CC info stolen from Target

Almost glad we don't have a Target close by now, lol. Hope everyone comes out ok on this.

I checked the CC and was shocked at the balance. Turns out there was no fraud, just a very rambunctious approach to the holiday season. Oh well, we are more than on our way to earning those SWA free airline tickets...

In target right now stocking up at 10% off. Hope they take cartwheel and red card 5% in addition!

In target right now stocking up at 10% off. Hope they take cartwheel and red card 5% in addition!

Let me know if they do. Likely heading there this afternoon.

Employee discount 10% + cartwheel + red card 5% + coupons = saved over $35 today. And $10 gift card back on two boxes of diapers. Boo yah.

The things we get excited about after having kids and "growing up"... haha

Just confirmed last shopping at Target was the 17th... Dodged one there....hope everyone else isn't affected in any way......

Just an FYI to anyone banking with Chase. Yesterday, they instituted a low purchase/ATM limit on any card that was part of the Target data compromise. To have the limit lifted, you have 2 choices. Call daily to temporarily raise the limit, or go into a bank and get a new card. The temporary limit raises only last for that day, so basically, you'll have to go get a new card (as I did, today).

I think this is a silly ploy. If they want to impress me, they should credit back 10% of all purchases made by potentially at risk cards during that time.

I think this is a silly ploy. If they want to impress me, they should credit back 10% of all purchases made by potentially at risk cards during that time.

that would cost them an absolute crap ton of money...

The right thing to do isn't always the cheapest.

I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just saying they probably won't because they don't want to.

I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just saying they probably won't because they don't want to.

Well, of course they don't want to. I didn't want my credit card information compromised, but that happened... Who should be sympathized with here?

All they are doing with the 10% off is enticing people to shop there, not looking out for the people impacted by their stupidity.

Well, of course they don't want to. I didn't want my credit card information compromised, but that happened... Who should be sympathized with here?

All they are doing with the 10% off is enticing people to shop there, not looking out for the people impacted by their stupidity.
People like us that have to travel 50 minutes to the nearest target will not be taking advantage of the 10% offer even though my wife purchased quite a few items there during the designated time period. I received an email from their president today saying that my bank or Target would make sure that we don't get hammered on this. I would vote that Target should be sure, not my bank. It was their red card not the banks debit card that was hacked.

There are now multiple class action suits against Target over this security breach.
The lawyers will get billions and the public will get next to nothing.

Update:

I just received an e-mail from Target saying they learned late last week the thiefs also took names, mailing addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Target is offering 1 year free credit monitoring service.

My rant: how the hell does it take them this long to realize additional information was stolen? Who do those guy have working tech security for them, Barney Fife?

Update:

I just received an e-mail from Target saying they learned late last week the thiefs also took names, mailing addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Target is offering 1 year free credit monitoring service.

My rant: how the hell does it take them this long to realize additional information was stolen? Who do those guy have working tech security for them, Barney Fife?

That question is: how long did they know about it before they decided to make an annoucement?

A shout out to our credit union which proactively cancelled and issued a new card to my wife the day after the hack was announced. The CU called and said she had purchased during the window (I had just asked her earlier in the day) and they were taking these actions. There did end up with a few fraudulent charges, but they caught them and all is good.

Bank contacted me and sent me a new car cause name may have been on list

Bank contacted me and sent me a new car cause name may have been on list

Damn, what bank do you have? I may move to Ohio. Haha

We used our chase card once in the timeframe. Chase told us to hold tight and pay attention to the account. So far no issues and they have fraud protection.

I did sign up for targets free monitoring a couple days ago. It was very easy so why not? I think you can also get your credit report and score from experian for a couple bucks after sign up.

Chase. There pretty good about fraud and you don't pay extra

To be honest, the debacle with Expedia this morning ended up with me calling Chase and then immediately refunding me the $460 so I was pretty pleased.

Back