That hole probably won me ALL the money from my foursome yesterday.
Well, and maybe also the shot below.

Second, blocked a drive right under a tree on a par 5. There was no way to go straight, or hit a big draw, and my only option was to punch out no more than 60 yards straight left, or try a big sweeping 4 iron slice on that same punch line but with a wicked slice swing. I figured at worst I'd miss the shot and top it out into the fairway, and it was a par 5 so, "why not?". I lined up, took a giant, 'out of my shoes' swing, almost fell over, but it turned out exactly like I'd hoped. It went about 20 yards, 6 feet off the ground, and then just went hard, hard right, something like 80*. It ended up travelling about 180 from where I was and was just inside the left edge of the fairway in the short grass. I was left with 125 in and dropped one pin high, 15ft.
Missed another birdie by a foot and saved par.

Sunday was a bad day of ball striking, but I had one awesome shot.

Hole #7, dogleg left par 4 with water in the middle, meaning you need to hit a 180 yard tee shot (short of the water) and then you'll have a 160-170 second to the green.

Anyway I tee off with my 7i but hit it fat, so short and behind some trees... Was 225 yards from the flag (back pin location) with trees in my line and lots of water to carry... Decided to try and almost hook my 3h to at least carry the water and chip in on my 3rd.

I setup, get amazingly clean contact, ball starts right and begins to draw... Lands right edge, rolls to the back left edge, about 20 feet or so from the flag. Beautiful (and risky) shot!

Sent from my LG-E977 using Tapatalk

Playing Friday, I pushed my ball off the tee of a 200 yard Par 3 and was about 40 yards from the pin for my 2nd shot, but blocked out by a 30ft tall tree. I decided to take a risk and pulled my 58* wedge, opened the face and my stance and swing as hard as I could. I never saw the ball, but it was in the air for a long time, and I was watching one of my playing partners watching it and it looked like he was looking in the right direction.

Ended up sticking it 8" from the cup for an unlikely tap in par.

Scor wedge?

swing your swing

On a 350 yard par 4, sort of sliced my ball into a fairway bunker, which worried me because I dig too deep half the time. Choked down a 9 iron and got it 6 feet from the pin...made my day :banana:

About 500yd par 5, slight down hill helping wind in the back. Crushed a drive and had 128yd to the pin :) have to say that felt really good!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

About 500yd par 5, slight down hill helping wind in the back. Crushed a drive and had 128yd to the pin :) have to say that felt really good!

Now that's a long drive

Now that's a long drive

128 yd up into an elevated green, choked down on a pw and proceeded to promptly pull it 15 ft left of the green. Hit a decent chip, then promptly miss a 8 footer for bird and walked away with a disappointing par lol

No awesome shots today, just not very many bad ones. Probably the best was a 20 foot slight downhill putt for birdie into a cup that was filled with ice to within an inch of the top. Ball died into the cup and stayed in. It wasn't completely below the surface, though, so does that not count? haha

On 18 approach shot landed in the green side bunker. I was short sided & Flag was about 10 paces on and green was running away from me with water waiting....I took my 60 & have a nice thump, ball goes up and lands softly rolls down to about 4 ft.... Made par and got out of there... Easily could have turned into a BIG number if not for that bunker shot.

Tapping away on my iPhone

5 yard lob wedge chip; checked on the fringe and rolled out to a kick in for par on a sucker pin placement. After how bad my wedges were today, that's the shot I'm hanging my hat on today.

It was a couple days ago, but I'll still share - about a 385yd par 4 dogleg right. Pulled my drive right into some trees, 142 yds to the center of the green. i get there and I have no shot directly at the green. No low punch option, no over option, nothing. I think my only option is to pitch out to the fairway... until I look up and see this little window of opportunity. If I grow the cojones to try it, the ball needs to be aimed about 30 degrees left and up. It also is going to have to fade far enough to miss the greenside bunker, which is of considerable size. We're not playing for money... so, why not? I grab my 7 iron and open the face a /lot/. I'm aimed the needed 30 degrees left, but the face is pointed a little over halfway between there and the flag. I take a swing somewhere between 3/4 and full... the ball takes a *perfect* flight up through the window, and starts going right. It turns all the way over the bunker and lands in the first cut around the green!

I didn't get GIR, but I did save par. This was my shot of the day because I had no business even trying it with my skill level, but I somehow pulled it off. A bit more swing and I would have been looking a birdie putt. It was one of those shots that makes you think "hey, maybe I *can* do that" :D

4 iron off the tee at a par 3. Into the wind with a little draw. Plopped right into the centre of the green and stopped dead. Two putt for a par. Either that shot or the 200+ yard shot out of the rough straight down the fairway.

7iron from 148m in the rough to within a meter from the hole. Put fell for birdie :)
Nice first hole :p

Had a couple of AWESOME drives too, especially considering it's old and I haven't played more then 10 rounds with a driver this season. But approaches are my worst part of the game so I was happier with the approach ;)

Last edited:
Ill do the three best shots of my whole season.... (they dont come often haha).

Ramblewood- Par 4. Decent fairway drive, then put it in the bunker... About 40 feet out on the right hand side bunker and I got it to the edge of the green(kinda where I wanted it) and it didnt stop rolling and went in for a bird.

Indian Springs: hole 17. 210 Par 3 (best ball) First guy put it like 12-16 feet fromt he pin. second and third guy did nothing and I guess being relaxed or what I finally had the balls to club down and put it within 10 feet of the pin(close ive ever been to a hole in one)

My favorite. McCulloughs. Par 4, 370ish.
Theres a ridge about 340ish out that is damn near to impossible to get to but between me playing perfect, a little help from the wind(a lot of help) and the warm weather it hit the top of the ridge and rolled down. Front Right pin put me about 13 feet out on the fairway. I eagle'd out with my putter for the first and only Eagle of my life.

Eagles are so nice!

Best Shot Of Your Round

Playing a long par 5 (590 yards). I tugged my third shot and ended up left and on the wrong side of a bunker. The pin was about four paces from the fringe and it was going to be impossible to stop the ball. Only option was to play long and left and hope it caught the top of a severe ridge and ran 15' back to the hole. Clipped a 60* perfect and rode up the slope and drifted back down to two feet. Tapped in for par.

Last edited:
While I hit some greens on Par 3s and Par 4 approach shots, this 204 yard drive into a brisk wind had to be my best shot of the day. It's a 275 yard Par 4. From the tee box you can see that you have to go over a lake and over some trees. What you can't see is the landing area, down in a swell, which includes a finger of the lake that juts back toward the fairway. As I was walking up (around a clump of trees) the first thing I saw was the lake, which is not visible from the tee box.... and then I saw my ball; whew! This being my first time playing the course, I had no idea that part of the lake was down there.

885026_10151920265843401_279956809_o.jpg

fairways are dormant and the ball was rolling today. I had some fantastic drives on the front nine. The best ended up about 310 after rolling out. But I think my best shot was actually a recovery from behind some trees. I had about 95 yards to the pin with a 40 or 50-foot tall tree maybe 20 yards in front of me. My 52 is normally a 115-120-yard club, but I've been able to successfully go really high with it by moving the ball way up in my stance and swinging like a maniac. Worked out perfectly this time. I got it over that tree and landed it about 5 feet from the hole. That one felt good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back