2014 Morgan Cup - Media Day Is Now Staff Sponsor Day

Can't speak for everyone but I will be heading to the Callaway Performance Center local to me and having a full fitting done. Once we get the list of what's available to us, it gives us an idea of what we need to look at.

I've been pondering that also Ricky. I just wonder about timing. Heck, as fast as Callaway is bringing out new dynamite equipment, there may be a hole new line of irons by then.

Can't speak for everyone but I will be heading to the Callaway Performance Center local to me and having a full fitting done. Once we get the list of what's available to us, it gives us an idea of what we need to look at.

I am pretty close to the spot in Myrtle Beach. I will for sure be going there and maybe squeezing in some rounds at our host courses.

I am pretty close to the spot in Myrtle Beach. I will for sure be going there and maybe squeezing in some rounds at our host courses.

Hey thats cheating!

Luckily for me Bobby VanSweden is just an hour away for a Taylormade fitter. I'm quite excited to give him a call when appropriate.

Oh the excitement and joy that those 40 guys are going to experience is unbelievable, meeting everyone and seeing all the great gear from the OEM's, one can only imagine what it will be like. :D You guys are in for the time of your life.

Luckily for me Bobby VanSweden is just an hour away for a Taylormade fitter. I'm quite excited to give him a call when appropriate.
Yeah your pretty much dialed in with Bobby (lucky dog)
Sounds like a plan Jordan
I've been pondering that also Ricky. I just wonder about timing. Heck, as fast as Callaway is bringing out new dynamite equipment, there may be a hole new line of irons by then.
It won't matter. A fitting is a fitting. If you can get to a CPC it'll be great for you.
Unfortunately I don't think there is a true CPC near me or I would do the same. I may have to settle with the recommended fitters on Callaway's website.
Golftec is always a great option.

that's the spirit Ricki.

***if you have never had a fitting! I would strongly suggest you seek one out. With gear being delivered at True Blue there is no time to tweak. What arrives is what we will play with.

When your tour rep sends that PM mentioning its time to order you will want to know what is best for you. Lofts, lie and flexes. These three along with other things covered in a fitting will make the process easier.

I know now some may not have access to a fitting but if you do, I'd get it done.

Love the excitement Gb. It's completely unlike anything you've ever experienced. I just don't think there's a way you can even imagine the feelings you'll be experiencing as you walk to the range and see 40 staff bag sitting there. Great stuff.
youve been through this before but four years ago. I wonder how it will hit you. The Cup has changed and grown, so it will be interesting to see how it effects you.

I'm not sure this is very far from the truth. Lol. We can all try and mentally prepare, tell ourselves that I'll keep it together and be professional or whatever thoughts you put in your head. My goal is just not to pass out, try not to scream like a girl, allow only one or two weird out of date dance moves and for the love of golf don't sleep with the staff bag on the bed Friday night.. :)
I tried the stoic stance and it's too much emotion t hold back. You have to just let go and be part of the event.

I've said a few times. The gravity of this event gets everyone, if you let it. I think what started out as the golfer experience of a life time turned into a journey. A journey into the event, who you are and what golf is to you at its core. Guys leave this events with a great understanding of equipment, shafts, spin, roll..you name it. I can't tell you what it will be like because it's going to be your moment in time, yours and yours alone.

Excited is mild compared to how the lucky 2014 staffers will feel that day. I think you will see grown men cry!!
There was a good bit of crying going on that final day. It was a beautiful thing.

Every time I read something on here, this day just seems more and more amazing. Pardon the pun but it is going to be such a honor to have a day and event "Taylor Made "to us Morgan Cup'ers

KG

Just Tapping Away

The sponsor day photo is going to be something truly spectacular!

if I ever pose for a picture like that again I am bringing a phone book to stand on.

if I ever pose for a picture like that again I am bringing a phone book to stand on.
I've gotten quite good at the "sneaky tippy-toes" move.

I mean, if the bag is directly in front of your feet.. No one can see you on your toes right?

Thats a awesome photo!! Can't wait to be in one, and I will defiantly want one at the office at work and home.

how tall are you Ward? wanna make sure I am tall enough so I don't need a phone book lol
I mean, if the bag is directly in front of your feet.. No one can see you on your toes right?

exactly. And being placed between Howzat and Lambro was just cruel.

The thought that I can go down to SD and get fit at the ECPC just blows me away. Especially after watching and listening to the team at the Grandaddy. I might be a little excited.

The thought that I can go down to SD and get fit at the ECPC just blows me away. Especially after watching and listening to the team at the Grandaddy. I might be a little excited.

that will be one hell of an experience

Every time I look at that photo I think my friend ddec is easy to spot..

how tall are you Ward? wanna make sure I am tall enough so I don't need a phone book lol

Right at 5'7. The comments about my height are seriously exaggerated.

Right at 5'7 in two inch metal spike golf shoes. The comments about my height are completely accurate.
Fify..

Right at 5'7. The comments about my height are seriously exaggerated.

Ok depends on the day for me I'm 5'8 to 5'10. So I might need one.

5'6" on stilts here. I'll just stand on my bag.

Lets keep this one about the topic at hand guys. Thanks.

I have an idea of what to expect on media day but when I think about it, I really don't. The day will play out and we will all have different take aways, what's better than that?!

40 staffers with 14 brand effn new clubs, our names scribed on them, OEM reps, volunteers, family and the two that made it happen.

Now it's a party and I for one am excited!!

Back